Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just landed an interesting job...

Wikiposts

Just landed an interesting job...

Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:48 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just landed an interesting job...

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was watching the news on Channel 4 the other day and they had this feature on AQA (Any Question Answered) - this mobile phone service where you txt them and get a reply to any question. I'd never heard of it, but out of interest I went to their web-site and they had a recruitment section, said you needed degree level education, a PC and an Internet connection - so I sent off an application. They replied with this spreadsheet test that you have to time yourself on and an FAQ explaining a bit more about the company. The test had 10 questions you had to answer within 10 minutes (nothing to stop you cheating I suppose, but I did it properly), including such questions as 'How many frogs can you fit in a kitchen sink' and 'Should I save for tommorow or live life for today'.

So I did the test and filled in the application form and sent it all off and they got back to me today and offered me a job as one of their many hundreds of researchers. It's extremely flexible work - you get .30p per answer and it takes on average 3 minutes to answer one question so depending on how good you are, you can clear between £6 and £9 per hour. There's total flexibility about the hours, you just log-on when you want to work and you're not obliged to put in any hours at any time.

It's obviously not my main job, but I thought it'd make a handy little supplemental income for the move-to-Oz fund, especially since there's nothing stopping the wife logging on and clocking up some questions too. Between writing jobs I'll put my extensive knowledge of Google to good use and earn a few readies into the bargain. What did make me laugh when I got the application is that they only want people that live in the UK or Australia - down to the language issue and the fact that you can get people working the graveyard shift with no problem I guess. The starter pack's on its way to me - I'll let you all know how I get on. In the mean time - if you have any questions ...

Hi hutch, Congratulations on your new job!!!! You are very clever. (bit of creeping before I ask for a little of your help )

can you please give me the details of this website as I have a question to ask and dont have a clue how to find it out? Its a bit of a daft question (dont know if they could answer it for me )

Thanks
Julie
Old Feb 13th 2006, 9:49 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

My answer was 71. This was based on the fact that the average kitchen sink has a capacity of 23 litres and that the most abundant frog in the UK is the Common Frog which us about 320cubic cm big.

You're scary, Hutch. My answer would have been 'Who gives a sh*t?'

Nicky
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:13 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welshie
Never heard of it, but sounds quite interesting!!

I signed on for internet topless ironing once....50quid an hour!! Hubby wouldn't let me do it though...he's no fun!!!

But how do we get the ironing to you? And won't it be creased in the post when you send it back?

And why wouldn't you iron tops?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
You're scary, Hutch. My answer would have been 'Who gives a sh*t?'

Nicky
lol - well - they're paying for it. I suspect that quite a few questions are designed to catch you out - one on the test was 'what is the opposite of potato?'. But lots of them are things like 'Should I wear the red or the blue top tonight?'
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:39 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi hutch, Congratulations on your new job!!!! You are very clever. (bit of creeping before I ask for a little of your help )

can you please give me the details of this website as I have a question to ask and dont have a clue how to find it out? Its a bit of a daft question (dont know if they could answer it for me )

Thanks
Julie
Here you go - http://www.aqa.issuebits.com/ - you get a free question too, so it won't cost you anything
Old Feb 13th 2006, 10:40 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go - http://www.aqa.issuebits.com/ - you get a free question too, so it won't cost you anything

Thanks for your help, Karma sent to you