Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks for taking the time to post all that Debs!

It doesn't sound too bad apart from the bit about ops. I had an op when I was 6 weeks old and another 2 when I was 5 and 6. When I had my daughter they tried to get hold of my operation notes from the hospitals where I had the ops, but they had been lost. I had a C section with my daughter too.

The meds Dr asked for our full medical history and our GP sumaries 3 weeks ago. They phoned once to ask for a letter from our daughter's surgeon as she had an op when a couple of years ago. I pointed out that I had already supplied this and they said everything was fine. So I hope they won't ask for more medical info. To be honest, if the first op had failed, I would be dead, so it was obviously successful. The other 2 were minor.

Currently I am running to the loo every 5 mins as someone told me to drink 2 litres of water a day for 5 days before the meds to clear the waterworks out. Blinkin heck, the things we'll do

Would somebody mind telling me how long the meds last as I have to be home for this house viewing and hope I won't be stuck there all morning.

Good luck Beccie, Debs and Karen. Hopefully our meds will all be cleared at about the same time.
OOO ER BIT CONCERNED I DO LIKE A LARGE GLASS OF WINE NOW AND AGAIN (NOW MORE THAN AGAIN) HOPE I GET ON OK ILL HAVE TO HAVE A DAY OF

GOOD LUCK TO ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND (SURE ILL BE BACK B4 MONDAY!!)
KARENX
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Our meds took an hour for xrays (3 taken) and 2 hours for the exams (5 of us). We both had a drink the night before (1/2 bottle of wine in my case) and were fine, just drank lots of water between glasses and lots the next day.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
Our meds took an hour for xrays (3 taken) and 2 hours for the exams (5 of us). We both had a drink the night before (1/2 bottle of wine in my case) and were fine, just drank lots of water between glasses and lots the next day.
Thanks Nikil! wse've already had our xrays. They should be with the examining Dr when we get there. There are 3 of us so we are looking at a bit less than 2 hours then. Hopefully - God, I wish I'd never agreed to this house viewing, I will be stressing the whole time that we won't be out in time. Have to take DD back to school on the other side of town inbetween too.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikil! wse've already had our xrays. They should be with the examining Dr when we get there. There are 3 of us so we are looking at a bit less than 2 hours then. Hopefully - God, I wish I'd never agreed to this house viewing, I will be stressing the whole time that we won't be out in time. Have to take DD back to school on the other side of town inbetween too.
OH's kids all had the day off school for them - we had a major drive to get to ours. Might be easier to give her the day off unless she's got something important she'll miss. Less stress for you that way, you've got enough with the viewing - best of luck with that btw!

Niki xx
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:36 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Thanks for taking the time to post all that Debs!

It doesn't sound too bad apart from the bit about ops. I had an op when I was 6 weeks old and another 2 when I was 5 and 6. When I had my daughter they tried to get hold of my operation notes from the hospitals where I had the ops, but they had been lost. I had a C section with my daughter too.

The meds Dr asked for our full medical history and our GP sumaries 3 weeks ago. They phoned once to ask for a letter from our daughter's surgeon as she had an op when a couple of years ago. I pointed out that I had already supplied this and they said everything was fine. So I hope they won't ask for more medical info. To be honest, if the first op had failed, I would be dead, so it was obviously successful. The other 2 were minor.

Currently I am running to the loo every 5 mins as someone told me to drink 2 litres of water a day for 5 days before the meds to clear the waterworks out. Blinkin heck, the things we'll do

Would somebody mind telling me how long the meds last as I have to be home for this house viewing and hope I won't be stuck there all morning.

Good luck Beccie, Debs and Karen. Hopefully our meds will all be cleared at about the same time.
Well, we were all there for 8:30am and ut was all over for 10:00am and that was including x-rays, so you wont be that long!

Debs
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
OH's kids all had the day off school for them - we had a major drive to get to ours. Might be easier to give her the day off unless she's got something important she'll miss. Less stress for you that way, you've got enough with the viewing - best of luck with that btw!

Niki xx
Thanks Niki!

Our appointment is 9am and we only live 20 mins away - so at least we don't have a long drive or hopefully a wait. Not sure if keeping her off will help or not. I was hoping to come back and do a final tidy without her in the house. I might be able to get my OH to take her back to school - although he is bound to find a reason why he can't.

I really feel like changing the viewing, but don't want to piss the woman off.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by debbie222
Well, we were all there for 8:30am and ut was all over for 10:00am and that was including x-rays, so you wont be that long!

Debs
That sounds promising - we should be out by 10.30 then - 3/4 hour round trip to school, home by 11.15. Viewing at 1.30. that's doable.

Sorry Debs, forgot to ask if you managed to drag your daughter in for the meds. I presume you did!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beccie
I wouldn't worry we downed a bottle of champagne yesterday for breakfast and we were fine
When we went for our Meds the doctor looked at the form for my husband and said" youv'e got a drink problem" my husband blushed and the doctor said" the problem is you don't drink enough" (He actually only has a drink at Christmas - unlike me!)
The doctor was really funny and put us all at ease.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

alexa7 will become famous soon enoughalexa7 will become famous soon enough

how long did everyone have to wait for their pcc's? we sent to the local police dept around mid jan and they are still not back! did the meds around that time and it's already in sydney but pcc's are still not here!!! they cashed the cheque though so i guess it's moving...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alexa7
how long did everyone have to wait for their pcc's? we sent to the local police dept around mid jan and they are still not back! did the meds around that time and it's already in sydney but pcc's are still not here!!! they cashed the cheque though so i guess it's moving...
Must be if the cheque's cashed. Don't worry, the waiting is the difficult part.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Same for us Alexa - they quote up to 40 days for return. So don't worry just yet.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:27 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours were dead on 40 days but we had to send them to London for processing (we live in Merseyside).
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Mine also took just under 40 days, hope you get them soon.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:44 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Yep, ours took 39 days back in December. They do usually get them back within the 40 days I think.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:41 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

That sounds promising - we should be out by 10.30 then - 3/4 hour round trip to school, home by 11.15. Viewing at 1.30. that's doable.

Sorry Debs, forgot to ask if you managed to drag your daughter in for the meds. I presume you did!
Yep, she went to the meds and was ok about it all.....she also had the best part of £60 out of me as well!

Debs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.