Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi Dusta, Has your CO asked for meds and police checks? If so, then there is a timescale on the letter. You must either send meds/police checks or proof they have been requested/booked/completed by this date. I would wait until at least 4/6 weeks after your meds have been received. You would hate to be the cause of your application taking longer!!!

I think you have the same paranoia my husband has. As long as you have double checked what you have sent/emailed then don't panic!!

It worked for us, we received our Visa in January (7 months from start to finish) and it will for you too.

Hope this has helped a little bit.

Jo
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jo, I think you're right the paranoia is taking over. Our CO requested pccs and meds in Dec I had til 8th Jan to reply. At this time I was awaiting an amendment to our pcc (they printed wrong name on my OH's) and we had our meds booked for the 28th Jan I sent email to our CO explaining this before our 8th Jan deadline. Then sent pccs 2 wks ago via the email just recieved the automated response back, haven't told them we've had our meds done cus had told them they were booked! Just back to waiting then i suppose, just wish I could speak to someone instead of all this email lark I worry things don't reach where they should! Just checked the tracking of our meds and see they were recieved today so fingers crossed will hear something soon. Will give it 4-5 wks before I panic some more. Thanks for your help really helps having contact with people who have been through this!!!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dusta, Glad to help!! I would also let them know that your meds have been received in Aus. Rich also told them date and who they were signed for by.

Jo
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

dedmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nicededmeet is just really nice

Hello again everyone,

Just have to share - Got our passports back yesterday with the visa's in it. Whoo Hoo

The whole reality of it is finally sinking in !

We plan to fly over on the 8th of may (initial entry date is the 15th). Wish it could be sooner, but soooo much to do now before we go - our local freecycle has been having a field day with all the stuff we are just giving away !

Added good news is that the animal quarantine station in Perth finally emailed us back and reported that they have no waiting list for cats ! double whoo hoo.

Kitty (our baby) will get in fine. The thought of leaving her behind with a new adoptive family was really giving us knots in our stomachs. No longer - she is going with. Triple whoo hoo.

Hope all of you still waiting hear soon. You have no idea how good the news feels.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kipsters
Yes sdecided on Bris Sallyclaire, as BIL there and he says Melbourne soooo rainy, but we did love Melbourne when we first went out.
When are you going to validate Alison ?
Has anyone found reasonable prices for the summer there's 5 of us and we're looking at £5500 !!!! to get out to validate.
Should really just pack up and be done with it. But I want to make doubly doubly sure !!!!
Now we have the visa I've so many doubts.
I just need someone to push me on that plane.
Soooo rainy in Melbourne hey, we are still on 3a water restrictions and queensland is having floods, mmm I think your BIL just wants you closer to him

Good luck where ever you choose, we are loving it here in Sunny Melbourne.

Cheers, Rob.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys just popped in to tell ya me news

ONLY GONE AN GOT ME BLOODY VISA GRANTED

Good luck to all who are still waiting
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad city fan

Oh way to go!!!!! Thats brilliant, well done why are you still on line? Go and celebrate
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

Kipsters
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

Fantastic news, well done, even if you are a blue !!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Re: June 07 visa applicants

Congrats to Mad city fan and to the other few thats recently had theirs. Ive not really been on here much as am so fed up with it now.

So fed up that we've booked a holiday to Morrocco beginning of march for my birthday, cant wait any longer for the sun!! Also hoping that its all a waste of time and that we get our visas before we go on holiday!

So, that question again, WHO'S LEFT NOW, with us and without a CO!

Carley
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kipsters
Fantastic news, well done, even if you are a blue !!!!
just realised that bit about the blues!!! Very very red in our house,sorry but i still wish you loads of congrats!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Congrats to Mad city fan and to the other few thats recently had theirs. Ive not really been on here much as am so fed up with it now.

So fed up that we've booked a holiday to Morrocco beginning of march for my birthday, cant wait any longer for the sun!! Also hoping that its all a waste of time and that we get our visas before we go on holiday!

So, that question again, WHO'S LEFT NOW, with us and without a CO!

Carley
We're still here, hopefully meds on their way,police checks already done.Got CO end of jan.Not many of us go on here now is there?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Is this list up to date now?

June 07

Babsw - CO
ozzyfever
the bournes - No CO
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Tawkins1
Wannabees
adamsml

Last edited by The Bournes; Feb 22nd 2008 at 11:00 am. Reason: updating list
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mad city fan

Massive congratulations

Drinking tonight followed by planning & thinking is what comes next

Rich
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Is this list up to date now?

June 07

Babsw - CO
ozzyfever
the bournes - No CO
James 2513
Dusta
The dooners
Siobhan 07
Tawkins1
Wannabees
adamsml
wow, that list has gone down!!! I kinda invited a May applicant to come and join us coz they are on their own now and i thought it was very lonely over there.Hope it was ok?
It sort of seems worse now there are so few of us, you can almost feel the wind and the desert grasses blowing past just like in the films when no one is there( sorry, get bit carried away at times......)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.