Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:14 pm
  #496  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Well the news is...there is no news!

Hands up who has been reading the September 07 thread and going a very envious green colour?

I'm glad to see that you haven't all been abducted by aliens. I was starting to think that I had missed something and that you were all sitting on Bondi Beach laughing at me being stuck in Blighty......

Sept apps have to send their meds in by post to the LCU like us so they will be held up there with ours I am sure........

There is a 6 week wait in the LCU now I believe.... At least I am hoping this is true cos then my meds should be cleared at end of Oct.

Had 3 viewings booked on our house today - only one turned up again.... What a pain... Never mind they seemed to like the house so will have to wait to hear - this is the best part though he has dual citizenship i.e. Aussie / Pom and has just moved back from Melbourne after living there with his wife for the past 2 years. Got to be an omen I say - especially as we are looking to go to Melbourne - he just said that we should've done a house swap



Lau x
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:21 pm
  #497  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by woodys
Was starting to wonder myself!We are waiting for our Full Ack!Its been 13 wks now (not that im counting!)but its driving me potty waiting,tried not to check emails too often but that idea went out of the window after a day! pre ack was 28th June:curse:
You should get it any day now - my application was received 19th of June and I got mine last Tuesday.

I know how it is with checking emails - I was demented when waiting for mine. The funny thing is it came on a day when I didn't check my emails as soon as I woke up

I have a respite for a while - I am not expecting to hear anything now until the end of Oct / beginning of November so am back to sporadic checking of emails - missed 2 yesterday from close friends.....

Check out the Arcade if you haven't been on there yet - I was playing tetris whilst waiting for my ack........ Sad I know.

I have also started using my karma to have a flutter on the stock market but no Junies seem to send Karma - I have lost £££'s on karma fun so it's a good thing it's not real money I'm playing with.

Will send you and Claire some Karma so you can check it out.

Catch up with you all soon,

Laura
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:25 pm
  #498  
Forum Regular
 
boothy6's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Greenwith, Adelaide
Posts: 105
boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Well the news is...there is no news!

Hands up who has been reading the September 07 thread and going a very envious green colour?
I wish you hadn't metioned the Sept spreadsheet as now I have looked I'm really p****d off the 175 is the new version of the 136 modl isn't it or have I lost the plot again? prehaps we should have all done the 175 after all as they seem to be having their ack and CO and we are still waiting for the full ack!!

Sorry thats the moan for the day, I've had to take a nursing job working nights which I had hoped I wouldn't be in for Xmas as I used to teach in the NHS so had every xmas and new year off but now it looks like I will be working one or the other if they don't pull their fingers out with the visas:curse: I wanted to be packing to go to Adelaide in Dec.

Helen
boothy6 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:36 pm
  #499  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by boothy6
I wish you hadn't metioned the Sept spreadsheet as now I have looked I'm really p****d off the 175 is the new version of the 136 modl isn't it or have I lost the plot again? prehaps we should have all done the 175 after all as they seem to be having their ack and CO and we are still waiting for the full ack!!

Sorry thats the moan for the day, I've had to take a nursing job working nights which I had hoped I wouldn't be in for Xmas as I used to teach in the NHS so had every xmas and new year off but now it looks like I will be working one or the other if they don't pull their fingers out with the visas:curse: I wanted to be packing to go to Adelaide in Dec.

Helen
Helen,

I wanted to go in November but am thinking that now it will be more like Dec - I have even looked at flights Xmas day they go from Heathrow at 10:10pm so we could do the Xmas thing with the family, say goodbye and be in Melbourne in time for the New Year.

If we decide not to do a stopover then we will change planes in Singapore and arrive in Melbourne at 07:10 (21 hours travel).

I can't believe it is only 12 1/2 weeks to Christmas

Lau
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:56 am
  #500  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Peregian/Noosa, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 128
The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

HI all junies, I know im jumping the gun a little and am sorry if your reading this and have yet to have your acknowlegement, but im wondering how long the CO's are taking now?

