Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just been to a Clairvoyant!

Just been to a Clairvoyant!

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:15 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just been to a Clairvoyant!

Memory is not very reliable, they might say something very vague and you fill in the gaps and remeber it as an accurate statement, in the same way that you can look at any horoscope and make it match your day.

If they where really Clairvoyant they why don't they predict something useful like the lottery, oh but wait it doesn't work like that does it
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was waiting to sell my house before I went to aus and went to see a Clairvoyant. He told me my house would sell to a man, well yep that would cover most sales really but when I talked to my buyers the wife said it the house was been bought by her husband and would be in his name only! The other thing he said was that I would live with a bloke, but not in a boyfriend, girlfriend way, but more in a friendship way.

As it turned out we had to have a new principal at the school I was working at and the old principal was still in the other school house so the new one had to share with me!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:52 pm

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Case in point, both those statements could mean anything, "sold to a man"

And as your moving country your likely to be stopping at someones house.

Originally Posted by lollyno1
I was waiting to sell my house before I went to aus and went to see a Clairvoyant. He told me my house would sell to a man, well yep that would cover most sales really but when I talked to my buyers the wife said it the house was been bought by her husband and would be in his name only! The other thing he said was that I would live with a bloke, but not in a boyfriend, girlfriend way, but more in a friendship way.

As it turned out we had to have a new principal at the school I was working at and the old principal was still in the other school house so the new one had to share with me!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:54 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Just had my palm and tarrot cards read and OMG can't believe how accurate he was about me and my family! Got my personality down to a tee, explained the stress of the last two years, knew that I had 2 girls and told me of their personalities and then asked me if we were planning to move to Australia How weird is all of that? The hairs on my arms stood up, it was so accurate. When my husband met me afterwards he said i looked like i'd seen a ghost. It really was spooky. Anyone else had any good readings?
Quick question. Did he see you coming?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched this programme the other day about Psychics and it made me cringe with embarrassment.

They were doing random readings and saying stuff like 'Have you had difficulty sleeping recently?' or 'Do you know someone who has died of cancer?'

Some of them got so much stuff way off the mark I thought it was a set up.

It's like the bit from Peter Kay's 'Phoenix Nights' when the psychic says 'Is there a John in the room'
Old Jul 24th 2008, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I watched this programme the other day about Psychics and it made me cringe with embarrassment.

They were doing random readings and saying stuff like 'Have you had difficulty sleeping recently?' or 'Do you know someone who has died of cancer?'

Some of them got so much stuff way off the mark I thought it was a set up.

It's like the bit from Peter Kay's 'Phoenix Nights' when the psychic says 'Is there a John in the room'
My sisters-in-law love them - waste their money on them all the time. One of them told youngest sister-in-law that her dad's spirit lived in our garage! Sister-in-law told hubby, who thinking was great joke, told our three kids (aged 4, 6 & 8) at the time. Couldn't get the kids to go in the garage without me after that!!!!! Lucky we've moved house and there's no garage.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:05 am

Is there anyway here who had a great grand mother.
"wow"
Is she dead
"shock"
She telling you to be careful
"wow, thats the sort of think she would have said"

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Is there anyway here who had a great grand mother.
"wow"
Is she dead
"shock"
She telling you to be careful
"wow, thats the sort of think she would have said"
and knows someone whose name stars with j is it james or jimmy or john maybe jack
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate that its not everyones cup of tea. I was only curious to know if anyone else has had a good reading and didnt think others who werent interested in this sort of thing would be so ready to mock.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Case in point, both those statements could mean anything, "sold to a man"

And as your moving country your likely to be stopping at someones house.
was going to explain why I believed but c ant be bothered, you have your thoughts on this and I have mine.

However mocking others beliefs is rather insensitive
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

was going to explain why I believed but c ant be bothered, you have your thoughts on this and I have mine.

My comments have just been a bit of good fun. I do believe in some forms of paranormal, I often have feelings and dreams about my own family and friends, have done all my life. I just don't agree with the ripoff merchants praying on vulnerable people.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Hi,

We are just in process of packing stuff to move to Aus and I found a tape of a fortune teller reading that I had done when I was 16 or 17 (21 years ago) and living in Aus, still at school no intentions of moving anywhere.

She said I would move to England and marry a Englishman (did both), I would train to be a nurse (yes) although at the time I laughed. oh and I would have three children, (yes). And bizarrely my brother would marry someone with long dark hair, Do not know why that came up but that happened as well.

I was quite freaked out listening to the tape after all these years, OH thinks it's a load of nonsense, but even he was shocked.
Originally Posted by markallwood
Perhaps your unconcious decisions were influenced by the fortune teller, to a far greater extent that you might think...

Hi, as I said I can agree in principle, and agree that the mind is powerful and sometimes unconcious descisions are not all that they appear. Case in point Darren Brown, However, how can I unconciously make my body produce three daughters, two were planned, but had twins.

Memory is not very reliable, they might say something very vague and you fill in the gaps and remeber it as an accurate statement, in the same way that you can look at any horoscope and make it match your day.

If they where really Clairvoyant they why don't they predict something useful like the lottery, oh but wait it doesn't work like that does it
(TONGUE VERY MUCH IN CHEEK, HOW DO YOY KNOW THEY DON'T. I'D KEEP IT QUIET IF I COULD)

Mine was taped so I listened with a critical ear and yes there was a few vague events but the major life events were spot on. and believe me I wanted it to be a load of rubbish, I listened to the tape for a laugh. I did'nt.

I guess there is unexplained things in life that occur and it's very easy and probably quite british to mock things we do not understand. However, as far as I'm concerned the jurys out.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:32 am

Come on, sold to a man!
Then again I sold my last house to a chipmunk

Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:33 am

Because you wouldn't be wasting time with readings.
And every week hundreds of people would win it thing

(TONGUE VERY MUCH IN CHEEK, HOW DO YOY KNOW THEY DON'T. I'D KEEP IT QUIET IF I COULD)

The way I see it the case was thrown out long before it got to a jury due to lack of evidence !

as far as I'm concerned the jurys out

Last edited by themerlin; Jul 25th 2008 at 10:45 am.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Our neighbour in Scotland was told she would have 3 children, so when the third child was born, she sent her hubby out to get the snip True story