Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

here we go, another new week and Bank Hol finished here in UK so back to scanning emails every day, just been looking at May's applicants and they all seem to be moving like mad, full acks and c.o. with every posting!! Thing is, we are all next so fingers crossed for us all!!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

gillndavie is an unknown quantity at this point

Its getting to be addictive checking the e-mails every day, I had to check them as soon as I got in, to heck with the dinner, poor kids & OH. Thankfully it was good news a full acknowledgement. Our application was received on the 4/6/07 if that is any help to anyone. We had put in a 137 STNI but ticked the 136 MODL box as well (moment of madness) and they have taken it instead. Guess we won't need to stick to the one area. Now its back to checking daily for the C.O. I guess
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I want to be acknowledged too! From the timescales it looks as though I have another 15 days to wait - I am starting to go mad!

Had meds on 15th Aug and had to get additional info from my GP for me, I took the request to the surgery that day! Phoned the surgery on Friday and the Dr hadn't even looked at the request - hopefully will have sorted today as the Clinic are sending off a batch of meds with the courier next Weds!

Had a viewing on our house yesterday (it is stupid O'clock so I guess it was yesterday! Though I haven't slept yet!!!!). Was really positive viewing - the £5k cashback on completion deal might just help...... Viewers have said that they will contact Estate Agents in morning so keep your fingers crossed for us!

Am going to go back and lie on the bed and think about waiting again 'cos I can't get to sleep!!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:50 am
Just Joined

adamsml is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am new to Expats although have spent many an hour reading all the info. We sent off our visa application on 22nd June. Hoping to go September 08. Looking at the processing times though we wonder whether we are being a bit hopeful. OH is a plasterer and we are planning to move to Adelaide. Visited there in December last year and loved it.

Michelle
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:18 am
Just Joined

KatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I am also new to expats. Our application was received in aus on the 28th June 2007. Hubby is a motor mechanic and we hope to move to Adelaide soon where we have family, with our children. Our eldest child has had ADHD disagnosed at the age of 5 and has been on medication until July this year at the age of 14 (he has always attended mainstream school and is a very bright and capable student). We were not aware that this would be a problem until filling out our application form. Our agent has said it could prevent us getting a visa so we are of course very anxious. Does anybody know whether we should be unduly worried or not?

KatieJay
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:29 am
Just Joined

ScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really nice

Originally Posted by KatieJay
Hi, I am also new to expats. Our application was received in aus on the 28th June 2007. Hubby is a motor mechanic and we hope to move to Adelaide soon where we have family, with our children. Our eldest child has had ADHD disagnosed at the age of 5 and has been on medication until July this year at the age of 14 (he has always attended mainstream school and is a very bright and capable student). We were not aware that this would be a problem until filling out our application form. Our agent has said it could prevent us getting a visa so we are of course very anxious. Does anybody know whether we should be unduly worried or not?

KatieJay
Have you posted this question in the main section of the boards KatieJay? I had a similar question about our medicals and a couple of people replied with positive experiences. ADHD isn't uncommon is it...surely someone has been through it. Good luck.

We were aiming at November timeframe for getting visa's through but am getting confused with all the dates, etc. Does anyone know how long you have to validate your visa from date of issue?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

HI everyone, still no acknowlegement (12/06 lodged), but still got excellent news, we put house on internet last Tue, in paper the Thur, fre we had 2 viewings and by 9.10am Sat morning we had an offer that was the asking price so accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thu mbsup:

Still cant believe it, just hope it all goes smoothly and they dont drop out, they've already sold to first timers so no long chain.

Just worried now about getting the visa and when it will be!! We told them we were looking at leaving house Nov, hope this is realistic, cant really say any longer as they might not want to wait! Im sure we should be due acknowlegement next week, then if we have another 6 wks for case officer, then another 4-6 wks (already front loaded ppc/meds), it should work out fine. Fingers crossed! Cant believe we could be there for xmas now!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KatieJay

KatieJay
when we lived in Adelaide we made friends with a family whose son had ADHD and they'd migrated from UK in 2005 and it hadn't stopped their visa in any way.Perhaps your agent is just being cautious in case of really severe ADHD.i don't think any good agent would want to say ' no problem' if there was a chance there could be but your child doesn't sound as serious as my friend's son is.I'm sorry I can't give you more info but i just wanted you to know children with this condition are accepted so try not to worry too much!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

KatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the roughKatieJay is a jewel in the rough

Babws

Thanks for reply. I am trying to feel positive but the waiting gives you more time to worry about things that you have already worn out with worrying!!

KatieJay
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Scraphappy

Thanks, i'll do that.

KatieJay
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Thought that you would be interested to see this post taken from the July 07 thread:

Not sure about anyone else, but we applied for 136 MODL on July 16th, and received a full acknowledgement with File Reference number on August 24th. Maybe they are reducing the backlog by skipping the pre-ack stage and going straight to full acknowledgment.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

adamsml is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have noticed that a lot of you have already put your houses up for sale! We were planning to wait until we are definately excepted - it seems like you are tempting fate if you don't. I was under the impression that until you get medical all clear then nothing is certain.

Michelle
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by adamsml
Hi

I have noticed that a lot of you have already put your houses up for sale! We were planning to wait until we are definately excepted - it seems like you are tempting fate if you don't. I was under the impression that until you get medical all clear then nothing is certain.

Michelle

Michelle,

We have put our house on the market as we live in an area 10 miles from where the children currently go to school - if we don't get our visas then we will move anyhow!

Not sure about anyone else's motivation. Also I would like to be in Oz by Jan 30th beginning of school term in Vic!

We have had an offer of the full asking price for our house today and there is only us, our buyer and their buyer in the chain so hopefully will move quite quickly.

We have already had our medicals and everyone except me was a predicted A, I was a predicted B but was expecting as I have diabetes and hypertension which are both controlled by medication. I have had to get additional info from my GP but both conditions are mild and uncomplicated so I am staying positive.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reedy
Thought that you would be interested to see this post taken from the July 07 thread:

Not sure about anyone else, but we applied for 136 MODL on July 16th, and received a full acknowledgement with File Reference number on August 24th. Maybe they are reducing the backlog by skipping the pre-ack stage and going straight to full acknowledgment.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

This can never be right, so many are still waiting for their full acknowledgement from April onwards.:curse: Don't get me wrong I am pleased for them but very frustrated.

Helen
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by boothy6
This can never be right, so many are still waiting for their full acknowledgement from April onwards.:curse: Don't get me wrong I am pleased for them but very frustrated.

Helen
Me too!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.