Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:20 am
  #1681  
M8M
Forum Regular
 
M8M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin for now!
Posts: 141
M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Our agent said that she has enquired with them, they are MARA registered. I've attached the email which I got from her.

'Just to let you know that I had a response to the enquiry I made about the status of your visa application and all that is says is that they are currently allocating files to case officers that were lodged in April 2007. I would assume that we will probably have contact from a case officer next month, obviously I will let you know as soon as they contact me.'

That will bring thing to a total of 10 months? Should I email her saying that we called London House and they think we have a c.o??? Ahhhh... I'm so frustrated with this whole process.
it could be thats its different processing times for different visas we are 136MODL
M8M is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:30 am
  #1682  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Guernsey headed to Brisbane
Posts: 90
saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
very strange coz we have CO since december so it doesnt add up.sounds to me that your agent just got the answer from the automated email which is updated every tuesday.i noticed on other threads that people are saying that the automated email is rough guide line for high risk countries and low risk is quicker.
So if they want to find out stuff in more detail who would they be emailing?? She said that they had to wait 5-10 working days for a responce???

I think I'll be sending her an email tomorrow.
saraheagles is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:53 am
  #1683  
M8M
Forum Regular
 
M8M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin for now!
Posts: 141
M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by saraheagles
So if they want to find out stuff in more detail who would they be emailing?? She said that they had to wait 5-10 working days for a responce???

I think I'll be sending her an email tomorrow.
You do have to wait up to 5 days for the response, but you have to submit an enquiry follow this link... http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ries/index.htm
Your agents email address will be the 'authorised' email address, so be sure to put that down otherwise you'll just get a reply saying sorry we can tell you anything (as we found out after many pestering emails!!) I'm sure your agent knows all this... to be honest they ought to be putting the alarm clock on tonight and making some calls, surely we pay them enough???
Ah, Monday blues... wishing the weeks away
M8M is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:10 am
  #1684  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Guernsey headed to Brisbane
Posts: 90
saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
You do have to wait up to 5 days for the response, but you have to submit an enquiry follow this link... http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ries/index.htm
Your agents email address will be the 'authorised' email address, so be sure to put that down otherwise you'll just get a reply saying sorry we can tell you anything (as we found out after many pestering emails!!) I'm sure your agent knows all this... to be honest they ought to be putting the alarm clock on tonight and making some calls, surely we pay them enough???
Ah, Monday blues... wishing the weeks away
Have you received a c.o yet?? Were applying for a skilled 138 visa? Maybe they take longer?? My husband says we should wait??? I'll see what the aspc email says tomorrow regarding applications Would I get a different responce if I sent and email vs my agent??

I can't wait to have all this behind us!!

When and where are you planning to move?
saraheagles is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:20 am
  #1685  
M8M
Forum Regular
 
M8M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin for now!
Posts: 141
M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Have you received a c.o yet?? Were applying for a skilled 138 visa? Maybe they take longer?? My husband says we should wait??? I'll see what the aspc email says tomorrow regarding applications Would I get a different responce if I sent and email vs my agent??

I can't wait to have all this behind us!!

