Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just booked - flying tomorrow!!!

Wikiposts

Just booked - flying tomorrow!!!

Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:54 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default Just booked - flying tomorrow!!!

Oh my god...

Passport back in post 9.15am, flight booked by 9.45am!!

Flying just after 1pm tomorrow with Emirates from Newcastle. So many little things to do! So many people to tell...

Feels like I have been delayed for ages but it's only about 2 weeks later than I was originally going to fly.

Feeling sick - one way flight!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just booked - flying tomorrow!!!

Good luck on your new life Down Under.
Lorraine
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:01 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting!!! Where you heading?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Have a great flight and enjoy your new life
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:15 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Good luck on your new life Down Under.
Lorraine
Originally Posted by viviennef
How exciting!!! Where you heading?
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey Have a great flight and enjoy your new life

Thanks guys!!

Off to Sydney, got a job which I'm starting the Monday after I land...

And yes, blimey indeed! One way to make me make preparations faster that's for sure. And to go from -2 degrees to 30 degrees may be a bit of a shocker for my body so I expect I won't be doing anything for 2 days, along with the jet lag!

Something I've just thought of - I'm getting a multi-way surge protector plug shipped with my stuff - but the changing the main plug end...how'd you go about that then? Can you pay someone to do it!?! (I must have missed that lesson at school about plugs and fuses...)
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:20 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lerato
Thanks guys!!

Off to Sydney, got a job which I'm starting the Monday after I land...

And yes, blimey indeed! One way to make me make preparations faster that's for sure. And to go from -2 degrees to 30 degrees may be a bit of a shocker for my body so I expect I won't be doing anything for 2 days, along with the jet lag!

Something I've just thought of - I'm getting a multi-way surge protector plug shipped with my stuff - but the changing the main plug end...how'd you go about that then? Can you pay someone to do it!?! (I must have missed that lesson at school about plugs and fuses...)

Can't help you with the plug thingy but just wanted to wish you luck and hope you have a safe journey read your blog and I thought it was ace

Ellie
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god...

Flying just after 1pm tomorrow with Emirates from Newcastle. So many little things to do! So many people to tell...

Feels like I have been delayed for ages but it's only about 2 weeks later than I was originally going to fly.

Best of luck! Now get off here and do some packing
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:17 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

blimey you dont hang about. All the best, have a fab life.

now get packing
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Superb
Have a great adventure

jase
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:00 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

Originally Posted by oz bound
Can't help you with the plug thingy but just wanted to wish you luck and hope you have a safe journey read your blog and I thought it was ace

Ellie
Thanks - it's great to vent on a blog when you're waiting!!

Originally Posted by mark 'n' joe
blimey you dont hang about. All the best, have a fab life.

now get packing
Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Best of luck! Now get off here and do some packing
Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Superb
Have a great adventure

jase

Haha cheers guys, I was already packed just loose ends to tie up, sort out flight clothes etc

Now just about to have my last supper so to speak!! Sister and best mate coming round tonight. Getting train to airport at 9.00am tomorrow so it's all systems go as soon as I get up.

Excited, feeling a tad nervous and sick also. Will feel much better once I've landed at the other end!!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck hun.... makes me wish I was young free and single too.... it has taken 2 years to organise our lives ready to emigrate.

Say hi to Knockoff Nige in Sydney.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Wow hope you get the last few bits sorted in time!

Hope you a good flight/s & all the best

Oh & enjoy the warm weather for us won't you!

Alison x
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:11 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Oh my god...

Wow you are a quick worker, congratulations and good luck with your new life in Australia
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - it's great to vent on a blog when you're waiting!!

Haha cheers guys, I was already packed just loose ends to tie up, sort out flight clothes etc

Now just about to have my last supper so to speak!! Sister and best mate coming round tonight. Getting train to airport at 9.00am tomorrow so it's all systems go as soon as I get up.

Excited, feeling a tad nervous and sick also. Will feel much better once I've landed at the other end!!
Ooooh you'll be on the train now! Have a nice flight and looking forward to hearing how you've got on
Old Feb 16th 2009, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

ftm2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck lerato keep us posted please

Louiseh86 I am also a welder similar to your other half if possible can you mssg me and offer some advice please
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.