Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Hammonds
Hiya carley know how you feel, our application got there on 12 th June and we have also sold house, we move out next week. my hubby is due to start work in january and the dog flies out 2nd jan so getting kinda desperate for visa. we are hoping to fly out 31st Dec but we are stuck now until visa. My furniture and dog are going to be in OZ without us! You just have to keep thinking positive and each day hope you have an e-mail. Good luckJules
Hi Jules, well im sorry that you are in the same situation too, although i was kind of hoping that there would be others like me too, you know, to make me feel a bit better!!!LOL

Well i suppose you just have to laugh about it really, its just that when family or friends bring it up daily, it really gets to you again! To also top it off though, is that back in august we noticed that the doller went to 2.57, but as we had only just put house on market, and had only just started to look at currency exchange, we were a little slow about it. When it started to decline, we thought, oh well, we've got ages yet anyway and its bound to get to that again, but little did we know it would fall to an all time low, and its set to become as low as 1.9 in 2008!!:curse: Im constantly checking that everyday now, we will be happy for around 2.4, it is slowly on the way up at the mo, it could go up a little more due to xmas spending, so we are going to wait a little longer. Fingers crossed it doesnt go down dramatically and we miss it!!
Carley
Old Nov 20th 2007, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

hello all Junies, our date was also 12th June and am frustrated but also bit pleased to see others on that date are still waiting although can't work out how people after that date have already heard!!!Am really pleased for everyone of course but it gets frustrating that there seems to be no order to who hears first. Oh well maybe we will hear soon. We've sent off pcc but am waiting for the co before doing meds.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dusta
hello all Junies, our date was also 12th June and am frustrated but also bit pleased to see others on that date are still waiting although can't work out how people after that date have already heard!!!Am really pleased for everyone of course but it gets frustrating that there seems to be no order to who hears first. Oh well maybe we will hear soon. We've sent off pcc but am waiting for the co before doing meds.
same as us, there are five of us for medicals and we don't want to shell out for meds if we get turned down at co stage for some reason. I hate to say it but it is good to know other people are in same boat as us and waiting the same. After a while you become a bit obsessed thinking it's just you so good to know others are still waiting. I used to think it was coz we put on visa app. that we wont be moving till June 08 but others have co who are moving similar time so not that.Its hard not to worry but not much else you can do. I think this is the worst waiting bit.Lets hope we hear this week or soon any way( tomorrow morning would be good!!!!).All best to all waiting,Babs
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Babsw
same as us, there are five of us for medicals and we don't want to shell out for meds if we get turned down at co stage for some reason. I hate to say it but it is good to know other people are in same boat as us and waiting the same. After a while you become a bit obsessed thinking it's just you so good to know others are still waiting. I used to think it was coz we put on visa app. that we wont be moving till June 08 but others have co who are moving similar time so not that.Its hard not to worry but not much else you can do. I think this is the worst waiting bit.Lets hope we hear this week or soon any way( tomorrow morning would be good!!!!).All best to all waiting,Babs
Hi y'all. We have our meds booked for next Monday (we waited because we didn't want our 138 to complete before Jan 08), and we will then get our police checks once we move out on 30 Nov (to rented). Cos we have kids we also don't intend moving until Jul/Aug 08. I know it is a gamble but at least we'll have the money from the house sale if it all goes wrong, and the rest just gets stuck back into another property

We're one of a few who have applied for a 138, and as these seem to take longer we aren't too stressed at the mo (about moving in a week yes, but not about the visa, just yet).

Good luck to our fellow junies who are still waiting patiently for a co, and I hope they all come soon

Rich
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Hiya Dusta,
I reckon all our 12 th June applications were put on a pile and forgotten about but have now been pushed forward and we are going to hear this week!! wishful thinking i knowJules
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hammonds
Hiya Dusta,
I reckon all our 12 th June applications were put on a pile and forgotten about but have now been pushed forward and we are going to hear this week!! wishful thinking i knowJules
I really hope you're right Jules! Can't concentrate on anything this wait completely over rules your life. Even down to what presents to buy the kids for xmas I'm assessing whether they can be shipped or flown to Oz!!!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

I really hope you're right Jules! Can't concentrate on anything this wait completely over rules your life. Even down to what presents to buy the kids for xmas I'm assessing whether they can be shipped or flown to Oz!!!
I know the feeling my son wants a bike that is £350! and cos he really is in to it and his other one is at the repair shop every week Im getting him it for Xmas but goodness knows how much it will cost to send!!!!

Im so fed up waiting!!! Feel in limbo!! Although we are not planning on going till next June would rather have them now so we can make def plans!!!!

Hope we all get good news soon

Michelle
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I am really struggling for Xmas as we are not taking a container

New laptop, some games for PSP, DS etc and lots of IOU notes are called for I think....

Lau xx
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Glad i'm not the only one thinking along those lines, beginning to think i'm suffering from emigration syndrome as it is all my life revoves around even relaxing in front of the tv i can find something to set me off. lets hope new tear and loads of junie visas.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Sending you all some positive karma for visa grants this week

Lau xxxxx
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all our application was sent on the 12th june and we............. Got our case officer today!!!!!
Good luck everyone, heres to the next stage......now were did i put those P60's
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Hi all our application was sent on the 12th june and we............. Got our case officer today!!!!!

Congratulations....

L xx
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozplumb
Oh thank God, maybe you are setting off a splurge of co now! Congratulations as well!!!! Its driving us mad waiting coz we've our eldest son applying for uni here as well as aus, feel so sorry for him, just thankful he really wants to go or could you imagine it.....
Hope we all get some news now!!!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by Babsw
Oh thank God, maybe you are setting off a splurge of co now! Congratulations as well!!!! Its driving us mad waiting coz we've our eldest son applying for uni here as well as aus, feel so sorry for him, just thankful he really wants to go or could you imagine it.....
Hope we all get some news now!!!
hiya Junies!! we also got CO - yesterday! application received 15 june! good luck everyone wiating shouldnt be long! we have holiday to Oz booked 14 dec,was hoping, but unlikely to activate then as some of you know we have MEGGA problems regarding OH kids meds even tho they are non migrating apps. So unlikely to have it sorted this side of 2050!!!! good luck all. watching your posts!!!! XX
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cracking news ozplumb and wannabees!!! keep them coming!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.