Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: June 07 visa applicants

Well hello all! We haven't been on for ages - desperately been trying to be occupied with other things as thinking makes me impatient!!! It's so good to hear that most of us Junies have had formal acknowledgement - we sent application 1st June so surely should be our turn soon?!! Hopefully we will be posting a more intersting message soon!!

Ange and Chris x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Received a letter this morning to say that my meds were sent on 06.09 and have tracked using UPS online and they arrived in Sydney yesterday, were signed for by Kirsty and so hopefully now are at the bottom of the queue. Have seen some negative comments about Handsworth Wood but they were brilliant with us!

Also saw a post on here from Alan Collett who advised that today he has received acknowledgements for visas received on 15th June (Fri) mine were received on 19th (Tues) and so hopefully I will hear something on Thursday! Was starting to panic but this news has had a calming effect. I would love to say that I won't be up early tomorrow checking email - but have never been a good liar.

Is it true that the latest acks are coming with information stating that it will be 3 months until a CO is assigned?Bang goes my plans of being in Melbourne ready to start the New Year!!!!!

Hopefully posting with some more good news soon.

Reedy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Reedy can I ask, were you requested to do medicals or have you just gone ahead? We have recieved acknowledgment my police checks have been returned today with an error on my partners name (but thats another story) and am in two minds whether to go ahead and arrange medicals for us all. Don't want to tempt fate as it's alot of money to lose. We will also be using handsworth wood as we are in Birmingham, glad you found them ok, I like the fact that they do everything on site and send it all off themselves giving us less responsibility for them.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

3 MONTHS Oh don't say that, I was supposed to start my job in November No chance of that now then!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dusta
Reedy can I ask, were you requested to do medicals or have you just gone ahead? We have recieved acknowledgment my police checks have been returned today with an error on my partners name (but thats another story) and am in two minds whether to go ahead and arrange medicals for us all. Don't want to tempt fate as it's alot of money to lose. We will also be using handsworth wood as we are in Birmingham, glad you found them ok, I like the fact that they do everything on site and send it all off themselves giving us less responsibility for them.
Have frontloaded as yet to get an ack! We had meds done on Aug 15th...

Handsworth Wood also use UPS to courier and send you a letter with the ref no so you can check online - hence I know that ours arrived yesterday.

Am taking a risk with meds but hope to hear within the year and sent for PCC in July so will have to validate by then anyhow.

Also there is a delay in the LCU so if we wait 3 months to be assigned case officer and then another 3 months for meds to clear it will be March 08 before we hear

Laura
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kerikerr
3 MONTHS Oh don't say that, I was supposed to start my job in November No chance of that now then!
If you are going on a 457 they may prioritise???
Old Sep 10th 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Reedy
If you are going on a 457 they may prioritise???
No it's a 136!!!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No it's a 136!!!
Did you put about the job offer on the application? Perhaps they will prioritise because of this?

Hopefully someone who has recently received an ack will put us out of our misery by confirming / denying that they are quoting 3 months! I panicked too as I want to be out there November preferably and definitely before start of new school year....

Maybe they will speed up the process to get rid of us paperbased applicants

Laura
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reedy
Did you put about the job offer on the application? Perhaps they will prioritise because of this?

Hopefully someone who has recently received an ack will put us out of our misery by confirming / denying that they are quoting 3 months! I panicked too as I want to be out there November preferably and definitely before start of new school year....

Maybe they will speed up the process to get rid of us paperbased applicants

Laura
Yes I get an extra 5 points for having a job offer but I doubt that will make a difference! We too want to be out for the start of the new school year but again the likelihood of that seems to be fading too..............
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

I've just read my acknowledgment letter AGAIN and although it does say our case may experience a delay in allocation of a case officer due to the high demand of applications recieved I can't see where it says it's a 3 month wait! It does however, say that if health and character checks (I assume this is meds an pcc's) are completed by time of allocation of case officer then visa can be granted at this time. This is really pushing me into going ahead and having medicals done before waiting for allocation of case officer.(still wary tho!!!)
Old Sep 11th 2007, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dusta
I've just read my acknowledgment letter AGAIN and although it does say our case may experience a delay in allocation of a case officer due to the high demand of applications recieved I can't see where it says it's a 3 month wait! It does however, say that if health and character checks (I assume this is meds an pcc's) are completed by time of allocation of case officer then visa can be granted at this time. This is really pushing me into going ahead and having medicals done before waiting for allocation of case officer.(still wary tho!!!)
We've frontloaded meds and PCC as there is a 10-12 weeks delay in getting them processed it will speed things up by a few months, so I'd take the chance and get them done.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:28 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Thanks all for the support I am trying not to worry and had been doing sooo well until this week!! I guess my worry stems from the fact that we never received pre-ack so worried about something being wrong, but hopefully its just my paranoia! Its so weird how there doesn't seem to be any order to these things i.e. why some Mayies haven't heard but some Julyies have!

Anyways I will be aviding checking emails everyday now! We plan on booking our meds as soon file ref received given the LCU backlog, I figure as long as you have file ref no on them they shouldn't go missing maybe!

We were also hoping to have our visas by Christmas but is increasingly looking less likely doesn't it, maybe they should put immigration case officers and administrators on the MODL list!

Good luck to all and thanks again for all the support
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surely not 3 month wait for CO?!!! We haven't even been acknowledged yet!!!

Considering having meds and police checks now, but have no idea who to use - is this information on the DICA website? How long do you typically have to wait for an app?

Ange x
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We've frontloaded meds and PCC as there is a 10-12 weeks delay in getting them processed it will speed things up by a few months, so I'd take the chance and get them done.
We have done the same - some of the May applicants that have done this have already had visa grants! Whereas some of the April applicants are only getting meds done now so meds will have to go in backlog at LCU.

For family of 5 our medicals including xrays were approx £700 in Handsworth Wood which is really good... If I have to redo them then I will - although I don't think I will be able to cope if I am still waiting to hear next August!

Laura
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Thanks all for the support I am trying not to worry and had been doing sooo well until this week!! I guess my worry stems from the fact that we never received pre-ack so worried about something being wrong, but hopefully its just my paranoia! Its so weird how there doesn't seem to be any order to these things i.e. why some Mayies haven't heard but some Julyies have!

Anyways I will be aviding checking emails everyday now! We plan on booking our meds as soon file ref received given the LCU backlog, I figure as long as you have file ref no on them they shouldn't go missing maybe!

We were also hoping to have our visas by Christmas but is increasingly looking less likely doesn't it, maybe they should put immigration case officers and administrators on the MODL list!

Good luck to all and thanks again for all the support

I wasn't asked for file ref no when doing meds as they make you put Passport Number on every page of the med form and link them up using this!

I didn't even see a space for the file ref no - although you def need this to send the PCC electronically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.