Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 5:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

It doesn't matter if a journalist wanted to write a story, it's up the editor and owner of the newspaper to run it.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 5:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If she were abused as a teenager, then yes it is pedophilia
Not if she was 18-19
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 6:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Not if she was 18-19
If the abuse started before she was 18, then yes, it was.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Not if she was 18-19
It wouldn't be paedaphilia but it would be abuse or rape. Either way it's not legal behaviour.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:54 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

If she were abused as a teenager, then yes it is pedophilia
You didn't read his article did you?
The woman was in her 20's when she says she slept at his home & he had sex with her [while her mate slept next to them] He was in his 30's she in her 20's NOT paedophilia in any way shape or form.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

You say say what you like about Jimmy Savile but he always slowed down when he drove past a primary school
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawk2005
You say say what you like about Jimmy Savile but he always slowed down when he drove past a primary school

Dear Jim,Please could you fix it for the girl in my class, who I really fancy, to come on holiday with me.
Yours sincerely,Jeremy Forrest, 30.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
A service to mankind?
So why didn't she jump off a tall building
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:22 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

During the 80's my 2 daughters were members of a Troupe of Majorettes who performed throughout England and on the continent. On several occasions they performed for charity events and Jimmy Saville (amongst other celebrities) were also at these events.
The girls in the Troupe ranged in ages from 3-18. On 2 occasions we had problems with the 'celebrities' at the event. The first being having to get security to throw Jimmy Saville out of the marquee where the girls were getting changed, not once but twice!!!! The second was when Lesley Crowther was so drunk he fell down the steps of an old open topped bus that was in a parade in front of the girls (that was just funny though). The other incident frightened the younger girls and as it was a 2 day event we had hell on trying to get them to return the next day. They did though and Mr Saville was kept well away from them.

Loz x

Last edited by loz; Oct 3rd 2012 at 9:23 am. Reason: word missed out
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
During the 80's my 2 daughters were members of a Troupe of Majorettes who performed throughout England and on the continent. On several occasions they performed for charity events and Jimmy Saville (amongst other celebrities) were also at these events.
The girls in the Troupe ranged in ages from 3-18. On 2 occasions we had problems with the 'celebrities' at the event. The first being having to get security to throw Jimmy Saville out of the marquee where the girls were getting changed, not once but twice!!!! The second was when Lesley Crowther was so drunk he fell down the steps of an old open topped bus that was in a parade in front of the girls (that was just funny though). The other incident frightened the younger girls and as it was a 2 day event we had hell on trying to get them to return the next day. They did though and Mr Saville was kept well away from them.

Loz x
Bloody hell Loz. I think I would have removed Saville from the marquee personally, on the end of my foot

And then gone for a drink with Lesley Crowther! I've got a pic of my mum and dad having drinks with Lesley Crowther, funnily enough
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

If the abuse started before she was 18, then yes, it was.
The age of consent in Britain is 16, however Saville is not looking too good.

I like to think that had I been one of the journalists in a position to expose him and he's said, "Well there goes the funding for Stoke Mandeville" I would have replied, "Make my day".
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:26 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Bloody hell Loz. I think I would have removed Saville from the marquee personally, on the end of my foot

And then gone for a drink with Lesley Crowther! I've got a pic of my mum and dad having drinks with Lesley Crowther, funnily enough
It took us all our time to stop a few of the dads punching his lights out lol........on reflection we should have just let them do it

Loz x
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

The sad part of this is that Jimmy Saville was allowed to get away with it for so long - even though it was well known or suspected!
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

I never liked Jimmy Saville, because of my mother. My mother could never stand the sight of him and used to shout at the telly to turn it off whenever he came on. It was the strangest thing the sight of him made her feel sick and it stuck with me so resultantly I could never stand him either. She always thought he was a perv so is having an I told you so moment right now! She's perceptive my mum...
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TGA
How would you know (unless of course you nicked him for not having a ticket on the train).
He was a dirty old man http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt
as was(is) Barrymore. I have a mate at what was LWT and I have heard some disgusting stuff.
God I miss "Have I Got News for You"!! and "They Think It's All Over" and all those type of programmes. Just UK tv basically!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.