Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Job Rejection Replies

Job Rejection Replies

Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Rejection Replies

I have been recently conducting a series of interviews to employ some senior positions in my company.

Now while I have instructed the agent to reply to each candidate in a graceful and face saving manor, a few (3) have written directly to me with some heart warming thankyou emails. On one hand they state they are devastated to miss out but are wishing me and my team the very best.

Have any of you examples of some kind thoughtful job rejection replies to give me some inspiration?. Suffering writers block, and want to leave them with suitable good karma.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Rejection Replies

God I have received so many such letters over the years

Dear Mr........

I am writing to inform you of the outcome of the interview you had for the position of............... on the.............

I regret to inform you that on this occasion you have not be selected for the vacant position. The standard of application received was very high indeed and we were surprised by the large number of applications. You were among a select few that managed to reach the interview stage.

We would welcome you to submit an application should any similar positions become vacant in the future.

I wish you all the best for the future.

blah blah blah blah

Don't have to say much, the above is pretty standard blah.

I remember when I finished Uni and I had a spell of 6 months unemployed I got so many letters like this
Old Jun 19th 2013, 12:51 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
I have been recently conducting a series of interviews to employ some senior positions in my company.

Now while I have instructed the agent to reply to each candidate in a graceful and face saving manor, a few (3) have written directly to me with some heart warming thankyou emails. On one hand they state they are devastated to miss out but are wishing me and my team the very best.

Have any of you examples of some kind thoughtful job rejection replies to give me some inspiration?. Suffering writers block, and want to leave them with suitable good karma.
just thank them for their time and wish them well in their future endeavours etc etc.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:31 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
God I have received so many such letters over the years

Dear Mr........

I am writing to inform you of the outcome of the interview you had for the position of............... on the.............

I regret to inform you that on this occasion you have not be selected for the vacant position. The standard of application received was very high indeed and we were surprised by the large number of applications. You were among a select few that managed to reach the interview stage.

We would welcome you to submit an application should any similar positions become vacant in the future.

I wish you all the best for the future.

blah blah blah blah

Don't have to say much, the above is pretty standard blah.

I remember when I finished Uni and I had a spell of 6 months unemployed I got so many letters like this
bullsh!t, that's just the standard HR response these days.

If you really want to do right by the candidate, don't go with the template response. Be specific about what areas that appealed to you but also be specific about the areas you felt they fell short. As a candidate, this feedback is very useful in their next interview.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 8:43 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

There can sometimes be dozens or even 100's of applicants, you cant always tailor a response for each individual.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
There can sometimes be dozens or even 100's of applicants, you cant always tailor a response for each individual.
He is not talking about all the applicants but just the ones unsuccessful at interview
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:46 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
He is not talking about all the applicants but just the ones unsuccessful at interview
I thought he just wanted to send letters to the 3 that contacted him again after receiving rejection letters?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:03 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Few do that but the feedback helps and it gives you much more respect for the company.
Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

If you really want to do right by the candidate, don't go with the template response. Be specific about what areas that appealed to you but also be specific about the areas you felt they fell short. As a candidate, this feedback is very useful in their next interview.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:21 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Some won't even give any feedback even if asked for.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Some won't even give any feedback even if asked for.
I know
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:32 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I know
I had one for a job with QFRS (Rurals) at Kedron, when I asked for feedback, all the guy said was that I didn't work for the public service, nothing about my application.
On the other hand, some panel members have been very helpful.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Completely agree with Broad Shoulders and Ivan.

Kudos to you, Red Dragon, for even thinking of that.

There was a discussion over at the Canada side about Canadian employers who don't even bother responding as a norm.

Cheerio.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I know
Ditto
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:22 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

Be specific so they can work on whatever it is they need to
Old Jun 20th 2013, 8:23 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Like what, that the successful candidate was prettier? sexier? whiter? has a more acceptable accent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.