Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old May 8th 2008, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by kurrikurri
New South Wales, 2 hours north of Sydney. Our best friends live there. We have been out on holiday twice in 2 years and love it. We have done a bit of touring around Oz, flew up to Mackay and toured 1800 miles. Been to Melbourne, but not Adelaide.

Do you have friends or family out there? Have you visited?
All my remaining family are in Oz - NSW and QLD. Some of them live in Windsor - about 1 and half hour north from Sydney. Then some more are in Tarree about 5 hours north of Sydney. We are being sponsored by SA to go to adelaide - but might move to NSW after the 2 required years.

We have toured most of Oz - except NT. Been to Mackay too! Drove from there to Cairns.

Like you said, should have done it years ago!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

kurrikurri is on a distinguished road

You will have lots of places to go for holidays then! Let me know when you hear about your application. fingers crossed they go through them quickly!!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

You will have lots of places to go for holidays then! Let me know when you hear about your application. fingers crossed they go through them quickly!!
Yes, nice cheap holidays!

Just keep logging into this thread - we are all in the same boat.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WOW! Someone on the November thread has just got their visa!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...54#post6324854
Old May 8th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi every one And thanks so much for the well wishes your all great

well the news is ITS A GIRL

delighted what a great bonus all healthy and active

Kati You come and see me any time

On the flights didnt go well trying to get a good price plus we ran out of time had to go but we will book on line and it looks like the 3rd of June now but we know which ones we are going on so that good They all wanted the money up front and it was working out about a grand more than we were quoted for so didnt have that with us either but it will be grand and we will be off regardless

on and good note My friend Wendy got her visa today as well im so happy oh so happy

Ill rub a bit on the computer for every one else hope my good vibes help with house sales
Lovely a girl - congratulations
Old May 8th 2008, 9:12 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Yay!! good news - now it's just the waiting business and you're finished!!!

Sounds about right. People who applied in October are just starting to get their vias. There is a huge backlog of paper applications from last August and most staff are working on those...
Have you seen the November threat...someone who applied 18th Nov for 175 just got their visa! Now I am getting excited again!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:13 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debbie222
Have you seen the November threat...someone who applied 18th Nov for 175 just got their visa! Now I am getting excited again!
November THREAD not November THREAT!....lol
Old May 8th 2008, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know - only 2 weeks ahead of you and 475s are supposed to have priority!

I reckon you will hear next week!
Old May 8th 2008, 9:15 pm
Mrs Angry!

I know - only 2 weeks ahead of you and 475s are supposed to have priority!

I reckon you will hear next week!
NOW...I am excited....I didnt know that us 475ers were a priority...thats good news!

Debs
x
Old May 8th 2008, 10:14 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Helen - we all hope we will go straight to visa too. Although someone who applied on 30.11.07 got a CO today - so getting closer.

BE is a godsend and a lifeline. You'll be glad you found it!

We knew didn't we?

Well my viewer has been and gone, it was just the husband - no wife. She viewed the first time... He seemed to like it but was in and out quickly.. not sure...

EA chased the viewers yesterday who liked it - but their daughter had been in a car crash and so she thinks it will be a while before they think about moving again.

So I need all your thoughts concentrated on the people today - to make them put in a GOOD offer.
Really hope they come back with a good offer Nic - Especially if you were still on all fours when the viewer came.....................maybe i should re-word that

Thanks Naimh - over on the Feb thread, I had to go on all fours and spread 'em to get Mary and Mairead some viewers!!!!

She did indeed, very obliging
Old May 9th 2008, 7:12 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I hope so. We are so desperate to know one way or another. All we think about is Oz. We should have done it years ago, but we cannot turn back the clocks. We have had to get lots of references etc etc and my husband is working part time doing his roofing along with his factory job because we have our heart set on going out to Oz. Our house is at a standstill and we need to do work on it to put it on the market to sell.

Of course, Fingers crossed that we pass our medicals. Worried about that but hopefully they wont be too bad.
Think we all say that we would have loved to have been there by now but dont worry they are getting through them and I think less people applied Dec and JAn so hopefully that will stand to us Plus no hols so Im hoping we here something soon
Old May 9th 2008, 7:50 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Hi every one And thanks so much for the well wishes your all great

well the news is ITS A GIRL

Kati You come and see me any time
Great news!! Congrats on little princess Can't wait to meet

Our friend in oz keeps texting he cant wait for us to get there nice to be wanted
We have also people planning how to pick us up from the airport So wonderful people that I really feel welcome and can't wait to leave! 3 weeks You must be thrilled!

We're heading to mid July to leave. It seems like too quick for me too

Don't stress yourself too much and let others to the work. You need to take it easy remember. *orders*

Originally Posted by mrsterry
Hi guys, new to this site. We too applied online 24th January on a 176.

We live in hope.

Helenx
WELCOME Helen! It's nice to wait together Seems like the only people who truly understand me are here or other expat Finns already in Oz. So this is a good place to get off those steams and thoughts about migrating ...and waiting

Hi Mary Yep you and Nic were right im so happy Yea its Erieann My DH wants to spell it that way
What a sweet name

And a visa in Nov Getting excited!!!

Kati
Old May 9th 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

NOW...I am excited....I didnt know that us 475ers were a priority...thats good news!

Debs
x
I was told by an agent, that since we had to get State Sponsorship, they check a lot of things so the DIAC can fast forward through the assessment. Don't know if this is true... like to think it is.

Originally Posted by mary1967
Really hope they come back with a good offer Nic - Especially if you were still on all fours when the viewer came:l:.....................maybe i should re-word that::

PMSL - that's a different sort of offer and one I may have to consider if we can't sell this house!

She did indeed, very obliging:
I'm nothing if not flexible......

Think we all say that we would have loved to have been there by now but dont worry they are getting through them and I think less people applied Dec and JAn so hopefully that will stand to us Plus no hols so Im hoping we here something soon
Being a sad sort of person, I counted how many were in each month and surpringly, there were more in Dec than either Nov or Jan and there were more in Nov than Jan. So we were wrong, there aren't more Jan applicants, we are just more chatty. Hopefully when they get to Jan, things will fly through. (Especially as I am at the start of Jan!) Beccie is the first - being Jan the 1st.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:37 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Being a sad sort of person, I counted how many were in each month and surpringly, there were more in Dec than either Nov or Jan and there were more in Nov than Jan. So we were wrong, there aren't more Jan applicants, we are just more chatty. Hopefully when they get to Jan, things will fly through. (Especially as I am at the start of Jan!) Beccie is the first - being Jan the 1st.[/QUOTE]

I kinda did the same I think i confused you I meant the same thing less applications and yep we never stay quite all good though

Thats a ray of big fat hope for us isnt it with that visa in November our have to be soon with out all the hol in between that the other visa had to wait through I hope any way
Old May 9th 2008, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I kinda did the same I think i confused you I meant the same thing less applications and yep we never stay quite all good though

Thats a ray of big fat hope for us isnt it with that visa in November our have to be soon with out all the hol in between that the other visa had to wait through I hope any way
Afternoon Niamh, hope you're feeling better today.

Yes, lots of hope - I'm sure our visas will start arriving by the middle of June. Mary will be first!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.