Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Jimmy Saville a paedophile?

Originally Posted by TGA
How would you know (unless of course you nicked him for not having a ticket on the train).

I'm sorry, I have no idea as to what you are on about and what does trains have to do with the subject matter anyway?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Anyone who will publicly state that Gary Glitter did no wrong and just had some photos and videos for personal use that hurt no one is obviously up to the same sort of shit.
I'm with you. Glitter was convicted and imprisoned in more than one country for, as you put it, Kiddie Fiddling.

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Did anyone see the Jimmy Saville documentary/interview with Louis Theroux?
The one thing that came out of it (and I realise editing can bias the outcome) but, Jimmy was not 'normal'.

Based on what I observed about his lifestyle I had him more of a recluse homosexual rather than a pedophile.

"IF" it comes out that he was abusing kids, the people that kept quiet or conveniently turned a cheek to allow him to be alone with the kids, should be traced and made accountable!

Why didn't the Nolans manager/parents act back then? If he groped one of the girls he should have paid the price back then!
Well said.

Last edited by TheArmChairDetective; Oct 1st 2012 at 1:19 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing that came out of it (and I realise editing can bias the outcome) but, Jimmy was not 'normal'.

Based on what I observed about his lifestyle I had him more of a recluse homosexual rather than a pedophile.

"IF" it comes out that he was abusing kids, the people that kept quiet or conveniently turned a cheek to allow him to be alone with the kids, should be traced and made accountable!

Why didn't the Nolans manager/parents act back then? If he groped one of the girls he should have paid the price back then!
Whilst I agree in part, we're talking the 70/80s when it was very different to today and he was obviously very powerful in the BBC. I imagine that even if people did say something or attempt to bring him to book, they'd have been up against a brick wall. In much the same way the Catholic Church managed to get away with so much abuse at the same time.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:18 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

some bleeding detective you are!!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:23 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

'turned a cheek' <snigger>

Hey, come on, if you can't laugh at child abuse what can you laugh at?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA

some bleeding detective you are!!
Sorry, Don't understand where your going. Not interested in your baiting.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:30 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Sorry, Don't understand where your going. Not interested in your baiting.
you ol' stick in the mud you..
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:30 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely paedophile's prefer young pre-pubescent children. One of the allegations was from 20yr old [at the time] the woman is 60 now. Not exactly paedophilia is it?
The Nolan sister footage is still available, looks like he just had his arm around her waist.
The HIGNFY transcript link TGA provided above is a hoax attributed to various writers including Victor Lewis-Smith and Chris Barrie, though neither have claimed authorship.
Talk about speaking ill of the dead, the time to raise this was 20+ years ago not after the poor bloke died!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:33 pm
TGA
Banned

I'm just glad Jimmy never answered my letter "Dear Jim, Please could you fix it for me to have a smoke on your cigar."
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:34 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA
I'm just glad Jimmy never answered my letter "Dear Jim, Please could you fix it for me to have a smoke on your cigar."
Ahh you got rejected, no wonder your bitter
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
Surely paedophile's prefer young pre-pubescent children. One of the allegations was from 20yr old [at the time] the woman is 60 now. Not exactly paedophilia is it?
The Nolan sister footage is still available, looks like he just had his arm around her waist.
The HIGNFY transcript link TGA provided above is a hoax attributed to various writers including Victor Lewis-Smith and Chris Barrie, though neither have claimed authorship.
Talk about speaking ill of the dead, the time to raise this was 20+ years ago not after the poor bloke died!

Well said, gave you Karma for this.

and Triple Karma for such insight
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:40 pm
TGA
Banned

I cannot (hand on heart) confirm the transcript is accurate but I can 100% state that I saw the episode where Merton ripped into Saville with very thinly veiled accusations which made saville squirm.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:42 pm
TGA
Banned

Bitter? more salty i'd say
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:00 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Whilst I agree in part, we're talking the 70/80s when it was very different to today and he was obviously very powerful in the BBC. I imagine that even if people did say something or attempt to bring him to book, they'd have been up against a brick wall. In much the same way the Catholic Church managed to get away with so much abuse at the same time.
This is pretty much what people are saying.

Even now, in 2012, child abuse is not always taken seriously. Just look at the poor girls in Rochdale. The police and social services knew about it, but nothing was done for a long time.
Take someone like Saville, a national "treasure", does a lot for charity, very powerful in the industry. Add in the decade and the fact that child abuse is a difficult subject anyway, and you can see how it would never come to light.

It's a shame it didn't come to light more readily before he died. It would have been good to have it proved in a court of law if it is true.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It has been known for years that Saville was misbehaving with both boys and girls. As far as I know (with many friends in both media and politics) the reason little has come out previously is because of some powerful connections and his charity work.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
It has been known for years that Saville was misbehaving with both boys and girls. As far as I know (with many friends in both media and politics) the reason little has come out previously is because of some powerful connections and his charity work.
Good, that means then that as the story unfolds and proves to be true the powers that be might prosecute those people who aided and abetted the commission of such crimes by covering up for the perpetrator or alleged perpetrator. Not forgetting one is innocent until proven guilty.
Hmm or is it the other way round these day's I forget?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.