From The Jam

Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:02 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default From The Jam

Anyone going on Tuesday night?
I've heard great reviews..
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:53 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: From The Jam

Saw them on Wednesday in Brisbane, they were awesome. Seriously toyed with the idea of going down to Sydney to see them down there on Friday, but the OH just did not understand!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adriang
Saw them on Wednesday in Brisbane, they were awesome. Seriously toyed with the idea of going down to Sydney to see them down there on Friday, but the OH just did not understand!
We were there too mate .Didn't that gadgy sound very much like Mr Weller?Truly a great night out !
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:17 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
We were there too mate .Didn't that gadgy sound very much like Mr Weller?Truly a great night out !
I'd have gone if it was Weller but can't get into the idea of going to see people who aren't who they are supposed to be.

One of the good things about Aus is lots of free good music in pubs with live singers, many of whom can really sing, instead of just jukebox's or screens.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adriang

Would have gone if they had played 2 weeks later What is the Tivoli like as a venue, noticed there is a quite a few decent gigs there.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Would have gone if they had played 2 weeks later What is the Tivoli like as a venue, noticed there is a quite a few decent gigs there.
Tis a very intimate venue as opposed to the likes of the entertainment centre with maybe a capacity of about 1.5 to 2 thousand tops i would have thought spread over 2 floors and probably no more than 40-50 meters from any where in the audotorium to the stage.Bit like a uni joint in my opinion !Oh yes and it has a BAR Anyone know anything about the Arena where the Stereophonics are playing ?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Tis a very intimate venue as opposed to the likes of the entertainment centre with maybe a capacity of about 1.5 to 2 thousand tops i would have thought spread over 2 floors and probably no more than 40-50 meters from any where in the audotorium to the stage.Bit like a uni joint in my opinion !Oh yes and it has a BAR Anyone know anything about the Arena where the Stereophonics are playing ?

Sounds good that, hopefully make it to a few gigs there myself when i get over there.

When and where are the Stereophonics playing mate?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:46 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

I was there last wednesday at the Tivoli with a few mates.
Best gig I've ever seen.
They played a great set including some of my favorite all time tracks that unless your a fan of The Jam you wouldn't have even heard ( thinking Pretty Green,In the crowd,To be someone, It's to bad & Private hell )
Loads of old Mods like myself there,Fred Perrys and Ben Shermans were the order of the day!
The encore of Down The Tubestation had the place rocking, as did Start and Thats Entertainment & Eton Rifles.
Truly great to see them and if I had the chance to see them again I would without doubt.
Tivoli is a great venue,couple of bars and it's air conned!
Never mind the fact Weller isn't there,if you get the chance go see them you should,you may never get another chance to see one of the finest bands England has ever produced.
A solid 10/10 in my book
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I was there last wednesday at the Tivoli with a few mates.
Best gig I've ever seen.
They played a great set including some of my favorite all time tracks that unless your a fan of The Jam you wouldn't have even heard ( thinking Pretty Green,In the crowd,To be someone, It's to bad & Private hell )
Loads of old Mods like myself there,Fred Perrys and Ben Shermans were the order of the day!
The encore of Down The Tubestation had the place rocking, as did Start and Thats Entertainment & Eton Rifles.
Truly great to see them and if I had the chance to see them again I would without doubt.
Tivoli is a great venue,couple of bars and it's air conned!
Never mind the fact Weller isn't there,if you get the chance go see them you should,you may never get another chance to see one of the finest bands England has ever produced.
A solid 10/10 in my book
Only disappointment so to speak for me was the lack of "THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT " unfortunately as it's my 2nd fav to Malice !)Couldn't put my finger on the reason why only to say the last couple of times i've seen Weller the only only ex Jam song he would do was funnily enough " THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT "You ever been to the Arena in the city mate ?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Did anybody go to see Ian Brown today/yesterday @ The tivoli?

Not the best singing voice live, but it doesn't matter when you've had a few beers and he starts reeling out the old roses classics.

Surely a few expats made it!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds good that, hopefully make it to a few gigs there myself when i get over there.

When and where are the Stereophonics playing mate?
Friday 9th may at the Arena in the Valley mate
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did anybody go to see Ian Brown today/yesterday @ The tivoli?

Not the best singing voice live, but it doesn't matter when you've had a few beers and he starts reeling out the old roses classics.

Surely a few expats made it!!
Never went there but Suzi Quatro's on soon so might have a meaner along to see her !
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:45 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Brill, brill and brill, not got much of a voice this morning!