Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

JEN'S FIRST TRIP BACK TO THE UK!

JEN'S FIRST TRIP BACK TO THE UK!

Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 MORE SLEEPS TIL MY FIRST TRIP BACK TO THE UK!

Originally Posted by eddie007
TROLL.... No one likes coffee revels... Its a FACT
I do! And I'm a Mod so I can't possibly be a troll......

Originally Posted by northernbird
Used to like the mixed fruit poppets and my daughter loves the mint ones.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I do! And I'm a Mod so I can't possibly be a troll......

So you fall into the freaks and weirdos category then

Please ban me... i have a quilt to salvage
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:36 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I've just realised that I really miss Cornish Pasties. I am bereft It was a sudden moment of clarity when I realised that they are missing from my life. I will probably get over it shortly after dinner is cooked. Hunger is almost undoubtedly to blame

Hope you have a good trip back Jen

<------ Lookie, what a lovely post number!! (1,111) Perhaps I will never speak again :P But perhaps not
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I HATE chocolate coverd nuts and raisens... I'm a total control freak and HAVE to know what I'm putting in my mouth.... I hate surprises.....
I agree- but I like some of the revels.

I eat ones I know (galaxy counters) and the rest I have to bite the choc shell off. What would happen if I ate a satan's filling (coffee) or one of those raisin ones they put in there to catch the unsuspecting out?

By the way Thornton's chocs are no where near as yummy as they used to be- and it is not just me. We had a in depth discussion about this at work. It is a fact that Thorntons have lost the plot.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
And vice versa of course
Here we go..

Mate, I've been around on these forums a long time, and it's been many years since there was a hardcode pro-Australia trend on this site. You might be surprised to see what it was like the best part of 7 years ago when people were flocking here and doing really well. Most of the historic 'Godzoners' have had it beaten out of them or - acknowledge issues - or - they just don't mind living here much and don't mind stating why occasionally.

People can't even afford to come here, let alone think about it being a paradise.

Sure you get the occasional battler who grumbles about the UK in their first post - but that's their problem and these posters - I can assure you - are dwindling compared to what it was like years ago. The site should just ignore those people and we'd all get on.

The only person I see currently, and actively, and tediously pushing any one particular nation (Godzoning), whilst simultaneously wearing down another is you, to be honest. You're the current resident(!)
Old Mar 7th 2012, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Here we go..

Mate, I've been around on these forums a long time, and it's been many years since there was a hardcode pro-Australia trend on this site. You might be surprised to see what it was like the best part of 7 years ago when people were flocking here and doing really well. Most of the historic 'Godzoners' have had it beaten out of them or - acknowledge issues - or - they just don't mind living here much and don't mind stating why occasionally.

People can't even afford to come here, let alone think about it being a paradise.

Sure you get the occasional battler who grumbles about the UK in their first post - but that's their problem and these posters - I can assure you - are dwindling compared to what it was like years ago. The site should just ignore those people and we'd all get on.

The only person I see currently, and actively, and tediously pushing any one particular nation (Godzoning), whilst simultaneously wearing down another is you, to be honest. You're the current resident(!)
I tend to refer to old George Harrison's philosophy when it comes to these issues.

"All things must pass"

Every year that view becomes more true and more relevant, which is a bit of a worry and also a comfort in some ways.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go..

But Badge you obviously don't realise that UK IS Utopia.

We only have to work one day a week for a full time wage (most people volunteer more hours for the good of the country).
The government is wonderful and has struck the right balance.
The economy is booming.
Crime is non existent.
Neighbours and strangers wave a cheery hello as you pass.
Shops give away food and goods because they can.
We all leave our doors open because no one wishes to steal anything.

...and the sun is shining away as I type (early March- huh!)
Old Mar 7th 2012, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say that (as one who has returned here) the UK isn't Utopia. It's bloody miserable here today - having said that it was bloody glorious yesterday! Australia isn't Utopia either, but it is rather nice

Basically, I appear to be sat on a fence
Old Mar 7th 2012, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go..

...while others just as tediously promote Australia. It will always be that way, Badge you've been around long enough to know it. There will always be posters promoting opposite sides.....and just as well, life would be so boring if we all liked the same thing and enjoyed living in the same place.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
...while others just as tediously promote Australia. It will always be that way, Badge you've been around long enough to know it. There will always be posters promoting opposite sides.....and just as well, life would be so boring if we all liked the same thing and enjoyed living in the same place.
Yeh...australia sucks too... But its bloody annoying having a complete ****wit banging on about how ****ing fantastic the uk is all the time... Especially in the barbie where peeps comes to unwind... You have to admit the is a poster on a permanant wind up mission... has been promising to **** off back to the uk for months... But instead posts poke after poke after poke..

Like a bloody single track record on replay....

Makes himsrlf looks like a total ****wit and asks for his thread to be deleted so no one can see, then posts abuse in another forum about posters in the australian forum...

Honestly? I really think it would have been fairer to move that thread into the barbie for us all to discuss... Sorry.... rule number 675 section 2 sub para5b... Broken... But then I AM a sanctimonious prick arent I... Was that it? dont remember... He sanitisers his history and continues to poke...

Every thread on ANY topic... He has a go...

OK... He wins.. When he eventually leaves the playground let me know ... Right now I cant be arsed with the ****er anymore...
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh...australia sucks too... But its bloody annoying having a complete ****wit banging on about how ****ing fantastic the uk is all the time... Especially in the barbie where peeps comes to unwind... You have to admit the is a poster on a permanant wind up mission... has been promising to **** off back to the uk for months... But instead posts poke after poke after poke..

Like a bloody single track record on replay....

Makes himsrlf looks like a total ****wit and asks for his thread to be deleted so no one can see, then posts abuse in another forum about posters in the australian forum...

Honestly? I really think it would have been fairer to move that thread into the barbie for us all to discuss... Sorry.... rule number 675 section 2 sub para5b... Broken... But then I AM a sanctimonious prick arent I... Was that it? dont remember... He sanitisers his history and continues to poke...

Every thread on ANY topic... He has a go...

OK... He wins.. When he eventually leaves the playground let me know ... Right now I cant be arsed with the ****er anymore...
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is it just me who is looking forward to his first post after his UK return going 'oh dear, it is not as we remembered?'

The UK is not Heartbeat country- it has lots of social problems which are not going away just because there are castles and lovely green fields.

(I have a huge fondness for UK but certainly do not think it is paradise on earth)
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:39 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

BL00DY H3LL! I really wish I hadn't even started this thread...can it be deleted Polly?
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Jen, just take all the kind and interesting comments, and ignore those who just cause trouble.

Hope you have a great time in Ireland. Put some piccies on especially of st Paddy's day celebrations. Eat drink and be merry!
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Jen, just take all the kind and interesting comments, and ignore those who just cause trouble.

Hope you have a great time in Ireland. Put some piccies on especially of st Paddy's day celebrations. Eat drink and be merry!
YAYYYYY THANKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.