I received my acknowlegement on 3/09/07, my lodgement date is 12/06/07. We have just sold house again, although last one fell through, this one seems to be going well, they want to move in ASAP though. As they have offered the asking price we dont want to loose them by not completing as early as they want. We were going to push it out to the end of Nov. We dont want to go in rented but could stay at inlaws for few weeks at a push, LOL.

I am hoping we get the CO in next 2 wks, already done meds/pcc so do you think we should get visa's around end Nov/Dec?
Carley
The Bournes is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:11 am
  #501  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: coventry
Posts: 54
moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi I'm new to this site.......i've been reading about all you lucky so and so's who have already had their acks and was wondering if i could join in?
we applied June on a 136 modl and havent heard ny thing the agent said it was received on the 19th so should be hearing something soon, i did read that should be hopefully acknowledging applications received then so fingers crossed.........just needed some reassurance really
moores is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:32 am
  #502  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by The Bournes
HI all junies, I know im jumping the gun a little and am sorry if your reading this and have yet to have your acknowlegement, but im wondering how long the CO's are taking now?

I received my acknowlegement on 3/09/07, my lodgement date is 12/06/07. We have just sold house again, although last one fell through, this one seems to be going well, they want to move in ASAP though. As they have offered the asking price we dont want to loose them by not completing as early as they want. We were going to push it out to the end of Nov. We dont want to go in rented but could stay at inlaws for few weeks at a push, LOL.

I am hoping we get the CO in next 2 wks, already done meds/pcc so do you think we should get visa's around end Nov/Dec?
Carley

Carley,

Timelines are so difficult to predict at the moment. I have read various threads where agents are anticipating 5 months from ack before CO is allocated

I have also frontloaded and hope that I have provided sufficient info for it to go straight to decision.

When did your medicals arrive in the LCU? Apparently they are taking 6 weeks to process now which is def an improvement

Keep us updated on any progress.


Laura
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:35 am
  #503  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by moores
Hi I'm new to this site.......i've been reading about all you lucky so and so's who have already had their acks and was wondering if i could join in?
we applied June on a 136 modl and havent heard ny thing the agent said it was received on the 19th so should be hearing something soon, i did read that should be hopefully acknowledging applications received then so fingers crossed.........just needed some reassurance really
According to my pre-ack my application also arrived on 19th and is a 136 modl. I recieved the full acknowledgement last Tuesday (18th) and so you should hopefully hear something soon.

If you don't hear soon get your agent to contact ASPC.

Laura
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:48 am
  #504  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: coventry
Posts: 54
moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Reedy
According to my pre-ack my application also arrived on 19th and is a 136 modl. I recieved the full acknowledgement last Tuesday (18th) and so you should hopefully hear something soon.

If you don't hear soon get your agent to contact ASPC.

Laura
thanks ..........fingers crossed
moores is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:01 am
  #505  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Lowestoft
Posts: 24
Hammonds will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by The Bournes
HI all junies, I know im jumping the gun a little and am sorry if your reading this and have yet to have your acknowlegement, but im wondering how long the CO's are taking now?

I received my acknowlegement on 3/09/07, my lodgement date is 12/06/07. We have just sold house again, although last one fell through, this one seems to be going well, they want to move in ASAP though. As they have offered the asking price we dont want to loose them by not completing as early as they want. We were going to push it out to the end of Nov. We dont want to go in rented but could stay at inlaws for few weeks at a push, LOL.