When and where are you planning to move?
Yeh, seems we have had a CO since bleedin DECEMBER!! But our agent never got the email and it was only us pestering like mad that we finally found out last friday!! I dont think they'd tell you any different if you emailed direct, but at least you could ask exactly what you want and know for sure its been sent (peace of mind... something this waiting lark seems to be taking away from us slowly but surely!!) Were hoping to move to Sydney and be leaving here in July... I'm actually going to hand my notice in to my boss tomorrow (scary!) but they've been good to me, so want to give them as much notice as possible! We've resigned to the fact that if we dont get it in time, or at all then we'll go to NZ on a WHV and plot our next move from there... OH is in the construction industry which is really slowing down here in Ireland at the moment, so we just want to get the hell outta here!!
M8M is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:25 am
  #1686  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Guernsey headed to Brisbane
Posts: 90
saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
Yeh, seems we have had a CO since bleedin DECEMBER!! But our agent never got the email and it was only us pestering like mad that we finally found out last friday!! I dont think they'd tell you any different if you emailed direct, but at least you could ask exactly what you want and know for sure its been sent (peace of mind... something this waiting lark seems to be taking away from us slowly but surely!!) Were hoping to move to Sydney and be leaving here in July... I'm actually going to hand my notice in to my boss tomorrow (scary!) but they've been good to me, so want to give them as much notice as possible! We've resigned to the fact that if we dont get it in time, or at all then we'll go to NZ on a WHV and plot our next move from there... OH is in the construction industry which is really slowing down here in Ireland at the moment, so we just want to get the hell outta here!!
Ok I'm sending the request!

Fingers crossed! Is our agent going to go mental!!
saraheagles is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:26 am
  #1687  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Guernsey headed to Brisbane
Posts: 90
saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
You do have to wait up to 5 days for the response, but you have to submit an enquiry follow this link... http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...ries/index.htm
Your agents email address will be the 'authorised' email address, so be sure to put that down otherwise you'll just get a reply saying sorry we can tell you anything (as we found out after many pestering emails!!) I'm sure your agent knows all this... to be honest they ought to be putting the alarm clock on tonight and making some calls, surely we pay them enough???
Ah, Monday blues... wishing the weeks away

It sucks because you don't want to feel like you being a pain in the ass - regarding the agent!! Plus they just say the same generic stuff. Well mine does.
saraheagles is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:29 am
  #1688  
M8M
Forum Regular
 
M8M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin for now!
Posts: 141
M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Ok I'm sending the request!

Fingers crossed! Is our agent going to go mental!!
I dont think they'll go mental no way?? Nothing ventured nothing gained... All that will happen is they will get the reply and not you... so they'll have to send you the info anyway! If all else fails... its the 3am phone call... why dont you send the mail saying I'm really worried we sent our meds and Pccs on XXX date and heard zilch, think they may be lost in the post blah blah blah and then they will confirm if they have been processed or not... Good luck mate! Let us know how you get on X
M8M is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:00 am
  #1689  
BE Enthusiast
 
Babsw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 790
Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
I dont think they'll go mental no way?? Nothing ventured nothing gained... All that will happen is they will get the reply and not you... so they'll have to send you the info anyway! If all else fails... its the 3am phone call... why dont you send the mail saying I'm really worried we sent our meds and Pccs on XXX date and heard zilch, think they may be lost in the post blah blah blah and then they will confirm if they have been processed or not... Good luck mate! Let us know how you get on X
like your advice, think i will have a go at that too,my agent has got to the stage of just not replying unless they have something to reply for which is really annoying.
Babsw is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:48 am
  #1690  
Living the dream
 
tawkins1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: The Vines WA
Posts: 1,441
tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
very strange coz we have CO since december so it doesnt add up.sounds to me that your agent just got the answer from the automated email which is updated every tuesday.i noticed on other threads that people are saying that the automated email is rough guide line for high risk countries and low risk is quicker.
We are a June07 app & we got our CO back in Dec but on the automated email it said they were only processing applications rec Feb07 so they were well out then. So not sure how accurate it is. Maybe if they have 1 application left from April that shows as them still processing that months. Maybe Who knows???? I don't think we will ever know. Maybe i'll apply for a CO job in Oz & find out (mind you i'm going to Perth & there processed in Adelaide!)
tawkins1 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:52 am
  #1691  
BE Enthusiast
 
