Wikiposts

jingles jaunt (2)

Old May 26th 2008, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jingles jaunt (2)

Ahhh that's lovely.

Sounds like you had to work really hard just to get started. Next bit soon please!!
Old May 27th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

jingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Ahhh that's lovely.

Sounds like you had to work really hard just to get started. Next bit soon please!!
Yes! we did work hard and we achieved what we set out to do.
Mum, dad an my brother are buried here in Melbourne and I am the last member of that little unit that descended on Melbourne.
I was happily married for more than 50 years and raised three little Australians, 2 boys and a girl. They in turn have produced 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons.
jingles
Old May 27th 2008, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jingles
Yes! we did work hard and we achieved what we set out to do.
Mum, dad an my brother are buried here in Melbourne and I am the last member of that little unit that descended on Melbourne.
I was happily married for more than 50 years and raised three little Australians, 2 boys and a girl. They in turn have produced 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons.
jingles
Wow - you've populated Australia! My Grandmother's sister emigrated at the same time and her 3 children are still alive and all have children and grandchildren - spread all over Australia. Looks like the £10 pom scheme worked.

Hope that your parents and brother were proud and happy of their achievements.
Old May 27th 2008, 8:45 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

what a fantastic story!! whilst doing my family tree i found a family who had emigrated in the early 60s ... still havent tracked them down but will do one day when i get round to it

Old May 28th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

jingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant futurejingles has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Wow - you've populated Australia! My Grandmother's sister emigrated at the same time and her 3 children are still alive and all have children and grandchildren - spread all over Australia. Looks like the £10 pom scheme worked.

Hope that your parents and brother were proud and happy of their achievements.
It surely did, but wasn't that the whole idea? <grin> populate or perish
My brother also did his share to help the situation....two children and some granchildren.

jingles
Old May 28th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
what a fantastic story!! whilst doing my family tree i found a family who had emigrated in the early 60s ... still havent tracked them down but will do one day when i get round to it

I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
I too am interested in family research, I have limited mobility so a sedentary hobby is essential.
I fouind one of my husband's ancestor came to Australia with the first fleet....but they went home again
It isn't very easy to track ancestors in Australia but I keep looking.
jingles
Old May 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I too am interested in family research, I have limited mobility so a sedentary hobby is essential.
I fouind one of my husband's ancestor came to Australia with the first fleet....but they went home again
jingles
Where in Melbourne are you if you dont mind me asking?

My aunt & uncle were £10ers too!! They came to Melbourne in 1969 with their 5 sons and 1 daughter

They are still all in the area now... I met them last August when we came on our reccie..
Old May 28th 2008, 5:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

jingles
my cousin has done my family tree on my mothers side so I have nothing to do there and my Grandfather is thought to be illegitamate so it's difficult to get past him.

loved your story jingles it's very encouraging to hear that even with all the odds against them people made it and were happy
Old May 28th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by justsarah
Where in Melbourne are you if you dont mind me asking?

My aunt & uncle were £10ers too!! They came to Melbourne in 1969 with their 5 sons and 1 daughter

They are still all in the area now... I met them last August when we came on our reccie..
I lived in Melbourne for 50 years, then moved to a big country town about 100miles from Melbourne. I love the community spirit here.
jingles
Old May 28th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asher
my cousin has done my family tree on my mothers side so I have nothing to do there and my Grandfather is thought to be illegitamate so it's difficult to get past him.

loved your story jingles it's very encouraging to hear that even with all the odds against them people made it and were happy
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Just shows what a family can do if it pulls together.
jingles
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great read jingles
I can't wait for the next instalment but please don't rush through the story too quickly, I was in mourning when Baywhale finished hers!