Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just come back from a validation holiday in Cairns

Wikiposts

Just come back from a validation holiday in Cairns

Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:14 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just come back from a validation holiday in Cairns

Well, tomorrow reality will set in again as I have to go to work. Or for the more optimistic people amongst us, I can go back to work .

October 1th we left for a validation holiday to Cairns (me, hubby and Joe who turned 6 in the plane). We had a lovely 3 weeks and of course had a really nice gettogether with Bix and his family (thanks again ).

Unfortunately we had to go back to the Netherlands as our house isn't sold yet and we need the equity of our house to set up life.

We did get a good feel for the place, we've been there 2 before, but no we were looking at Cairns with a different eye as you can imagine.

Of course we also did a lot of holiday things, like swimming in rock pools, beaches, pools (lots of water ). We went to Cow Bay for a night in the jungle, to Hartleys Creek for the crocs and other wildlife, Kuranda, Mareeba (just to look at the place), Green Island for some lovely snorkeling (before it got windy luckily) but because of the strong wind we didn't go a second time.

What's the plan? Well as soon as our house is sold (????? don't know when) we will be making the trip again, but no return tickets that time round

Miranda
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just come back from a validation holiday in Cairns

Originally Posted by tum
Well, tomorrow reality will set in again as I have to go to work. Or for the more optimistic people amongst us, I can go back to work .

October 1th we left for a validation holiday to Cairns (me, hubby and Joe who turned 6 in the plane). We had a lovely 3 weeks and of course had a really nice gettogether with Bix and his family (thanks again ).

Unfortunately we had to go back to the Netherlands as our house isn't sold yet and we need the equity of our house to set up life.

We did get a good feel for the place, we've been there 2 before, but no we were looking at Cairns with a different eye as you can imagine.

Of course we also did a lot of holiday things, like swimming in rock pools, beaches, pools (lots of water ). We went to Cow Bay for a night in the jungle, to Hartleys Creek for the crocs and other wildlife, Kuranda, Mareeba (just to look at the place), Green Island for some lovely snorkeling (before it got windy luckily) but because of the strong wind we didn't go a second time.

What's the plan? Well as soon as our house is sold (????? don't know when) we will be making the trip again, but no return tickets that time round

Miranda

Hi Miranda gonna have a nice read
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:24 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Hi Miranda gonna have a nice read
Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tum
Thanks
Hey , nice read & i hope its not long till you get yer one way ticket .
well done & i'm pleased you had a great time
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your holiday in the Netherlands Miranda; but come home soon
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post. Don't let the fact that Bixie lives there put you off. There are plenty of normal people up there. I think
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:01 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by Bix
Enjoy your holiday in the Netherlands Miranda; but come home soon
yes, I hate long holidays, don't you
Old Oct 28th 2007, 2:02 am
tum
destination Cairns

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nice post. Don't let the fact that Bixie lives there put you off. There are plenty of normal people up there. I think