Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Well have bit the bullet and just booked flights Flying out on 17 January, having a 3 night stop over in Kuala Lumpur and then on to Brisbane arriving on the 22 Jan! Also booked accommodation in Brisbane for the first 2 weeks while we try and find a rental! Just need the damned Visa now

Keri
You'll get the visa

L xx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Reedy
You'll get the visa

L xx
Thanks Laura, I know we will How are your plans going?
Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Laura, I know we will How are your plans going?
Swimmingly... Dunc has a job to go to now... But I still haven't booked flights as there is the potential for opportunity in both Sydney and Melbourne so I am going to wait and see where fate takes us....

We are still planning to move on New Years Eve

Lau xx

Sending you Karma for visa grant soon. xxx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Swimmingly... Dunc has a job to go to now... But I still haven't booked flights as there is the potential for opportunity in both Sydney and Melbourne so I am going to wait and see where fate takes us....

We are still planning to move on New Years Eve

Lau xx

Sending you Karma for visa grant soon. xxx
cheers doll! That's great news about hubby's job, New year on the plane eh, now that will be different!

Send me some Karma for getting a Nintendo Wii before christmas too will you
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers doll! That's great news about hubby's job, New year on the plane eh, now that will be different!

Send me some Karma for getting a Nintendo Wii before christmas too will you
Apparently you can buy them in Aus so write an IOU
Old Nov 24th 2007, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Apparently you can buy them in Aus so write an IOU
Sounds like a plan
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Sounds like a plan
in the middle of all this chaos and you are trying to find a nintendo wii!!!! Life is never straightforward is it.... Good luck with the nintendo, for once our boys have chosen the right xmas pressy-ps3 of which there isn't a shortage!!!

Really pleased for you, Laura with the job situation.I can't believe how everything has come so right for you and in such a short space of time. We went to Sydney for a long weekend, it was fabulous-I would love to move there but doubt we could afford it and Mike has his heart set on Brisbane plus all my aus family are there so it makes sense for us to go there.( if we get a visa of course!!!).At least you don't have to think like that any more.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Babsw
in the middle of all this chaos and you are trying to find a nintendo wii!!!! Life is never straightforward is it.... Good luck with the nintendo, for once our boys have chosen the right xmas pressy-ps3 of which there isn't a shortage!!!

Really pleased for you, Laura with the job situation.I can't believe how everything has come so right for you and in such a short space of time. We went to Sydney for a long weekend, it was fabulous-I would love to move there but doubt we could afford it and Mike has his heart set on Brisbane plus all my aus family are there so it makes sense for us to go there.( if we get a visa of course!!!).At least you don't have to think like that any more.
And the best part of it is, it's not for the kids it's for my Husband
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi a quick query in between painting the fence, the hall stairs and landing, working night shifts etc ready for the move to Oz in Jan 08 ( and I thought the waiting for the visa was the hard part) I thought once we were told our visa was granted we would quickly receive the paper version but are still waiting. Do we receive a paper copy? and then go to get our passports stamped or what actually happens no one tells you about this bit. We had our visa granted via e mail 08/11/07.

Goodluck to all those still waiting.

Helen
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi Helen,

We just recieved it by email, printed it off and I took it with me to Australia House last week and had our visa's put into our passports.

Did you get the grant letter by Email?

When and where are you going in January, we fly 8th Jan to Melbourne.

Cheers,

Rob, Helen & Caitlain.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Here we GO AGAIN

Wishing all Junies GOOD LUCK

for the New week ahead!!!!!!:
blink:

AngieK
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi a quick query in between painting the fence, the hall stairs and landing, working night shifts etc ready for the move to Oz in Jan 08 ( and I thought the waiting for the visa was the hard part) I thought once we were told our visa was granted we would quickly receive the paper version but are still waiting. Do we receive a paper copy? and then go to get our passports stamped or what actually happens no one tells you about this bit. We had our visa granted via e mail 08/11/07.

Goodluck to all those still waiting.

Helen
Helen,

We only received the email which we printed and sent via special delivery to Australia House, together with a pre-paid special post envelope addressed to us and everyone's passports.

They came back within the week.

Hope this helps.

Lau x
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Silly me yes we did but for some reason thought we would also get something through post, right now for a visit to London the kids will love that.

We are going to Adelaide, me and my son will probably come to Oz a couple of weeks before my OH and the 3 girls as my son will be 18 on 18th Dec and he can look for work with me. We did look at Melbourne but Adelaide looked more family orientated and with 4 kids thought that woukd be best.

We are renting out our house so getting that ready at the moment and this week will be looking at movers to transport our stuff over and then the flights.

Also will be applying for jobs next week, getting school reports sorted, drs notes to go (immun for kids etc).

Keeps us busy and hopefully out of mischief.

Who are you flying with, I've looked at a few and they appear similar in price.

Helen
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by boothy6
Silly me yes we did but for some reason thought we would also get something through post, right now for a visit to London the kids will love that.

We are going to Adelaide, me and my son will probably come to Oz a couple of weeks before my OH and the 3 girls as my son will be 18 on 18th Dec and he can look for work with me. We did look at Melbourne but Adelaide looked more family orientated and with 4 kids thought that woukd be best.

We are renting out our house so getting that ready at the moment and this week will be looking at movers to transport our stuff over and then the flights.

Also will be applying for jobs next week, getting school reports sorted, drs notes to go (immun for kids etc).

Keeps us busy and hopefully out of mischief.

Who are you flying with, I've looked at a few and they appear similar in price.

Helen
We will probably go with Singapore Airlines....

The post way is quick and easy if you don't fancy going to the City!!! There are limited times that you can get them done in person - you will need to check this out....

Laux
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by angiek
Here we GO AGAIN

Wishing all Junies GOOD LUCK

for the New week ahead!!!!!!:
blink:

AngieK
I'LL SECOND THAT!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.