I am hoping we get the CO in next 2 wks, already done meds/pcc so do you think we should get visa's around end Nov/Dec?
Carley
Hi,
Our application was lodged on 12/06/07 and we recieved acknowledgement on 4/09/07 and i am desperately hoping we will get Co in the next couple of weeks . We also frontloaded medicals which arrived in Sydney on 9/08/07 and looking at latest timelines should be cleared in the next couple of weeks. I was hoping we would be allocated Co and then visa not long after. We have just sold house and now have no idea what to do next ? Fingers crossed We start getting Case officers soon Jules
Hammonds is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:45 am
  #506  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by sinurt
Well I am one of the few who sent a paper form in and I just received word from my agent today that he received the acknowledgement letter and reference code - he originally told me this would take 4-8 weeks to be received so he was very shocked. But hopefully thats a good sign anyway i only sent the stuff off on the 20/09.

Sinead
Just copied the above from the Sept threads - so not fair on June / July and Aug applicants still waiting for ack's..
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:50 am
  #507  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: coventry
Posts: 54
moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

:
Originally Posted by Reedy
Just copied the above from the Sept threads - so not fair on June / July and Aug applicants still waiting for ack's..
:curse:...........boohoo I feel like crying
moores is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:52 am
  #508  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by moores
:

:curse:...........boohoo I feel like crying
There's not much we can do but it does seem so unfair....
Reedy is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2007, 4:29 am
  #509  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Peregian/Noosa, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 128
The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Hammonds
Hi,
Our application was lodged on 12/06/07 and we recieved acknowledgement on 4/09/07 and i am desperately hoping we will get Co in the next couple of weeks . We also frontloaded medicals which arrived in Sydney on 9/08/07 and looking at latest timelines should be cleared in the next couple of weeks. I was hoping we would be allocated Co and then visa not long after. We have just sold house and now have no idea what to do next ? Fingers crossed We start getting Case officers soon Jules
Glad someone else is doing the same as us! I think we are maybe a little bit mad to try and go asap, its proberley better to get visa's then sell the house, but like you we are desperate to get there quickly!! Dont know if you are trying to push a little to get there before xmas, but ive checked some of the flights out in Dec and they are selling out fast! There are none left at all now with emirates except for Business class. They do still have some with singapore and Qantas but for how long? The other thing im worrying about is accom. for when we get there, we would want to get into holiday accom first for 3-4 wks but we cant book anything until we get the visa's, and again this might be too late as everything gets booked out for xmas in Oz. It wouldnt be too bad if it was just the 2 of us, we could go in a hostel, but got 2 young kids so cant do that! Oh the stress of it all! Im sure when we get there surrounded by the best beaches/bush/rainforests ever, we will be glad we put ourselves through it all!LOL
The Bournes is offline  
Old Sep 29th 2007, 6:27 am
  #510  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Glad someone else is doing the same as us! I think we are maybe a little bit mad to try and go asap, its proberley better to get visa's then sell the house, but like you we are desperate to get there quickly!! Dont know if you are trying to push a little to get there before xmas, but ive checked some of the flights out in Dec and they are selling out fast! There are none left at all now with emirates except for Business class. They do still have some with singapore and Qantas but for how long? The other thing im worrying about is accom. for when we get there, we would want to get into holiday accom first for 3-4 wks but we cant book anything until we get the visa's, and again this might be too late as everything gets booked out for xmas in Oz. It wouldnt be too bad if it was just the 2 of us, we could go in a hostel, but got 2 young kids so cant do that! Oh the stress of it all! Im sure when we get there surrounded by the best beaches/bush/rainforests ever, we will be glad we put ourselves through it all!LOL
We initially wanted to be over by Xmas too...... I guess we can't make a decision until we get the Visa.

I don't know where you are looking at going but someone has recommended the quest serviced apartments to me for accomodation for the first few weeks as they have one in Sanctuary Lakes which is where I am hoping to go. I have attached the link if any of you are interested, they have accomodation in over 100 locations apparently.

http://www.questapartments.com.au/


It would be so nice if one of us hears by the end of the month. We have also frontloaded meds but due to GP's holidays they didn't arrive until 10th Sept so I am not expecting to hear for another 6 weeks or so.

Laura
Reedy is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.