British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Just back from our validation trip (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/just-back-our-validation-trip-605167/)

helena39 Apr 23rd 2009 7:39 am

Just back from our validation trip

Hi,

Well, we are back from Queenslands and what can I say...........WE WANT TO GO BACK :rofl::rofl:
We had a wonderful time and it was so good to see the kids happy and content. We went to the Gold Coast which was lovely and we had a look at Brisbane but we are in love with Sunshine Coast, Caloundra (our original choice). We came home today and we just can't wait to go back. We are hoping to return for good by June all going well. :thumbsup: Caloundra seems to have everything we need. There are lots of shops and lovely beaches. We are hoping to rent in Bellvista.
Helena

Brisben Apr 23rd 2009 10:45 am

Re: Just back from our validation trip

Originally Posted by helena39 (Post 7508270)
Hi,

Well, we are back from Queenslands and what can I say...........WE WANT TO GO BACK :rofl::rofl:
We had a wonderful time and it was so good to see the kids happy and content. We went to the Gold Coast which was lovely and we had a look at Brisbane but we are in love with Sunshine Coast, Caloundra (our original choice). We came home today and we just can't wait to go back. We are hoping to return for good by June all going well. :thumbsup: Caloundra seems to have everything we need. There are lots of shops and lovely beaches. We are hoping to rent in Bellvista.
Helena

Nice one, yep cannot disgaree , Caloundra is a great choice, given my first visit again, I think I would settle in the sunny coast too.

snow-white Apr 23rd 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Brisben (Post 7508838)
Nice one, yep cannot disgaree , Caloundra is a great choice, given my first visit again, I think I would settle in the sunny coast too.

glad to hear you had a great time helena if your back in june give me a shout were only on gold coast could meet up for coffee

lesley x

asprilla Apr 23rd 2009 11:20 am

Hi,

Well, we are back from Queensland and what can I say...........WE WANT TO GO BACK :rofl::rofl:
Helena

Good luck to you Helena!

cheers

scottishcelts Apr 23rd 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

Helena

Good luck, hope you manage to make it out in time for June! :thumbsup:

If you can get a hold of Baby75 on here, they are our friends and have just returned to Dublin after 8 months in the Sunshine Coast and their last address was at Bellvista. They may be able to give you a few pointers in the area. :)

spartacus Apr 23rd 2009 1:57 pm

Hi,

Caloundra seems to have everything we need. There are lots of shops and lovely beaches.
Helena

Does it have any jobs?

scottishcelts Apr 23rd 2009 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 7509159)
Does it have any jobs?

No

spartacus Apr 23rd 2009 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7509174)
No

So not quite 'everything' . . .

scottishcelts Apr 23rd 2009 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 7509180)
So not quite 'everything' . . .

You could be onto something there Spartacus :sneaky:

knockoff nige Apr 23rd 2009 2:10 pm

Hi,

Helena

Good stuff Helena. It is an amazing country to live in. Good luck with your permanent move.

spartacus Apr 23rd 2009 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7509185)

It was elementary my dear Watson . . .

scottishcelts Apr 23rd 2009 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 7509189)
It was elementary my dear Watson . . .

Snort snort sniff sniff ;)

helena39 Apr 24th 2009 4:33 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7509185)

It all depends on what kind of job you want - Don't you think?????

My OH is a baker and there are plenty of bakiers all over that area as well as many Woolworths & Coles so we are not worried about that. Anyone we have spoken to have assure him he will not have a problem. My brother who has lived in Oz for 20 years (he now lives in Sunshine Coast) and who has had many jobs/businesses over the years has also said he will not have a problem. Caloundra is surrounded by many other towns.
Helena

helena39 Apr 24th 2009 4:34 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7508915)
Good luck, hope you manage to make it out in time for June! :thumbsup:

If you can get a hold of Baby75 on here, they are our friends and have just returned to Dublin after 8 months in the Sunshine Coast and their last address was at Bellvista. They may be able to give you a few pointers in the area. :)

Hi,

I used to speak to Niamh before they went. Why have they returned home? I thought they loved it there???
Helena

scottishcelts Apr 24th 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by helena39 (Post 7511010)
Hi,

I used to speak to Niamh before they went. Why have they returned home? I thought they loved it there???
Helena

Oh, she was one homesick chick! Missed all her family too much and longed to go home, work was dryin up for Paul too, so they packed their bags as off the went, now she couldn't be happier. :)