Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello yep we have returned home,
were are you in Australia, Mary is doing well back home new house and new job and she is happy she is back on BE when she gets a chance LOL
MY DH is a welder and couldnt find work on the sunshine coast hard finding jobs isnt it
Hi we are in Perth north of the river work is getting a bit tight so we will never say that we will not be back but not going to buy a house or that yet we also have our house in uk as market was so bad ,How is the wee one now well she will not be wee anymore ha ha,Before we came out everyone said that there was lots of work and when you come out there is hardly any but as long as Oh is working we are fine Just now ,Thats good that Mary is happy and got a new house and job sometimes that is what we need and as long as we have enjoyed and noone has got hurt we can say that we tried and will feel better in the long run wishing everyone all the best for the future whatever it will hold keep in touch and talk soon Kate
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, this thread has been dead a long time. Is there anyone still waiting? Just wondering what everyone is up to??? Have you made the move?? I know Baby and Mary are back in the UK. Hope you are both happier. What about the rest of you?

We have been in Adelaide for 6 months and have had a wonderful time. God the stress we went through getting here, I thought I'd faint with it some days, but it was worth it!!

I have to admit, we have had something of a holiday but now getting down to it and researching starting a business. 9 year old has settled very well and loves school. She came from what was supposed to be one of the best schools in the UK but hasn't found her school in Adelaide to be behind the UK at all. We did pick very carefully however and I know other people haven't been as lucky.

Our only problem is deciding where to settle. We love the Hills and the beach and the city suburbs too.... at the moment we are in a city suburb and enjoying being 5 mins from the CBD and 20 mins from the beach, but could reverse that LOL.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Gosh, this thread has been dead a long time. Is there anyone still waiting? Just wondering what everyone is up to??? Have you made the move?? I know Baby and Mary are back in the UK. Hope you are both happier. What about the rest of you?

We have been in Adelaide for 6 months and have had a wonderful time. God the stress we went through getting here, I thought I'd faint with it some days, but it was worth it!!

I have to admit, we have had something of a holiday but now getting down to it and researching starting a business. 9 year old has settled very well and loves school. She came from what was supposed to be one of the best schools in the UK but hasn't found her school in Adelaide to be behind the UK at all. We did pick very carefully however and I know other people haven't been as lucky.

Our only problem is deciding where to settle. We love the Hills and the beach and the city suburbs too.... at the moment we are in a city suburb and enjoying being 5 mins from the CBD and 20 mins from the beach, but could reverse that LOL.
Hi Flyaway,

Yes the tread is pretty quiet nowdays. Well we're here in Adelaide to well Williamstown been here 6 months and hubby 5 now. I'm working in Nuriootpa at a salon called Rustic and my hubby is working as a health and safety advisor for Biada poultry. It took him a while to find work but i was working within 2 weeks of arriving.

My oldest is at Williamstown primary she's in reception bless her she's been in reception since september last year as she started school in England. She love's it. She has settled really well I put her in school a week after we arrived as she was having a hard time at home and not having a routine. My youngest just loves being able to play outside again now the rain has stopped. I'm glad your daughter is settleing in well.

Good luck with the bussiness and trying to figure out where to put roots down. For the next year at least we are here in Williamstown but we're not sure where we want to live. For now being round the corner from my mum and dad is good. Our money from the sale of the house is still in the Uk. It can stay there till the exchange rate gets better.

How is everyone else getting on??

Take care all

Anne
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anne, glad you are settling well. The rain was a bit dismal wasn't it? Still can't complain after 12 years of drought

Our money is still in the UK too. Which is why we haven't set up a business. We have to bite the bullet though as we are on a 475 and have to work.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Anne, glad you are settling well. The rain was a bit dismal wasn't it? Still can't complain after 12 years of drought

Our money is still in the UK too. Which is why we haven't set up a business. We have to bite the bullet though as we are on a 475 and have to work.
What kind of bussiness are you looking at setting up? Good luck with it all
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Annehe28
What kind of bussiness are you looking at setting up? Good luck with it all
We are thinking of starting a mail / communications business. Holding and redirecting mail for travellers and migrants. Just doing all the boring research and business plans right now.