IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

Wikiposts

IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

Old Aug 14th 2009, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

dsibaprasad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

Hi All,

Anybody have any idea about IT job oppertunity in WA, please let me know.
My skills are basically into Computer - Java/J2EE Programming. Let me know if anybody have any idea on this.

Thanks,
Siba
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

browse on www.seek.com.au, www.careerone.com
Old Aug 14th 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Plz also be aware that these sites have duplicate advertisements of same oppputunities by different consultancies.. If you find the description very much similar think its duplicate... some time 1:10 ..oops that is easy thing you can find it out.....i need not teach you

Sites mentioned by helloshivahere should be your first step to do research. I wanted you to be just aware of these things...BOL

Cheers
Old Aug 14th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mayur
Plz also be aware that these sites have duplicate advertisements of same oppputunities by different consultancies.. If you find the description very much similar think its duplicate... some time 1:10 ..oops that is easy thing you can find it out.....i need not teach you

Sites mentioned by helloshivahere should be your first step to do research. I wanted you to be just aware of these things...BOL

Cheers
yes mayur is right get in touch with hudson,michealpage, seek, careerone, hays and some special IT agencies even thru some social network kind of thing like orkut,face book etc to know the reality
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:40 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

Originally Posted by dsibaprasad
Hi All,

Anybody have any idea about IT job oppertunity in WA, please let me know.
My skills are basically into Computer - Java/J2EE Programming. Let me know if anybody have any idea on this.

Thanks,
Siba
I suppose, WA,VIC and NSW has good number of demand for IT in SAP, .net, java etc..If you look at the statewise "on demand list" for the above states, most of the IT steam comes in the list..

I am not aware of demand in other states though!!!

"Seek" is quite good website for Oz jobs..
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by divsman
I suppose, WA,VIC and NSW has good number of demand for IT in SAP, .net, java etc..If you look at the statewise "on demand list" for the above states, most of the IT steam comes in the list..

I am not aware of demand in other states though!!!

"Seek" is quite good website for Oz jobs..
I am based out of perth for last 1 yr, and thot wud b able to give u a decent picture on ths..

WA IT market is limited to few big clients like BHP, Synergy, wotercorps, police etc...If you manage to stick to any of them and build rapport, you can milk the cow for years...

However, in general IT market in WA is much narrow and limited compared to east coast...if you are still at the planning stage, I suggest shift your focus to eastern part of the country...much more opportunities out there...in fact I myself am planning to quit my permanent job in WA and shift to east coast, once i get my PR (damn) and recession gets over (god knows when)..
Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:55 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: IT Jobs Oppertunity in WA

Originally Posted by supriyag123
I am based out of perth for last 1 yr, and thot wud b able to give u a decent picture on ths..

WA IT market is limited to few big clients like BHP, Synergy, wotercorps, police etc...If you manage to stick to any of them and build rapport, you can milk the cow for years...

However, in general IT market in WA is much narrow and limited compared to east coast...if you are still at the planning stage, I suggest shift your focus to eastern part of the country...much more opportunities out there...in fact I myself am planning to quit my permanent job in WA and shift to east coast, once i get my PR (damn) and recession gets over (god knows when)..
Hey TX that a grt info..
Even though we have WA SS, we have been granted with 175. So we have the freedon to go anywhere in OZ....
.. we will check for NSW and VIC...
Old Aug 15th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by divsman
Hey TX that a grt info..
Even though we have WA SS, we have been granted with 175. So we have the freedon to go anywhere in OZ....
.. we will check for NSW and VIC...
Anytime mate

As a matter of fact, we are observing a slow market look-up in IT in Oz, and melbourne and sydney leading the show....hope it keeps going
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Anytime mate

As a matter of fact, we are observing a slow market look-up in IT in Oz, and melbourne and sydney leading the show....hope it keeps going
Hi mate Its offtopic but still got a curiorsity I have to live in perth 2 years anyway

How is the trend fot accountants. Guess not bad as IT

PM your mail ID plz
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Hi mate Its offtopic but still got a curiorsity I have to live in perth 2 years anyway

How is the trend fot accountants. Guess not bad as IT

PM your mail ID plz

I have PMed u my mail ID.

I think accountants are on demand..and there is dirth of good accountants...

Last week it came in the 'Financial Express' here tht the sign of economic recovery is very prominent in Oz, employment opportunities have started coming through much much faster rate than past 12 months, and job advertisement for accountants is increasing at faster pace than any other profession...so going by them, I am sure it is a good news for u

good news for us is, IT is the next profession after accountants, that is showing some sign of recovery..

Caveat: All these are speculations at this stage, and even prime minister kevin rudd is not sure what's gonna happen 2 months down the line...so
Old Aug 16th 2009, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks mate. I got your mail ID(going to drop a big mail soon ) . I belive always there is a end for everything even for recession too

All the best for your VISA. I am trying make deal with a guy from BHP -Zambia they have operation here too .
Even Albidon let c my luck

Last edited by helloshivahere; Aug 16th 2009 at 4:48 am.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Thanks mate. I got your mail ID(going to drop a big mail soon ) . I belive always there is a end for everything even for recession too

All the best for your VISA. I am trying make deal with a guy from BHP -Zambia they have operation here too .
Even Albidon let c my luck
No worries mate..

Actually I am also with BHP Perth for last 1 yr...I am employed with CSC and deputed on BHP site for a project..If you can make a deal with BHP before you come down under, it wud be rocking, becoz BHP is by far the best contract rate giver and one of the most reputed clients here too..all the best
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

No worries mate..

Actually I am also with BHP Perth for last 1 yr...I am employed with CSC and deputed on BHP site for a project..If you can make a deal with BHP before you come down under, it wud be rocking, becoz BHP is by far the best contract rate giver and one of the most reputed clients here too..all the best
Wow its great news then..
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

komail is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries mate..

Supriyag,

Are there any chances that we can apply for the job from here (offshore) and get an offer letter or so. This may increase the speed of our immigration process.

Is it possible or it is as difficult as going to moon?

Regards,
Komail Noori
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by komail
Supriyag,

Are there any chances that we can apply for the job from here (offshore) and get an offer letter or so. This may increase the speed of our immigration process.

Is it possible or it is as difficult as going to moon?

Regards,
Komail Noori
Sorry to dishearten you, but managing a job here without PR, and that too sitting off-shore, is a very remote possibility at the moment, at least until economy gets back on the full blow, which will definitely take till next year..

In my case, I was a bit lucky as I got offer and 457 in August last year, just before the recession started..

By the way, do u reckon having a job here speeds up the process with DIAC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.