Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hello all,
can we join you as we too are Junies.(will pm details to Karen) Recieved my assessment 4/6/07 after a 3 month wait and sent our visa application off 5/6/07 with royal mail. They recieved 12/6/07 and sent an e-mail saying application is going through validity checking and should recieve acknowledgement letter with reciept e-mailed to me in 6 weeks. Is this what everyones e-mail says? and will next e-mail be saying I have been allocated a case officer? sorry but all goes over my head at times!
I am a nurse going with boyfriend and 2 children 7 and 5. Heading to Cottesloe in Perth. Never been but what the hell!!!
Goodluck all and looking forward to taking each step together!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi everyone,

Just tried to book medical examinations for the family (2 adults, 3 kiddies 12,9,7) with Ty Bryn Surgery Trethomas and next available date is 11th September.

I thought that we would be able to get them done in August hols (naive?).

Just thought I would let you know as if you are planning to get medicals done within next 2 months it may be worth phoning to enquire about waiting times.

Regards,

Reedy x
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:43 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Nah... I can think of one Junie that has already got a visa
Apologies medwaymark, how could I forget you!

I was getting excited about the 136 visas moving quickly so briefly forgot about your mega quick visa!! When you off to the land of Oz?

Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Apologies medwaymark, how could I forget you!

I was getting excited about the 136 visas moving quickly so briefly forgot about your mega quick visa!! When you off to the land of Oz?

That's OK.... I do appreciate how lucky we are & feel for you guys that have to wait for weeks on end.... I was biting my nails for the two weeks that ours took

We are going to Sydney early next year, depending on how quickly we sell the house. On a reccie trip at the end of August
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Hi Guys,

HELP:: had always thought that we'd put the house on the market at the end of August in the hope that we'd be away by November. However am pretty sure that we're being over optimistic about that, so when do we put it on the market, cause I don't want to put it on Autum/winter and the next sensable time would be February when the market picks up again but that's too far away What should we do

Keri
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:21 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Hi Guys,

HELP:: had always thought that we'd put the house on the market at the end of August in the hope that we'd be away by November. However am pretty sure that we're being over optimistic about that, so when do we put it on the market, cause I don't want to put it on Autum/winter and the next sensable time would be February when the market picks up again but that's too far away What should we do

Keri
We were in the same position but we decided we couldn't feasibly do it before christmas so are going to wait to put the house on the market end of Feb 08 and just hope it sells quickly. I think given recent timelines it looks good to have our visas within 6 months on sending off, maybe I'm being hopeful but hey you've got to have hope!

Good luck in your decision.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

The other thing we've got to take into consideration is that our oldest wee boy would be due to start his prep year at the end of Jan 08 and ideally we would like to be over there by then so that he is starting school with all the other new kids.
But your right Foxy, you have to have hope!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Josie1100
We sent the medicals 2 weeks before the visa's were sent away and the police checks went with the Visa's. We now have a case officer but the ackowledgement letter said to allow 3-4 months average time. Some others who put in for the same visa's as us have been waiting about 7 weeks from ackowledgement so have no clue how long now? Hope you all start to hear very soon from them
Hi Josie,
Congratulations on getting your acknowledgement so quickly! We are using an agent and she sent our application away 19th June, so early days for us yet. I see that you sent your meds away before the visa application, I didn't know you could send your meds away without a case file number, but obviously its ok. We would like to do the same. So, if we booked our meds would the doctor need to hang on to them until we got our number or can he just send them away. I would be very grateful for any info. as the waiting is already killing me! Thanks, Dor.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Hi Dor

I have just tried to check my paperwork to check. This is form 26 you are on about?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:14 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

We applied in June too. We're heading to Perth. We were there last year on holiday and it was fantastic.

Our ENS nomination was approved early June, our application received 28/6/2207.

What is this spreadsheet that I've seen mention of?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

dor34 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Josie1100
Hi Dor

I have just tried to check my paperwork to check. This is form 26 you are on about?
Hi Josie,
I just wanted to know if it was possible to get the meds done before we get our application acknowledged or do we have to wait?....We had to wait 6 weeks for our TRA approval, so even though we're not really waiting that long it feels like forever! It would be great if it was possible to get the meds done soon...just to speed things up abit Good luck with your application

Thanks,
Dor X
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Hi Guys,

Keri
hiya,
we're in the same boat. going to put the house on the market beginning of august and ideally would like to be out there just after xmas. we could be being too optimistic but what the hell going to plan for that date and see what happens. My eldest is 14 so we want to be out there for start of Australian school year as these next couple of years is really important school time for her. just need to think positive !
Jules
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Spreadsheet as below..... Email Karen with your details and she will add you to the June Spreadsheet

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi All,

I am the keeper of the visa application spreadsheet so if you PM / email me your details (criteria as below), I will add you to the list

Good luck everyone.

Expats Username:
Headed for:
Date application sent:
Visa Type (specify if MODL/STNI/SIR):
Used an agent Y/N:
Meds front loaded/booked/done (date):
PCCs front loaded/sent for (date):

Karen xx
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, spreadsheet link was in her sig that didn't quote. Our spreadsheet is here
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Hi all,
We are not quite at the stage your at, even though we started all of this end of feb. We are waiting for our Tra we only sent it yesterday through our agent in Brisbane. Waiting now for more paperwork to come for us to complete. We too are planning on going Adelaide. If anyone out there would like a chat who is in the same boat or can give us a few answers or advice we would really appriciate it. We have two children aged 14 and 7 and we are applying for the 136 visa(modl) also. My husband is an electrician.

Jules if you read this message. Contact me as I too have a 14yr of boy who I would ideally like to start school after christmas. It also concerns me about my son starting his year 10 over there.
Thanks for listening
Joanne

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi all

As far as I can see no one has started one of these so I thought I'd get the ball rolling!

We sent our app off on June 1st by interparcel. It's apparently in Melbourne as I write this! We are a family of 5 (3 children- 5,3 and 1) hoping to go to Adelaide. We are applying for a 136 visa (modl) and are looking to go next summer.

We have never been to Aus before and sometimes I think we are crazy but what the hell!

Anybody else applying this month? (I've tried to fill in Karen Colebeck's spreadsheet but I couln't get it to work)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.