Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just been to a Auction

Just been to a Auction

Old May 1st 2010, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just been to a Auction

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That is gorgeous. Would almost convince me to live up in the city. Give it an acre or so of land around it and I'd be happy.
The acre of land around it has roughly 7 cafes, 6 clothes shops, 3 book shops and brisbane's largest antique centre Far more versatile than a paddock
Old May 1st 2010, 9:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
The acre of land around it has roughly 7 cafes, 6 clothes shops, 3 book shops and brisbane's largest antique centre Far more versatile than a paddock
But I wouldn't have it to myself. I'd have to share it with members of the public
Old May 1st 2010, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But I wouldn't have it to myself. I'd have to share it with members of the public
I now have an image of you standing alone in a paddock with a big grin on your face. Me, I'll take the cafe and a good book.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Prices still hot here.
This was sold 2 weeks ago. Advertised at around mid $500s. Sold for $667k
In our street!
Old May 2nd 2010, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
This is not far from me, it has been on the market for ages:
http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...unda-106182769
He initially had it on for $975k, which was way overpriced. I reckon $850k would be a fair price right now.
This would be ideal for us as our oldest boy goes to Spring Road Kindy - would need to drop to $600k first though!!
Old May 2nd 2010, 2:51 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well you get a bit more bang for your buck in Shellharbour

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ort=price-desc
I'd love to know how much that one goes for, its beautiful
Old May 2nd 2010, 2:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I'd love to know how much that one goes for, its beautiful
I'll try to remember to post the numbers from next week... assuming it goes.
Old May 2nd 2010, 3:03 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I'll try to remember to post the numbers from next week... assuming it goes.
cheers
Old May 2nd 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

I'm selling in Canberra at the moment - hope the prices hold steady there for the time being.
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Prices still hot here.
This was sold 2 weeks ago. Advertised at around mid $500s. Sold for $667k
In our street!

nice house , nice area shame about the price
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
630,000 K.... I doubt if they would have got much more even at the peak 2 months ago. Although I'm sure there would have been more bidders then.... Very small block, 280sqm but really well finished house.

Could be a totally different market in 4 weeks I reckon, so the sellers did really well.

Should be interesting these next few weeks and if there are any other reports from today.

are you teasing me again with your rumours of price drops

2 bedroom unit in Glen Waverley would do me, but nothing under 400,000 for that!
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
This would be ideal for us as our oldest boy goes to Spring Road Kindy - would need to drop to $600k first though!!
Small world eh. I've been in this house and I'm not that keen on it - too much dark wood and old fashioned for my taste.

I wouldn't buy it.
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
nice house , nice area shame about the price
We are still pinching ourselves that we managed to get our house (at Christmas time) for under $515k, since every other house for sale in the street has sold for over $550k in the last few months... And no, we did not buy a lemon
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
are you teasing me again with your rumours of price drops

2 bedroom unit in Glen Waverley would do me, but nothing under 400,000 for that!
I reckon this coming weekend will be a good indicator.

I dont think there are as many frantic buyers out there now. In fact I'm sure there isn't.

Not sure whether prices will go backwards in a hurry though, maybe just stay put or drop very slightly. Definitely more rentals around, as the people in the sold house in our area, reckon thats the only bonus to them in having to move, is a much better rental market.. They are going to move to Preston to be nearer the Chinese and other Asian restaurants in High St, plus more music venues there, and expect to save maybe 20 to 30 bucks per week.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; May 3rd 2010 at 5:29 am.
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
So I've decided to settle on this one:

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...gton-106492778
Wow. For auction on my husband's 50th. That's got to be a sign