Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Job Interview tomorrow - Eeeeep!

Wikiposts

Job Interview tomorrow - Eeeeep!

Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:44 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Interview tomorrow - Eeeeep!

Well good lord, I nearly fell off my chair. I got the job! Induction on Thursday night - woop woop! Which is amusiing in so far as Thursday was the one night that I said I would have trouble working! OH will just have to miss indoor cricket this week or something!

Woohoooo! It's a start! They only guarantee 6 hours a week, but frankly that is better than $5.13 a fortnight that centrestink pay. Mind you, I think the work will physically kill me - literally, but that is a problem to worry about next week

Thanks again, for all the kind wishes! Keep your fingers crossed though and if I suddenly stop posting you'll know it was all too much
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:45 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, that's great news. Well done. Keep thinking about the money!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:59 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Hey, that's great news. Well done. Keep thinking about the money!
Thank you Believe me, I am thinking about the money! I've already spent my induction training money in my head I apologised to the lady when I asked if the induction would be paid I felt as if I was being ever so grasping!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, just a foot in the door will help in moving onwards in the future where ever and whenever you want to
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Well good lord, I nearly fell off my chair. I got the job! Induction on Thursday night - woop woop! Which is amusiing in so far as Thursday was the one night that I said I would have trouble working! OH will just have to miss indoor cricket this week or something!

Woohoooo! It's a start! They only guarantee 6 hours a week, but frankly that is better than $5.13 a fortnight that centrestink pay. Mind you, I think the work will physically kill me - literally, but that is a problem to worry about next week

Thanks again, for all the kind wishes! Keep your fingers crossed though and if I suddenly stop posting you'll know it was all too much
Nice one, physical work is good, you'll be able to scoff more bad stuff
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news M.

How long was it in the end?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:18 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Believe me, I am thinking about the money! I've already spent my induction training money in my head I apologised to the lady when I asked if the induction would be paid I felt as if I was being ever so grasping!
Woolies?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:26 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
Congratulations, just a foot in the door will help in moving onwards in the future where ever and whenever you want to
Thankyou. That's the way I'm looking at it. I'm going to carry on looking, I have to really but this should to some extent keep the wolf from the door...

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Nice one, physical work is good, you'll be able to scoff more bad stuff
What bad stuff? I'll have you know I'm having a healthy and delicious tuna bake for dinner..... oh no, wait, that's you!

Originally Posted by Bix
Brilliant news M.

How long was it in the end?
Thank you - it is isn't it! How long was what? My mind is all over the place at the moment! I've been job hunting for bloody months. Truth be told i was only looking for jobs that fitted in some way with my experience til now, ie office based, admin type roles. It didn't really occur to me that I would need to do this, I thought some employer would take a chance that the old grey matter still functions, but it seems it's my brawn and not my brain that has won the day!! i wore a loose fitting top that disguised that I have the muscle mass of a daddy-long-legs.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

How long was what? My mind is all over the place at the moment! I've been job hunting for bloody months.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

So how long before you start weightlifting for a sport?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:37 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Bix
Yeah, that's what I meant.

So how long before you start weightlifting for a sport?
I'm not sure but Cairns better watch out - I might have to take steroids to build up some muscle mass and go crazy. Actually, I have the crazy pretty much well covered already apparently.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:38 pm
Feeble Minded

I'm feeling disproportionately happy
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling disproportionately happy
And so you should! Congratulations! There's nothing like a job offer to boost the ego, whatever the job! Well done and good luck for Thursday!

I had an interview this morning so it's still for me...
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:23 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
And so you should! Congratulations! There's nothing like a job offer to boost the ego, whatever the job! Well done and good luck for Thursday!

I had an interview this morning so it's still for me...

Good luck with it!! Perhaps today is a day for great things for all of us!

I've just sent off another job application but with a more carefree heart....
Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats A job is a job so it's all good. If they're anything like down here, you will get more hours. Really pleased for you.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 6:26 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Congrats A job is a job so it's all good. If they're anything like down here, you will get more hours. Really pleased for you.
Thankyou

I tried to embarrass my daughter by doing the happy dance on her school oval when I collected her from school. I should have known she had no shame I don't know where she gets that from!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.