Babsw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 790
Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by M8M
I dont think they'll go mental no way?? Nothing ventured nothing gained... All that will happen is they will get the reply and not you... so they'll have to send you the info anyway! If all else fails... its the 3am phone call... why dont you send the mail saying I'm really worried we sent our meds and Pccs on XXX date and heard zilch, think they may be lost in the post blah blah blah and then they will confirm if they have been processed or not... Good luck mate! Let us know how you get on X
Well,I've just gone and sent an ultra polite email to LCU asking if they have any info on our meds ie have they been finalised and sent to our CO? i put in all the relevant info they'll need so here's keeping my fingers crossed for a good reply!!
Babsw is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:44 am
  #1692  
Living the dream
 
tawkins1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: The Vines WA
Posts: 1,441
tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Babsw
Well,I've just gone and sent an ultra polite email to LCU asking if they have any info on our meds ie have they been finalised and sent to our CO? i put in all the relevant info they'll need so here's keeping my fingers crossed for a good reply!!
Goodluck Babsw
Everytime I see you have made a post on here I think you've got your visa
tawkins1 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:59 am
  #1693  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Peregian/Noosa, Sunshine Coast
Posts: 128
The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

HI there, just wanted to say im really sorry for you, cant believe you are still waiting!! When we had ours i really thought you would be in the next week or so, i saw the processing times and they were in the 2nd week of may. It really cant be too much longer, im really sure!!!

Sending you lots of luck for the next 2 weeks!!!

I still cant believe we fly on 20th April, its going so quick, well it will be exactly 1 month since getting the email! Our things come out of storage and onto container 17th too, at the mo we are attending lots of different leaving do's or meals/drinks, im sure im going to end up a stone heavier before i get there!! Weve booked accomodation for the first two weeks in Maroochydore right on the coast, just cant wait, it will come to you, when everyone said that to me i just kept thinking 'no it wont!!', but it will!!

Hope that the next post from you is to say you have it!!

Carley
The Bournes is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:21 am
  #1694  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: gold coast
Posts: 309
wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Goodluck Babsw
Everytime I see you have made a post on here I think you've got your visa
Congrats to Bournes an Tawkins an anyone else who has heard recently!
My comp as been off for about a month so a bit behind on you all!! We are at a standstill with application as OH x wife will not consent for medical for his daughter who is 14 who will not be migrating with us! therefore causing endless headaches and sleepless nights!! been goin on for months.... our meds fine. Last we heard from immi .. OH daughters meds requested!!! Derrrr!!!! we have e -mailed and explained the situation to immi and our Co but heard nothin back since Feb!! Give up now, applied in june! Wont be long till we get to june again and nothin any further... someone pleeeeze help.thankyou anyone xx
wannabees is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:39 am
  #1695  
M8M
Forum Regular
 
M8M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Dublin for now!
Posts: 141
M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Babsw
like your advice, think i will have a go at that too,my agent has got to the stage of just not replying unless they have something to reply for which is really annoying.
Well good luck with them, at least if you find out the meds are processed and nothing else its a step in the right direction! And no harm just saying 'hey I'm here.. dont forget about me' Saw that 2 Skilled Visas were granted today (one June app and one Aug app...) lets hope this is the start of a good week!!!

Originally Posted by wannabees
Congrats to Bournes an Tawkins an anyone else who has heard recently!
My comp as been off for about a month so a bit behind on you all!! We are at a standstill with application as OH x wife will not consent for medical for his daughter who is 14 who will not be migrating with us! therefore causing endless headaches and sleepless nights!! been goin on for months.... our meds fine. Last we heard from immi .. OH daughters meds requested!!! Derrrr!!!! we have e -mailed and explained the situation to immi and our Co but heard nothin back since Feb!! Give up now, applied in june! Wont be long till we get to june again and nothin any further... someone pleeeeze help.thankyou anyone xx
Oh no cant believe that! Why?? What a nightmare! Where in Wigan u from? I'm from Wigan too (springfield)... but living in Dublin at the moment. Feel for you stuck in that sh8thole ha ha
Cant you try calling them, to speak to someone? Pain in the ass getting up in the middle of the night, but might help being able to explain to a real person???
M8M is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.