Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Reedy
I didn't write statements about our relationship either! Just sent mortgage documents for our last 3 homes together and bank statements. I would have thought that these together with the fact that we have been married for 13 years and have 3 children together should suffice.

Form 80 needs to be completed for all people over 18. I am also going on my husbands application.

I sent a bankers draft organised through Barclays and it was no hassle.

Hope this helps

Laura
Hi

even tho they ask for my details on form 80 i still need to fill one in? bit daft aint it. all this form filling is melting my brain!! fancy a wine but daren't have one till its done.

Thanks for help.
Claire
x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

ScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really nice

HI there, can I jump on board this thread please? I have only just found this forum and we have had acknowledgement of out payment taken for our visa on the 22/06/07 so presuming that's our date of application. I will go back and read the previous 19 pages, but in the meantime, have any of you progressed yet since submitting docs in June?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

sfreq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ScrapHappy
HI there, can I jump on board this thread please? I have only just found this forum and we have had acknowledgement of out payment taken for our visa on the 22/06/07 so presuming that's our date of application. I will go back and read the previous 19 pages, but in the meantime, have any of you progressed yet since submitting docs in June?
Hi. I believe you have received a file no. as well in that case? When was your application received by DIAC? I'm assuming around a week before the payment was taken?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

My wife got her visa on the 15 June, so I guess that counts as progress
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
Hi

even tho they ask for my details on form 80 i still need to fill one in? bit daft aint it. all this form filling is melting my brain!! fancy a wine but daren't have one till its done.

Thanks for help.
Claire
x
Claire,

Quite a lot of the information that we have to give is repetitive but if we get one of the elusive visa stamps in our passport it will all have been worthwhile!!!!!

Looks like we will all have to keep each other sane for the wait - It looks like we could be looking at Nov / Dec for 136 MODL decisions now!

Am still checking my emails every morning!

Have the wine and console yourself that it is purely for medicinal purposes!

Laura
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Reedy
Claire,

Quite a lot of the information that we have to give is repetitive but if we get one of the elusive visa stamps in our passport it will all have been worthwhile!!!!!

Looks like we will all have to keep each other sane for the wait - It looks like we could be looking at Nov / Dec for 136 MODL decisions now!

Am still checking my emails every morning!

Have the wine and console yourself that it is purely for medicinal purposes!

Laura
Thanks laura,

i'll get another form 80 printed and get it filled in. is a bankers draft the same as an international money?? goin to get it sorted today if i can get to the bank, dentist first...arghhh.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this form filling, can't wait to post it, who did u use to mail? used PO for the tra but you can't track it ince it has left the uk so was thinkin gof using someone diff for the visa.
You know applying for the visa, would u say its more of a formality than anything as so many people sell up etc before its been granted, i would be worried about getting rid of everything and then not getting visa, anyone alse think that??

anyways thanks for all your info laura, keep in touch.

claire
x
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

hi, we submitted our application around 8 June and had our money taken around 20 june but have heard nothing since but i think this is normal. We are on a 136 modl. Some people have received visas and some have case officers and file nos. but i think the majority are like us. its just a long waiting game and i believe it could be a bit longer at the mo' coz of the new visa changes coming in and lots of people rushing to get appl. in before sept.
babs.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flump
Thanks laura,

i'll get another form 80 printed and get it filled in. is a bankers draft the same as an international money?? goin to get it sorted today if i can get to the bank, dentist first...arghhh.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this form filling, can't wait to post it, who did u use to mail? used PO for the tra but you can't track it ince it has left the uk so was thinkin gof using someone diff for the visa.
You know applying for the visa, would u say its more of a formality than anything as so many people sell up etc before its been granted, i would be worried about getting rid of everything and then not getting visa, anyone alse think that??

anyways thanks for all your info laura, keep in touch.

claire
x

Claire,

I used Royal Mail International to send Visa - sent on 11th June and they received on 18th - which I didn't think was too bad! Didn't use courier as like you had no problems with Royal Mail for TRA and it was £40 cheaper.....
I have our house on the market - we did sell but buyer pulled out after 12 weeks:curse: am hoping that it will sell and be completed before Xmas as want to be in Melbourne for start of new school year as eldest daughter will start High School!!!! Selling the house is so stressful! We have 2 people interested who haven't sold theirs and another viewing on Tuesday! We live in a lovely house in a lovely area so I am sure it will sell - Market is quite slow at mo.....
As for the visa formality question. I am not sure how many people get turned down applying for visas - there are no posts or stats I am aware of! It seems the skills assessment is where people fall down!
I figure that if you have the skills needed, the correct work experience and no medical complications then you stand a pretty good chance of getting the visa!

Will stay in touch - let me know how you get on.

Good luck!

Laura x
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

Due to limited bandwidth problems I've had to move the timeline spreadsheets to a new hosting company.

If you have any future updates or wish to be added to a sheet, please use the 'update me' or 'add me' link at the top of the relevant month's page (fingers crossed it all works )

http://www.freespaces.com/britishexpats/index.html

DONT FORGET TO BOOKMARK THE NEW PAGE IN YOUR BROWSER.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Karen
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all fellow junies, we have just put our house on the market and just wondered how many more have. We want to go as soon as we get visa, which we originally thought it could have been Sep/Oct, but now it looks more like Nov/Dec so Im a little worried now incase we sell quick and they want us out, way before we get visa's. Our lodgement date was 12/06 and had pre ack. 23/06, just over 10 wks ago, im guessing it will be another 2 wks to get acknowledged then another 6 weeks to get a case officer. Does anyone know roughly how long it then takes if you have already front loaded meds/pcc and everything else is ok?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Just wanted to share with you all that we got our visa's this morning.

Our son has mild cerebral palsy and was always going to be a fine line with the medicals. The sunshine gives him full mobility and I can't shout enough what this opportunity will give to his life. Today it feels like our dreams have become real.

To all of you still waiting and for those that I have shared the past few weeks with the stress of the LCU right now :curse: you are all still in my thoughts.

Love Tammy x
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:22 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

fabulous news for you and your family Tammy! woo hoo!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Josie1100

Our son has mild cerebral palsy and was always going to be a fine line with the medicals. The sunshine gives him full mobility and I can't shout enough what this opportunity will give to his life. Today it feels like our dreams have become real.

To all of you still waiting and for those that I have shared the past few weeks with the stress of the LCU right now :curse: you are all still in my thoughts.

Love Tammy x

Hi Tammy

my son also has mild cerebral palsy and we had our meds the 10th Aug, the Dr said that if we had come back it would be about Chris not the other 5 of us as I had no letters from consultant with me. I explained that he is now 17 and was discharged from the consultant in March 07 and recieves no other NHS care other than prescription for sennokot so hopefully they will acknowledge that did you take letters with you from consultants etc? as I am worried this could slow down our application.

Helenxx
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
Just Joined

ScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really nice

Love Tammy x

Fantastic news Tammy
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Love Tammy x
CONGRATULATIONS hears to you and your family and your new life down under

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.