Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by wannabees
Congratulations on getting your visas this week. God, we got our CO in nov and still not heard anything back - about anything! O well bit longer to stock up on the champers. Good luck all.

Have sent you some karma to hurry things along!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

Oh thank you everyone.
Still not sunk in, very kind to send all those congrats, can't believe it's my turn.
Thanks Sallyclaire for Karma, maybe see you in Bris, once I've worked up the courage to actually go.
Good luck to all the Junies still waiting and of course my school pal sallyclaire !!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Hi all,

Been in Brisbane for 3 weeks now and just got broadband in, so we're back online - thank god!!! Huge congratulations to all those who have CO's and their Visa's! There can't be that many waiting now???

Keri
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kipsters
Oh thank you everyone.
Still not sunk in, very kind to send all those congrats, can't believe it's my turn.
Thanks Sallyclaire for Karma, maybe see you in Bris, once I've worked up the courage to actually go.
Good luck to all the Junies still waiting and of course my school pal sallyclaire !!!
Do you have to publicise the fact?

So, have you decided on Bris over Melbourne?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the well wishes! I think I'm a bit like Kipster & it still hasn't sunk in properly yet might seem a bit more real once we've got our flights booked for our holiday for our initial entry.

Hoping there are some more visas grants very soon for those of you still waiting

Alison
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Kipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant futureKipsters has a brilliant future

Yes sdecided on Bris Sallyclaire, as BIL there and he says Melbourne soooo rainy, but we did love Melbourne when we first went out.
When are you going to validate Alison ?
Has anyone found reasonable prices for the summer there's 5 of us and we're looking at £5500 !!!! to get out to validate.
Should really just pack up and be done with it. But I want to make doubly doubly sure !!!!
Now we have the visa I've so many doubts.
I just need someone to push me on that plane.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Yes sdecided on Bris Sallyclaire, as BIL there and he says Melbourne soooo rainy, but we did love Melbourne when we first went out.
Has anyone found reasonable prices for the summer there's 5 of us and we're looking at £5500 !!!! to get out to validate.
Should really just pack up and be done with it. But I want to make doubly doubly sure !!!!
We're not sure yet when we'll be going out, it really depends on when we can get cheapish flights. We were originally going to head to Brisbane but we've been offered accommodation in Perth with friends so are going there when we validate. We've also been told flights are cheaper to there than Brisbane but need to check on that.

Alison
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:18 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by al150n
We're not sure yet when we'll be going out, it really depends on when we can get cheapish flights. We were originally going to head to Brisbane but we've been offered accommodation in Perth with friends so are going there when we validate. We've also been told flights are cheaper to there than Brisbane but need to check on that.

Alison
Try ebookers, our flights were a lot cheaper with them. Also its cheaper to fly from Sept onwards than it is July & August. It must be something to do with the school summer hoidays here.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

We've booked our reccie for July/Aug coz we had to coz of time off etc and flights for five of us with a one night stop off in Hong Kong going and two nights coming back were just short of £6,000.Thats with Cathay Pacific with Dial- a -flight.
We think same as you, hell of a lot of money but we really have no choice, we have to validate coz eldest son is doing A levels,I know we could do meds and police checks again but we also have to be sure this time as we've been to Aus. before.
I think you're doing the right thing coz it will confirm this is what you really want or make your mind up against it and then at least you'll know.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for reassurance Babsw, our eldest is in year 10 and we think we might let him take his GCSEs. He's doing alot of modules so says he wants to complete them as he's worked quite hard so far.
So looking at summer 2009 to move.
I've found flights fo just over £5,000 in the summer holidays for the 5 of us (we're all classed as adults now,) that was with emirites.com, OH thinks we're mad to go for another holiday in Oz as we are going to spend the rest of our lives there and still haven't seen places like USA etc. Hey ho.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:49 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for reassurance Babsw, our eldest is in year 10 and we think we might let him take his GCSEs. He's doing alot of modules so says he wants to complete them as he's worked quite hard so far.
I've found flights fo just over £5,000 in the summer holidays for the 5 of us (we're all classed as adults now,) that was with emirites.com, OH thinks we're mad to go for another holiday in Oz as we are going to spend the rest of our lives there and still haven't seen places like USA etc. Hey ho.
Try ebookers.com for your flights. You can still fly with Emirates but it will be cheaper!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Try ebookers.com for your flights. You can still fly with Emirates but it will be cheaper!
Might be worth checking opodo too just in case

Lau xxx
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

I think you're right to let him do his GCSEs.We didn't bother with Mark's and then ended up moving back to UK and he had to take maths and english in the sixth form so that he would have them for uni if he went in UK.I know they are worthless in Aus. but with hindsight I wish we'd hung back to let Mark do them.he would have always had them and he's found some of his sixth form work harder coz he's missed some of the GCSE course.
This is why we are determined not to rush back to Aus this time,even though we want to go now, so he can get his A levels as we feel we've already messed him about.
Are you going to Brisbane,that's where we are heading.I just noticed all the similarities, five of you,Brisbane,reccie this summer,full move June 09 and we are from Kendal, north west anyway (coz I meant to say earlier we are flying from Manchester coz I thought if you were from south it might make a slight diff. to cost.Didn't think to check your name thingy!!!).
Where are you in visa process? We've just had meds done so waiting for them to process,I think they should be sent off early this week as blood tests should be back by then.Agent has asked me to check with docs so he can let the CO know.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Babsw.
We got our visa about a week ago now. Still hasn't sunk in and we're very much in two minds, but we're aiming to give it a try next year.
Ours are 14,12 and 11, so awkward ages for moving out, because as soon as our eldest has sat his GCSEs, my next one will be due to start year 9, so there's really no good time to move.
Have you lived out there before- you say you're going back ?
Hope you hear about you visa soon.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

hi all am after some more advise ( am having another panic) I scanned and emailed police checks 2 weeks ago had the usual automated reply that they were recieved successfully, had medicals 3 weeks ago and according to the tracking system should arrive there today sometime. How will I know I have sent the right documents and that they have been recieved by mu CO is it just another waiting game to hopefuly recieve a response from my CO when she's ready or should I email them to say they are on their way? just getting fed up of these waiting games especially if I'm sitting tight waiting for them to contact me with the golden ticket but they could be waiting for me to contact them!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.