Wikiposts

jobless in Adelaide

Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy jobless in Adelaide

We've been in Adelaide since the end of November 07 and now it looks like we'll have to upsticks and move to Perth. I've been looking for work since Jan 08 and i'm either over qualified, under qualified, not a citizen (although i have a permenant visa) or not worked in that field. Also not having an Australian work history goes against me. My age and the fact that i'm English seems to be against me also.
Does any one in Adelaide know how much it will cost us to get out of the rental aggreement? (signed up till Jan 09). Going to see the agent tomorrow but wanted to ask you guys first.
My husband has to phone about a job in Perth on Friday that his nephew has arranged for him. He's also been told there's more work for him (electrician) there even without an A Class licence.(failed his telephone exam )
There's also more options for me as my sister in law and hubby's niece are working there and will try to get me work.
We have a son 13 and daughter 15 here with us who have settled well into school and do not want to move again.
Any ideas? i really don't want to move but have to consider all of my options. Also Hubby just bought me a kitten, would he have to go through quarantine or could we just take him with us when we drive/train to perth?
Any advice would be appreciated. However critisiscum not so greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: jobless in Adelaide

hi sorry about your troubles, have you tried to pm one of the sparkys already there, maybe get some advice from one of those, i have read some of their threads i think he uses the name stev o , he seems very good with the info on sparkys. sorry i could not be of more help.
john
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John
I've talked to Stev'o a couple of time but he's on the Gold Coast as far as i know, there was a thread on here not long ago which had the answers to the questions asked in the telephone exam so we thought John (hubby) was ok as he knew the answers already but when he had the exam the questions were totaly different, thats why he failed it. He asked a couple of Aussie sparkies some of the questions and they didn't know the answer either.
He's been told to read a book but it seems to be more fore commercial electrics and as he's always done domestic he's finding it really difficult at the mo.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

sounds harsh, im a plumber coming over next year, starting to worry a bit now. has he looked at other occupations, sorry its the best i can come up with but i hope it all works out ok for you.
john
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jwood;
it does not matter if your doing domestic or commercial or industrial, the theory is the same, however i would get the book they recommend then read it until your confident keep over reading like parrot fashion then redo the exam, he will get there in the end