Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just how much stress can one person take?

Just how much stress can one person take?

Old May 28th 2008, 6:43 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just how much stress can one person take?

Originally Posted by bridie
it's everyone else so laid back about stuff "no the file isnt here yet...." as if it's not important.
i think this sums up our house buying experience ... to everyone else it just wasnt important and the 'she'll be right' attitude starts to wear a bit thin (slight understatement) when you know for the umpteenth time that it is bl**dly well NOT going to be right AGAIN.

hope things get sorted soon for you bridie
Old May 28th 2008, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Inneedofadvice has a brilliant futureInneedofadvice has a brilliant futureInneedofadvice has a brilliant futureInneedofadvice has a brilliant futureInneedofadvice has a brilliant futureInneedofadvice has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i think this sums up our house buying experience ... to everyone else it just wasnt important and the 'she'll be right' attitude starts to wear a bit thin (slight understatement) when you know for the umpteenth time that it is bl**dly well NOT going to be right AGAIN.

hope things get sorted soon for you bridie
Me too.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:29 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

B1 justcount to 10, better make it 12 !then go bash your agent:curse:
best wishes and karma from us
Old May 30th 2008, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
we have decided overnight we'll ask for prior posession and if we can get the key today. at least that way we can clean up and start decorating DDs room and the paperwork can sort itself out.

i just cant beleive what a pantomime this whole thing has been and the usual Aussie way of "pass the buck until they get fed up and go away" which unfortuantely this time we cant go away!

And yes, I have bought and sold property in the UK - yes it was fairly stressful but at least you know how things work over there. Here we've been left in the dark, no-one even told us we had to pay the stamp duty up front so you can imagine how we felt getting an invoice for over $20K that had to be paid there and then.... I think that's half the problem, lack of communication from every which way.

I know once we're in and settled this will be a distant memory, but really could have done without all the hassle and stress - it's always us
Be very careful if you opt for the 'Possession prior to Settlement' option.

Same usually means that you accept the place 'as-is' and you waive your rights for all plumbing, gas, and electrical fittings to be in good working order?

If major faults are evident on the electrical side............. you may have to rectify same at your expense if you do go ahead and take up the 'Possession prior to Settlement' option.

Good Luck

Johnno
Old May 30th 2008, 6:42 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Be very careful if you opt for the 'Possession prior to Settlement' option.

Same usually means that you accept the place 'as-is' and you waive your rights for all plumbing, gas, and electrical fittings to be in good working order?

If major faults are evident on the electrical side............. you may have to rectify same at your expense if you do go ahead and take up the 'Possession prior to Settlement' option.

Good Luck

Johnno
How you doing mate?
Long time no see!
That dish your wife made at Worzel's was gorgeous (well not the dish, the food in it )

Tracey
Old May 31st 2008, 2:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

If you are being pedantic Vilma didn't make it here she brought it with her.

Hello John - how's tricks? Can't be much fun in your game at the moment. I have seen your car around a few times recently.
Old May 31st 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
How you doing mate?
Long time no see!
That dish your wife made at Worzel's was gorgeous (well not the dish, the food in it )

Tracey

If you are being pedantic Vilma didn't make it here she brought it with her.

Hello John - how's tricks? Can't be much fun in your game at the moment. I have seen your car around a few times recently.

Worzel
We are doing fine thanks.

Very busy busy busy at work; don't often get much spare time to come on here. I need a couple of extra sales staff but seemingly a lot of salespeople have come to their senses and have gone and got a 'proper' job due to the slump we are experiencing.

The market is still pretty flat and predicted to get much worse............. but we are surviving okay. I've been doing a fair bit of Buyer's Agent deals so that keeps the wolves from the door.

The Great Wall of China is complete ............... haven't had much luck with the concrete though. Once the extension is complete we can have another shindig like we had on New Year's Day.

Haven't been able to attend your meetings Worz; too busy at nights with clients plus Lodge work. Pop round for a coffee anytime if you are in the area.

regards

Johnno
Old May 31st 2008, 4:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
We are doing fine thanks.

Very busy busy busy at work; don't often get much spare time to come on here. I need a couple of extra sales staff but seemingly a lot of salespeople have come to their senses and have gone and got a 'proper' job due to the slump we are experiencing.

The market is still pretty flat and predicted to get much worse............. but we are surviving okay. I've been doing a fair bit of Buyer's Agent deals so that keeps the wolves from the door.

The Great Wall of China is complete ............... haven't had much luck with the concrete though. Once the extension is complete we can have another shindig like we had on New Year's Day.

Haven't been able to attend your meetings Worz; too busy at nights with clients plus Lodge work. Pop round for a coffee anytime if you are in the area.

regards

Johnno
Cheers mate