Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

I too am trying to be patient, but that hasn't stopped me checking my email obsessively, sending off for the weekly bulletin from ASPC (which at least now is admitting that there is a 12 week lag between pre-ack and ack, not the six they'd like to think)...and even sadder, not only do I check this here June thread, but also the March, April and July ones! And I get mad if anyone on the July list sounds further forward than us!

It is in fact sending me insane :curse:

Like others, I just want to know that I filled everything out correctly and the application is valid. I can bear the wait for a CO just as long as I know that one day I will get one - at the moment every day I am checking the post in dread that they have sent my application back with REJECTED in red all over it

I need to get a life. But then again, that's why I'm applying for the visa!

hang on in there Junies

Claire
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClaireM
I too am trying to be patient, but that hasn't stopped me checking my email obsessively, sending off for the weekly bulletin from ASPC (which at least now is admitting that there is a 12 week lag between pre-ack and ack, not the six they'd like to think)...and even sadder, not only do I check this here June thread, but also the March, April and July ones! And I get mad if anyone on the July list sounds further forward than us!

It is in fact sending me insane :curse:

Like others, I just want to know that I filled everything out correctly and the application is valid. I can bear the wait for a CO just as long as I know that one day I will get one - at the moment every day I am checking the post in dread that they have sent my application back with REJECTED in red all over it

I need to get a life. But then again, that's why I'm applying for the visa!

hang on in there Junies

Claire
blimey.... well said...sounds very familiar
keep hangin Claire

Danny
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Piece of useless trivia for you:

Have been intrigued what POM actually stands for

PRISIONER OF THE MOTHERLAND!!!!!!

Apparently we have to sit a test for citizenship 12 questions out of 200 doubt this will be one of them but thought someone else like me might be interested!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:05 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reedy

PRISIONER OF THE MOTHERLAND!!!!!!
is that right? Bloody well feels like it!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
is that right? Bloody well feels like it!
Honest would I lie to you???
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Question Re: June 07 visa applicants

Babs,

I'm so bad my husband is getting ratty as I am paying more attention to the laptop than him

If it takes too much longer he might divorce me and then the application will be void anyhow

I also look on britvics (as I want to go to Melbourne) and poms in oz.

I need to get a hobby / or a life

Lau x
Relieved to know I'm not the only one, I also go on adelaide brits and brisbane brits. Now you 've done it tho', hadn't heard of britvics or poms in oz!
Fresh sites to try out!!!!
Thanks for the info but seriously its a bit of a comfort to know we are all going mental together.I wonder how many of us are alcoholics before we get to Aus or is that the real reason for the meds? Babs
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Babsw
Relieved to know I'm not the only one, I also go on adelaide brits and brisbane brits. Now you 've done it tho', hadn't heard of britvics or poms in oz!
Fresh sites to try out!!!!
Thanks for the info but seriously its a bit of a comfort to know we are all going mental together.I wonder how many of us are alcoholics before we get to Aus or is that the real reason for the meds? Babs
Babs,

I have already done my meds so don't need to worry!

Missed a call from the surgery today though and when I called back all I got was answerphone! I am hoping that they will send our meds off tomorrow. Then I should hear in about 12 weeks.

Laura
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Babs,

I have already done my meds so don't need to worry!

Missed a call from the surgery today though and when I called back all I got was answerphone! I am hoping that they will send our meds off tomorrow. Then I should hear in about 12 weeks.

Laura
we haven't done our meds yet, there didn't seem any point coz we can't go till summer 2008 anyway and by time we get to being sent for meds we should be home and dry and am also hoping big delays of present might be over by then or at least slowing down but i'm bit bothered bout police checks, didn't realise we only had 28 days to get them back to CO and I read they can take up to 40 days so not sure bout that one but will ask agent.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

only 2 and half hours till adelaide processing centres open again for business.How long till we spend all night on line checking emails? I really think i need to get full time work for my sanity
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Dusta,

Congrats....

You must be so relieved. I want the ack to know that the application is valid - piece of mind more than anything else.

Have you frontloaded your meds and PCC? Some of the July applicants have already had their meds done - with us all frontloading no wonder there are delays in the LCU....

I will be watching for when you get a CO! Are you on a 136 MODL?

Back to waiting for me, you got your pre-ack 8 days before me so hopefully next week!

Laura xx
Hi Laura just had chance to answer your post, I haven't frontloaded my pcc or meds but have sent off for my pccs mid august. I was bit wary of having meds done until I knew my application was valid. I haven't used an agent and filled the forms myself so was good to hear I've filled them out correctly. I am on skilled 136 MODL a nurse with my OH and kids (7,5) heading to perth,I think it's going to Feb time according to the timelines but am willing to be proved wrong.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

AT LAST..............................ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND FILE REF NUMBER

12weeks and 1 day from application received at DIAC..............

Roll on the CO's, will be having a wee glass of vino tonight, bugger weightwatchers!!!!!

Keri
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kerikerr

Roll on the CO's, will be having a wee glass of vino tonight, bugger weightwatchers!!!!!

Keri
Congratulations, well done. We're on a roll now us junies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep em comin I say, and roll on those CO's!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kerikerr

Keri
Congrats Keri...! I say bugger a wee glass as well as weight-watchers.... Go for bottle at least

If you're anything like me the worry during the wait should have shifted a few pounds

Rich
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Congrats Keri...! I say bugger a wee glass as well as weight-watchers.... Go for bottle at least

If you're anything like me the worry during the wait should have shifted a few pounds

Rich
Cheers!! Work in the morning but I'll make up for it at the weekend!::
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: June 07 visa applicants

Finally!!!!! Received acknowledgment e-mail today!!!!
At last things are moving.
Good luck everyone... their on there way.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.