Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Joondalup Health Campus

Joondalup Health Campus

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Joondalup Health Campus

I have just got in from the hospital where Jake has been in surgery today..............and have to commend all the staff at the Campus.
He was treated with complete care and compassion throughout his treatment. not once made to feel, that anything was too much.
This afternoon , as he was begiining to come around, he was monitored constantly, and spoke to so nicely!!
At one point in the afternoon his face turned a sallow grey colour and hi became quite 'clammy'
Within seconds the nurse had 'upped; his drip, checked his breathing and blood pressure and did all she could to reassure me he was going to be ok!!
I am aware that this is what they are paid for, but it was so comforting to know he was in safe hands!!!
Good on ya Joondalup Health Campus!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joondalup Health Campus

Get Well soon young man.Its nice to know that he is being looked after so well.Heres to a speedy recovery .x Irishbloo
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I am sure that some of the nurses are members of this site as most of them were British!!!! So if you looked after this handsome man today then THANK YOU !!!
Attached Thumbnails Joondalup Health Campus-jake-prom-night.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I am sure that some of the nurses are members of this site as most of them were British!!!! So if you looked after this handsome man today then THANK YOU !!!
Just wanted to add, that he is also the "trolley boy' at Bunnings, Mindarie, so if you see him up there next week...................be nice!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add, that he is also the "trolley boy' at Bunnings, Mindarie, so if you see him up there next week...................be nice!!!!
Hope your boy makes a swift and full recovery.

I thought the staff at Joondalup were great. However when the doctor wrote the prescription for my daughter for various meds I looked at it, thought the doses looked way out, queried it and was right!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:33 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad Jake is doing OK. I work at Joondalup but only come out at night
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have just got in from the hospital where Jake has been in surgery today..............and have to commend all the staff at the Campus.
He was treated with complete care and compassion throughout his treatment. not once made to feel, that anything was too much.
This afternoon , as he was begiining to come around, he was monitored constantly, and spoke to so nicely!!
At one point in the afternoon his face turned a sallow grey colour and hi became quite 'clammy'
Within seconds the nurse had 'upped; his drip, checked his breathing and blood pressure and did all she could to reassure me he was going to be ok!!
I am aware that this is what they are paid for, but it was so comforting to know he was in safe hands!!!
Hope Jake is on the mend Sandra.

I agree, Joondalup very good
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

However when the doctor wrote the prescription for my daughter for various meds I looked at it, thought the doses looked way out, queried it and was right! [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that Renth............will double check the dosage!!
Getting medication into this boy is a nightmare!!!
He reckons the ody has a way of healing itself!!! Evn when he has a pounding headache he refuses to take even a panadol!!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:15 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Glad Jake is doing OK. I work at Joondalup but only come out at night
Like a pair of false teeth or a wise old owl.....

Nice to hear good reports. Hope Jake makes a quick recovery S.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:31 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Like a pair of false teeth or a wise old owl.....

Nice to hear good reports. Hope Jake makes a quick recovery S.
Am not a wise old owl, so must be like the false teeth
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Am not a wise old owl, so must be like the false teeth
Right then....have got his prescription.
He has......
Sporahexal 500 mg one tablet three times a day
Panadeine Forte 500 mg two tablets every six hours, with 30mg codeine phospate added
Mobilis D 10 mg one tablet dissolved in water twic a day

Feedback please!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

It's good to see Joondalup Health Campus get a good rap; they copped a bit of flak in the media and on TV a couple of years ago.

I had a season ticket up there and had 8 operations during 10 admissions ........... couldn't fault them at any time. From the cleaning lady upwards everyone did a sterling job.

We were moved too by the compassion and dignity they showed us when we lost a close relative there a year ago .............. they were absolutely brilliant and went out of their way to ease the burden of our grief.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Right then....have got his prescription.
He has......
Sporahexal 500 mg one tablet three times a day
Panadeine Forte 500 mg two tablets every six hours, with 30mg codeine phospate added
Mobilis D 10 mg one tablet dissolved in water twic a day

Feedback please!!
That all sounds right except with the Panadeine Forte you dont mean adding another 30mg of codeine do you Panadeine Forte already has 30mg codiene added.
Tracie
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

I totally agree!! They were fantastic back in 99 when our daughter was born by cesarean. Simply could not fault them