Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi all, noticed that no one has had any good news on here for the last few days.

I sent an email on the progress of our visa monday to ask for a estimated guess as to when we would get a CO, as when ive emailed a similar message asking when the visa would be granted they always state they do them in date order and we havnt got a CO. So anyway, i thought this time id ask about the CO, to be told again, they do them in date order and that they are working on January CO now!!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed up late and tried the phone number to enquire about progress and if it was as vague and incorrect as the emails you get!

Carley
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi all, noticed that no one has had any good news on here for the last few days.

I sent an email on the progress of our visa monday to ask for a estimated guess as to when we would get a CO, as when ive emailed a similar message asking when the visa would be granted they always state they do them in date order and we havnt got a CO. So anyway, i thought this time id ask about the CO, to be told again, they do them in date order and that they are working on January CO now!!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed up late and tried the phone number to enquire about progress and if it was as vague and incorrect as the emails you get!

Carley
This baffles me also they definatley dont do them in date order if thats the case all you junies should have CO and even visas im a july app and a lot of july apps have already this week been granted there visas(which im a very pleased for them ) while some are still waiting full acks and COs, including myself it does make you feel forgotton especially when your app was put in before others and theyve already heard but im sure we will all get there in the end but the waiting sure is hard isnt there a saying that its not the war that can kill a soilder its the waiting
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad city fan
This baffles me also they definatley dont do them in date order if thats the case all you junies should have CO and even visas im a july app and a lot of july apps have already this week been granted there visas(which im a very pleased for them ) while some are still waiting full acks and COs, including myself it does make you feel forgotton especially when your app was put in before others and theyve already heard but im sure we will all get there in the end but the waiting sure is hard isnt there a saying that its not the war that can kill a soilder its the waiting
Feel the same way, have long given up on how they process the applications, we have front loaded or medicals and police checks, so getting a bit worried that we are going to have to re-do them, anyone else had to redo medicals etc? as if so we are going to have to start saving again.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Bournes

Carley
I've just tried a very similar thing but emailing the address on the acknowledgement form and had a standard email saying pretty much what you've just said but it did say we would get a more detailed reply if our query wasn't about the information on the email (receiving an acknowledgement)and as I'd specifically asked about co I'm hoping they might send more information in a day or two.
I emailed our agent and he seemed confident we would hear in a day or two so I'm trying to keep positive and treating it all as 'no news etc' but it is hard coz we're in this kind of limbo for now- are we going or not? It's not such a big problem for us but our eldest son is applying for uni and doesn't know what he's doing.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad city fan
does the january mean jan07 or jan08 applicants? I thought it meant 07 in which case they are months away from us junies?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Feel the same way, have long given up on how they process the applications, we have front loaded or medicals and police checks, so getting a bit worried that we are going to have to re-do them, anyone else had to redo medicals etc? as if so we are going to have to start saving again.
similar to us but not had meds yet but thinking we will probably have to validate in july/aug this year if we get visa but can't book any flights coz no visa yet but flights will go through roof soon and we will still have to have single flights later in year to move properly.Can't get my head around anything at mo'. Lets hope we all hear soon!!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

buzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant future

Another Junie bites the dust!

We received our visas yesterday - woo hoo!

No more checking emails three times a day.........

Best of luck to all you Junies still waiting.

Buzzer x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by buzzer

Buzzer x
Congratulations to you!! All the best for your new life down under

Alison
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Buzzer x

Congratulations
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Buzzer x

CONGRATULATIONS

ALL THE BEST DOWN UNDER

ANGIEK
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:23 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Huge congrats to those recently got visas yippee the wait is over! Good luck to those of you still waiting it can't be long now, hang on in there, sending lots of good karma

If you fancy a laugh hubby and I are on this morning's Wanted Down Under on BBC1 at 9:15am trying out life in Cairns! Really scared at how we're going to come across/get edited! Hope we don't look like idiots!

Anyone more Junies going to Cairns?

xxx
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Buzzer x
CONGRATULATIONS enjoy your newlife downunder

Suexx
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buzzer x
Fab news!!!Terrific news for a miserable jan. Next years Jan should be a bit sunnier for you!!!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Huge congrats to those recently got visas yippee the wait is over! Good luck to those of you still waiting it can't be long now, hang on in there, sending lots of good karma

If you fancy a laugh hubby and I are on this morning's Wanted Down Under on BBC1 at 9:15am trying out life in Cairns! Really scared at how we're going to come across/get edited! Hope we don't look like idiots!

Anyone more Junies going to Cairns?

xxx
just finished watching the programme - you didnt look silly, i think todays was the best episode so far , cairns looks beautiful.
have a fab life there - when are you going?

lisa
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

So great to hear everyone getting their visas. Congratulations to you all the feeling must be great! So wish it was us!!

Not sure if our medicals are cleared yet- they were signed for on 3 Dec. OH has diabetes so not sure if they will be a straight forward yes.

It's so tempting to email the Lcu- it would be nice to know if that stage has been successful. I can cope then with the wait for a yes or no. Although if its no I will be devasted.

It feels like life is on hold a bit until we know for sure. It seems pointless trying to organise anything in case its a waste of time. Our meds/pcs were done last September and we were hoping to go by August.

Babsw- Have sebt you some good luck Karma-really hope you get a CO soon.

It's really hard to work out who is still waiting.
Shall we start a list?

Mands14
Babsw
ozzy7
ozzyfever
mad city fan
the bournes
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07

Sorry if I haven't put everyone on. Feel free to add to list...... We are not alone!!!

Last edited by MANDS14; Jan 9th 2008 at 9:35 pm. Reason: Add to list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.