Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

And it just keeps getting better!

Wikiposts

And it just keeps getting better!

Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:06 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And it just keeps getting better!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Good grief!! I hope it stops raining too... You must be really worried. Hope you're OK hun.

They have had serious mudslides in Crumlin and all the trains from Cardiff to Bridgend and Merthyr have been cancelled because the line is unpassable due to floods.

We have a stream in the ack garden which wasn't there yesterday and have water running down the sides of the house as the wind/rain has brought all the needles off the pine trees into our gutters and blocked them. We also have rain pouring down the chimneys and the central heating boiler keeps going out as the wind is blowing rain into the exhaust. Just hope the roof stays on.....
A few places are suffering near me....the fire services have already had to rescue one family from 5 foot of water in their house!!!
Rain is stopping and starting now.....and we've had no winds today, just heavy rain!!! Even had to use my daughter's 'Blue's Clues' umbrella to walk home with....LOL
I'm standing on the bridge that is the main road here......won't be a road for much longer if this rain keeps up though!!!
Hope your roof stays on!!!!
Beth x x
Attached Thumbnails And it just keeps getting better!-100_0692.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG......how much more rain can we take!!!!
Absolutely hammered it down here all day!!!
I live just behind the bushes in the top left of the photo and the water is almost to the top of the flood walls........please stop raining!!!!
Beth x x
Beth that looks terrible, hope you live slightly unhill?

fingers crossed that it stops raining in Wales very soon
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Diz
EVERYONE CAN STOP PANICKING!!! British summer officially starts on Monday next week - then it has all week to dry the 'bog' in the grounds of the hotel where i'm gettin married next Friday - ordered the sunshine especially for Friday 3pm exactly for the rest of that day! I'm sure winter will then start in earnest on saturday 13th september.......... Diz x
Good luck with the wedding and I'm sure that by next Friday it will be dryer, it can't really get any wetter............can it
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:16 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandlesley
Beth that looks terrible, hope you live slightly unhill?

fingers crossed that it stops raining in Wales very soon
Me too...LOL
If the flood wall wasn't there the water would be lashing at my front door by now!!!!
Beth x x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:27 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody Hell Beth.

Good luck with the wedding and I'm sure that by next Friday it will be dryer, it can't really get any wetter............can it
Dont say it, just dont say it. Just stop right there. Please.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Beth & FA, sounds & looks terrible where you are. Hope it has now stopped raining.
We have had some heavy rain today but noting like it would seem you have had.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:23 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

That looks a bit norty there Beth , hope you guys stay dry
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:38 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Icarus
That looks a bit norty there Beth , hope you guys stay dry
It's still raining here
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:39 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

It's still raining here
got sand bags ? they bring them round ?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

A few places are suffering near me....the fire services have already had to rescue one family from 5 foot of water in their house!!!
Rain is stopping and starting now.....and we've had no winds today, just heavy rain!!! Even had to use my daughter's 'Blue's Clues' umbrella to walk home with....LOL
I'm standing on the bridge that is the main road here......won't be a road for much longer if this rain keeps up though!!!
Hope your roof stays on!!!!
Beth x x
Oh God, sounds really bad....

You must have been desperate to use the Blues Clues Umbrella.

(Hope you're OK there!!)

The forcast is for the rain to last til Tuesday. So Fingers crossed Diz that it will be dry for you. Have a great day hun.

XXXXXXXX

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
OMG Beth & FA, sounds & looks terrible where you are. Hope it has now stopped raining.
We have had some heavy rain today but noting like it would seem you have had.
It's been like it for a few days so all the water levels are high already.

It's still raining here
It is here too - the taff has burst it's banks - it was on the 10 o'clock news. MIl rang to ask if we were Ok - although we are on top of a mountain not at sea level.....

Stay safe Beth.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:13 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Oh God, sounds really bad....

You must have been desperate to use the Blues Clues Umbrella.

(Hope you're OK there!!)

The forcast is for the rain to last til Tuesday. So Fingers crossed Diz that it will be dry for you. Have a great day hun.

XXXXXXXX
Well the river is still quite high but as the rain eased off overnight we are still ok....PHEW!!!!
Heard the trains from Pontypridd to Treherbert were closed and Bridgend to Methyr. Ponty was at a standstill last night from the flooding!!!
You ok this morning?
Beth x x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Good grief!! I hope it stops raining too... You must be really worried. Hope you're OK hun.

They have had serious mudslides in Crumlin and all the trains from Cardiff to Bridgend and Merthyr have been cancelled because the line is unpassable due to floods.

We have a stream in the ack garden which wasn't there yesterday and have water running down the sides of the house as the wind/rain has brought all the needles off the pine trees into our gutters and blocked them. We also have rain pouring down the chimneys and the central heating boiler keeps going out as the wind is blowing rain into the exhaust. Just hope the roof stays on.....
Well the river is still quite high but as the rain eased off overnight we are still ok....PHEW!!!!
Heard the trains from Pontypridd to Treherbert were closed and Bridgend to Methyr. Ponty was at a standstill last night from the flooding!!!
You ok this morning?
Beth x x

I hope you girls are okay.

Beth, someone mentioned sandbags earlier, did you get some?

If it's any consolation we had two days of torrential rain, and flash floods in some places.

Hope the rain eases off!

Muchly,

Mxxx
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:27 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I hope you girls are okay.

Beth, someone mentioned sandbags earlier, did you get some?

If it's any consolation we had two days of torrential rain, and flash floods in some places.

Hope the rain eases off!

Muchly,

Mxxx
You wouldn't get sand bags here....LOL and if you did someone would nick them

Girls all ok......got lots of bloody homework to do by Monday though

Beth x x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:44 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Wales got it really bad - a 17 yr old girl has died

I can't believe how much rain fell yesterday
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:07 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Post Re: And it just keeps getting better!

what a wild night - been up since 4am whilst the wind and rain lashed the house. I feel for OH and his mates - they are on his stag do all day starting at 8am travelling to paintballing in a forest in this weather!! I'm sure by the time they hit Manchester tonight, none of them will give a bigger about the weather.

Thanks for the goodwishes for Friday - I am so excited! Diz x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.