Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just got back from the airport

Just got back from the airport

Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Red face Just got back from the airport

Dropped hubby off at Edinburgh for his 'big' flight. The next time we (me and the girls) will see him will be in Perth in 3 weeks time . I also dropped the girls off at my mum and dads for the night and came home to an empty house (apart from the dogs). That was when it hit me that he's never coming home here again . I can't seem to get my head round it. We're so used to him being away from home due to work but the fact that he's gone for good seems so bizarre.

Mum's bringing out the big emotional guns again (as if it wasn't bad enough already) so I've just had a big noisy cry, just because I can .

Now I feel well enough to raid the wine rack (well I can't take it with me)

So for everyone feeling emotional tonight (or whenever) due to this experience, I'm raising my glass.

Cheers everyone (and thanks for listening)
Tracey

PS The (snippy) woman at the BA check-in desk forgot to charge him for his 20kg excess baggage too!!! How jammy is that?
Old Mar 4th 2006, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just got back from the airport

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Dropped hubby off at Edinburgh for his 'big' flight. The next time we (me and the girls) will see him will be in Perth in 3 weeks time . I also dropped the girls off at my mum and dads for the night and came home to an empty house (apart from the dogs). That was when it hit me that he's never coming home here again I can't seem to get my head round it. We're so used to him being away from home due to work but the fact that he's gone for good seems so bizarre.

Mum's bringing out the big emotional guns again (as if it wasn't bad enough already) so I've just had a big noisy cry, just because I can

So for everyone feeling emotional tonight (or whenever) due to this experience, I'm raising my glass.

Tracey

PS The (snippy) woman at the BA check-in desk forgot to charge him for his 20kg excess baggage too!!! How jammy is that?
Ahh bless

heres looking at you kid
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:12 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers to you and yours.....enjoy

Ginny
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:23 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Dropped hubby off at Edinburgh for his 'big' flight. The next time we (me and the girls) will see him will be in Perth in 3 weeks time . I also dropped the girls off at my mum and dads for the night and came home to an empty house (apart from the dogs). That was when it hit me that he's never coming home here again . I can't seem to get my head round it. We're so used to him being away from home due to work but the fact that he's gone for good seems so bizarre.

Mum's bringing out the big emotional guns again (as if it wasn't bad enough already) so I've just had a big noisy cry, just because I can .

Tracey

Oh Tracey, that must feel soooo weird. Hope the 3 weeks go really fast for you. Cheers

Gill
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:35 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Ah cheers tracey, just think about the beaches
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:52 am
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute

Remember ......."stiff upper lip dear girl stiff upper lip"

Lets all send Tracey loads of Hugging Karma
Old Mar 4th 2006, 7:57 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tracey

bottoms up!!!!

3 weeks will go in a flash, you'll be so busy you will wonder where the time has gone.

Shirley x
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:06 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Cheers Tracey!

Been Pretty emotional here today too - what with PMT and immigration - god bloody help me (and those around me! ). Only 3 1/2 weeks to go now though and apparently thats when the stress starts to reduce - PLEASE GOD!!

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Ah Cheers Tracey!

Been Pretty emotional here today too - what with PMT and immigration - god bloody help me (and those around me! ). Only 3 1/2 weeks to go now though and apparently thats when the stress starts to reduce - PLEASE GOD!!

Rach xxxx
I have to admit PMT might be a teensy weensy itty bitty factor here too
TJ

ps Thanks for the karma you lovely people.