Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Reedy
Claire,

I am up early checking emails too! Six weeks today for me (27th June that I received my pre-ack) and I haven't heard either which I am sure you find reassuring! To add insult to injury I am on leave from work and am not taking advantage of the lie-in!

Keep sane!

Laura
It's now been 8 weeks since our application was received at adelaide and still no official acknowledgement!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kerikerr
It's now been 8 weeks since our application was received at adelaide and still no official acknowledgement!
Same here ours was sent 20 June, still nothing when I asked our agent she just told me that they are taking at least 3 months to acknowledge.

The waiting is a nightmare.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be no logic to how they process applications!

Did you read the thread about the mail who applied online for a 457 and then changed to 136MODL and he was requested to get meds and PCC's within 24hrs of applying? How crazy is that??????

It looks like I might have a few more days wait then!

Laura
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

hi everyone!

We haven't had acknowledgement either and ours was sent on the 1st June.

I also just realised today that the only occupation they have taken off the MODL is hubby's and we would not have enought points without it. Am I glad we got in in time!

And the wait goes on.........!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

spoke with agent today, and she said that there has been an influx of applications due to the changes in September which is holding up the acknowledgments! So we could be in for a long wait!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

I suspected as much....from the latest processing times email (which I religiously send for every Tuesday) it looks like being another six weeks before a full ack is forthcoming. I just want to know that I've done it right!

A question for you good peeps - got my meds next Thursday, in the likely event I still have no ack, what number do I put on the forms? Or will my passport number be enough? I figured that given the queues at Sydney I might as well get into the system

This website is a lifesaver for me - the whole process is doing my head in. My family know of and support what I am doing, but my employers (aside from our HR manager who has been sworn to secrecy) have no idea. My boss is the sort that will be in his current job until he retires and can't understand why we don't all think the same....

Ah well, at least there are people behind us in the queue
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

How is everybody else coping with the stress, as usual got up this morning checked e-mail, no case officer :curse: We had our medicals on 24 th July and their was a problem with my daughters urine sample so she has to go to see a consultant, worried sick. My house is now up for sale and wondering if i am going to be homeless still with no case officer. Started to try and organize my dog and vet told me it can take up to 5 months to get dog cleared to go.Think i am going slowly MAD!!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Checked emails this morning and have an email from our case officer. She said the medicals are running approx 1 month behind now. Our medicals were received on 21st June so am now guessing I should be looking at the around the 21st August for some movement with them

So maybe I have just another couple of weeks of going completely insane:curse:
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hello all Junies,
Haven't logged on for 2 weeks hoping to be able to say we have news, but unfortunately it is 7 weeks today since we recieved our pre acknowledgement e.mail and have still heard NOTHING!!! I am going crazy with the wait am desperate to start planning our new lifein Oz, but have to keep stepping back and remembering we haven't had the go ahead yet and it just seems so far away before we are going to get it.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hellooo, talk about watched kettle never boils..... got pccs back yesterday but waiting to book meds till Aknl...oh and got medical history print out from gp today, ready..... and still waiting...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi had phone call from agent to say that they have acknowledged our application but as it did not get there until July 1st they require another 70 dollers, our application was sent on 20 June, so a bit peed off, but at least it has reached Oz.

Nicky
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

some movement at last with the Junies, me and the family had our meds today which we organised before they were requested by co as we haven't been allocated one yet, we had our pre ack 27/07/07 and monies taken out of our account so we still have a few weeks to wait.

Does anyone know who we e mail our scanned police checks to as again we requested these before we were alloacted a co and they aren't really being frontloaded as our visa went in June.

When I asked this question before on expats I was advised that when we get our ack we will have a ref and email on the letter but we obviously haven't got that yet as I jumped the gun to try and speed the process up a little bit. Do I still have to wait for the ack letter or hopefully does someone know where I send them?

thanks
Helen
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Helen

I would wait till you have a CO allocated. It shouldn't delay your application at all, just means when they ask for them you can email them straight away and will know who to send them to.

Your police checks are valid for one year so no worries there either

Hope this helps
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Helen

I would wait till you have a CO allocated. It shouldn't delay your application at all, just means when they ask for them you can email them straight away and will know who to send them to.

Your police checks are valid for one year so no worries there either

Hope this helps
thanks for that freckles another wait ahead, you'd think I'd be use to it by now though.

Helen
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Hello all, have just read on current processing times thread, that someone is getting a health report from their G.P, is this something that we all need to do AS WELL as our medicals? does anyone know? just thinking this is something I can be arranging whilst am waiting for news!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.