Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Laura_TheGoose_Davies
I've only stayed there for a couple of days. It's quite a party town for back packers from what I saw of the place. What sort of work would you be looking for?
Im studying to be an arcitect finish in December then going straught out there I think Ill end up going to Brisbane, seen photos of Cairns and it looks good. But hey when I get our there I may just try something different. Just a bit worried incase my visa is rejected.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:37 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Royston
After the week Ive had. If I had my visa I'd be on the next plane out. I dont want to wish my life away but wish I could jump six months in the future. Moan over with!!
Think that every day! Keep saying I want to fall asleep and wake up and when its all sorted! (house and visa!)

Originally Posted by Royston
I still need to work out where I want to go. Queensland maybe brisbane. dont fancy the bigger cities. anyone been to Cairns?
We are heading for Brisbane - chose it because its a smaller city than Sydney and also warmer weather (and the sea is warmer) - if you like it really hot - Cairns looks very hot - its 8:30 pm now and 21deg!
This is a good site as it gives average high and low temperatures and rainfall per month:
Cairns: http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?we...=Cairns%2c+AUS

This one gives all the major cities on one page:
http://www.aboutaustralia.com/Weather.htm

This one gives the sea temperatures - this was important to us because we actually want to swim in it !
http://www.livingin-australia.com/se...-australia.htm
This site also has loads of other infomation too by the way...about the cities - pro's and con's on Brisbane for example and it has an interesting artical called :
Are you the sort of Person Who will settle successfully in Australia?

As you can see I am obsessed by the weather and this was a major part of research when deciding where to head to

Lots of info on Brisbane... http://www.ourbrisbane.com/

Happy dreaming everyone!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by funshine
Think that every day! Keep saying I want to fall asleep and wake up and when its all sorted! (house and visa!)

We are heading for Brisbane - chose it because its a smaller city than Sydney and also warmer weather (and the sea is warmer) - if you like it really hot - Cairns looks very hot - its 8:30 pm now and 21deg!
This is a good site as it gives average high and low temperatures and rainfall per month:
Cairns: http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?we...=Cairns%2c+AUS

This one gives all the major cities on one page:
http://www.aboutaustralia.com/Weather.htm

This one gives the sea temperatures - this was important to us because we actually want to swim in it !
http://www.livingin-australia.com/se...-australia.htm
This site also has loads of other infomation too by the way...about the cities - pro's and con's on Brisbane for example and it has an interesting artical called :
Are you the sort of Person Who will settle successfully in Australia?

As you can see I am obsessed by the weather and this was a major part of research when deciding where to head to

Lots of info on Brisbane... http://www.ourbrisbane.com/

Happy dreaming everyone!

Loving the research! I'll certainly be reading all this whilst waiting for the rain to stop here
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:46 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Pretty bleak here today too - heavy grey clouds - thats why I am 'wishing my life away' like the rest of us! And its summer!!! ?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:33 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

wow we are getting quite how is every one doing having a good weekend I hope
Old Jul 13th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Baby75
wow we are getting quite how is every one doing having a good weekend I hope
After reading up, the rain stopped and it turned into a fantastic weekend!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:16 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Laura_TheGoose_Davies
After reading up, the rain stopped and it turned into a fantastic weekend!
I think its come to Australia spilling down again aaahhhhh were is the sun gone although Im glad its stopped back home At least I know it will stop and the sun will come out soon I hope
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

any one from jan applicants a nurse or teacher or going to melbourne???
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
I think its come to Australia spilling down again aaahhhhh were is the sun gone although Im glad its stopped back home At least I know it will stop and the sun will come out soon I hope
Sorry I missed you Niamh - have been busy all weekend.

Hope the sun comes out soon for you.

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
any one from jan applicants a nurse or teacher or going to melbourne???
Sorry, not me... but hi!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Hi All,

Back from very windy but very warm and sunny lanzarote, had a lovely time and wow haven't things started moving, only a couple of weeks from when we applied now so thats brill
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi All,

Back from very windy but very warm and sunny lanzarote, had a lovely time and wow haven't things started moving, only a couple of weeks from when we applied now so thats brill
Hi Beccie - glad you had a good holiday and came back to good news. Things are really moving fast now. Let's hope they continue this way!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Beccie - glad you had a good holiday and came back to good news. Things are really moving fast now. Let's hope they continue this way!!
I know it's amazing at this rate we'll here within the next few weeks

When you moving is it all exchanged now?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Two visa grants today on one a 136 MODL August app. Another 175 MODL Dec app. Lets see how many more this week.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beccie
I know it's amazing at this rate we'll here within the next few weeks

When you moving is it all exchanged now?
Not exchanged yet - I thought the buyer was being a bit optimistic. OH wants to stay in the Uk for another bloomin Christmas as he's just taken on another 6 month contract. So we're going into rented. Just going to have a look at one this morning.

You will be there in a month or 2 though!!! Exciting!!!

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Two visa grants today on one a 136 MODL August app. Another 175 MODL Dec app. Lets see how many more this week.
Thanks Annehe - I think there were 2 Novembers too!!!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Thanks Annehe - I think there were 2 Novembers too!!![/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed they'll be even more later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.