Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi all, well firstly congrats to ozplumb and woodies for their CO's. I really wish i could give something positive to add but only have bad news.

On 2/11 i sent an email to DIMMIA to find out progress of ours as we need to go on 27/12 or just after. Today I finally received a reply from them only to say ours is still awaiting a CO and that they process ALL Applications in date order of receipt!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

I have just sent another one stating that this is not true as there must be 30 if not more that applied 12/06 or up to 2 months after and they have either got CO's or visa's. Can you look into this for me, and also check that you have received my meds/PCC as these were sent the beginning of August, so there should be nothing more required! Lets just see what they have to say to that, well will have to wait another 3 weeks just to find that out!!LOL

How can they say they do them all in Date order, what a lie, we all know there are still some from May that have not even got their CO's while others that applied end of July/August have visa's! And what about all the new applicants under the new rules, have they been fast tracked or what!

Oh well, homeless in 3wks time, only accom for a few weeks and really no sign of a CO in the near future! I dont think i can bring myself to look on here again until i get some positive news to post, this just makes me more stressed and worried! Carleyx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Hi Carley,
I can make you feel better my life gets more chaotic by the day.We had a month in Oz in March and decided on Perth,My hubby has been offered job in Perth Should be brilliant! He had another interview last night and has now been offered job in Sydney!They are going to fly him out next week for another interview(lucky b......).Not only am i homeless from next week, I will also be hubbyless,visaless and dont have a clue where in Australia i'm going to be living and have 3 children that i am trying to be really positive for.So at least you know somebodys life is as hectic as yours!
We rang immigration and they were really helpful advising that officially our visa should be granted in december but could be end of November.
Good luck Jules
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hammonds
Hi Carley,
I can make you feel better my life gets more chaotic by the day.We had a month in Oz in March and decided on Perth,My hubby has been offered job in Perth Should be brilliant! He had another interview last night and has now been offered job in Sydney!They are going to fly him out next week for another interview(lucky b......).Not only am i homeless from next week, I will also be hubbyless,visaless and dont have a clue where in Australia i'm going to be living and have 3 children that i am trying to be really positive for.So at least you know somebodys life is as hectic as yours!
We rang immigration and they were really helpful advising that officially our visa should be granted in december but could be end of November.
Good luck Jules

I know what you mean about not knowing where you are living - we looked at Melbourne but now due to work might have to consider Sydney too.

Lau xx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:04 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi all, well firstly congrats to ozplumb and woodies for their CO's. I really wish i could give something positive to add but only have bad news.

On 2/11 i sent an email to DIMMIA to find out progress of ours as we need to go on 27/12 or just after. Today I finally received a reply from them only to say ours is still awaiting a CO and that they process ALL Applications in date order of receipt!!!!!!!!!!:curse:

I have just sent another one stating that this is not true as there must be 30 if not more that applied 12/06 or up to 2 months after and they have either got CO's or visa's. Can you look into this for me, and also check that you have received my meds/PCC as these were sent the beginning of August, so there should be nothing more required! Lets just see what they have to say to that, well will have to wait another 3 weeks just to find that out!!LOL

How can they say they do them all in Date order, what a lie, we all know there are still some from May that have not even got their CO's while others that applied end of July/August have visa's! And what about all the new applicants under the new rules, have they been fast tracked or what!

Oh well, homeless in 3wks time, only accom for a few weeks and really no sign of a CO in the near future! I dont think i can bring myself to look on here again until i get some positive news to post, this just makes me more stressed and worried! Carleyx
Chin up Carley, sending you lots of good karma and happy thoughts.

That's so frustrating for them to say they do it in date order there's no way they can claim that! Tosh!

As you've already submitted your meds and pcc's you never know you may just skip co and go straight to visa grant! I know the wait is frustrating but you still have time and it only takes one email to make it all better, hang on in there

We've been watching the exchange rate too, we turned down 2.45 in August in the hope that it would go up to 2.5 again and its just gone down and down since, scary when you're exchanging large amounts! Are you using a foreign exchange company? We're probably going to use HIFX.

ps congrats to ozplumb and wannabees
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

I think the best part about all of this, is at least there is somewhere you can logg onto and have a good old moan about it all, and it does help a lot!! As i read it though, i thought WOW, SYDNEY!! If i was you i would think that was good news!! Sydney is great, just too expensive for us to afford. We will be going for breaks down there all the time though to make up for it!

Well, I really hope you are ok when you have to move on your own without your hubby and you stuck with 3 kids!! That would be enough for me, let alone moving out too!! But us women can cope with anything, Cant we? I think as long as you think, yes we can cope, we will and we do!!!

So much for me not even having a peep, let alone posting again!!LOL
Hi Carley,
Good luck Jules
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Hi All

WE ARE STILL WAITING

Applied in 05.06.07 and Still nothing.

Meds been in since beginning of Oct and still WAITING

Checking my emails early morning every day yet again
this is starting to become my morning routine!!

angiek
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiek
Hi All

WE ARE STILL WAITING

Applied in 05.06.07 and Still nothing.

Meds been in since beginning of Oct and still WAITING

Checking my emails early morning every day yet again
this is starting to become my morning routine!!

angiek
Our meds arrived Sept 10th and we only got grant a week last Monday - hopefully you will hear sometime soon.

Fingers crossed for you.

L xx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reedy
Our meds arrived Sept 10th and we only got grant a week last Monday - hopefully you will hear sometime soon.

Fingers crossed for you.

L xx
Thank's Laura

It is just the waiting it's creasing me!!!!!

angiek
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Hi allJunies,
Can't help laughing when reading posts. we are all in same boat with same stresses, at least there is somewhere to vent our frustrations.It definately makes you feel better when you know you aren't on your own and who knows what friday will bringJules
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hi allJunies,
Can't help laughing when reading posts. we are all in same boat with same stresses, at least there is somewhere to vent our frustrations.It definately makes you feel better when you know you aren't on your own and who knows what friday will bringJules
nothing!! same as usual!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, me too, NOTHING!!

Well, our exchange of contracts happens today, then thats it, 14/12 for sure we will be without our home!! Got to admit, i am a bit of a risk taker, always have been, so im sure its gonna work out fine for us and everyone else!

Also got Dorree Bonner coming round this morning to tell us the cost of shipping, hadnt got time for anymore quotes and i have heard a lot of very good reports so fingers crossed they will be up to our expectations and more!

Good luck then for monday everyone!! Carley

Originally Posted by Babsw
nothing!! same as usual!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Bloody well dito here too
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good Luck for Monday everyone...

I am still keeping an eye on you guys waiting for news

Lau xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Cheers, we need all the luck in the world!!

Originally Posted by Reedy
Good Luck for Monday everyone...

I am still keeping an eye on you guys waiting for news

Lau xx
Old Nov 24th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Well have bit the bullet and just booked flights Flying out on 17 January, having a 3 night stop over in Kuala Lumpur and then on to Brisbane arriving on the 22 Jan! Also booked accommodation in Brisbane for the first 2 weeks while we try and find a rental! Just need the damned Visa now

Keri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.