Jade Goody

Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:39 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by bigAPE
the media are making a hell of a lot more from the nations obsession with this.
I don't think the nation is obsessed with this. I don't know anyone who is in the slightest bit interested. Don't assume that what you see on the front pages of certain papers reflect the majority of the population. In fact most of the newspapers on sale today did not cover it. I get them at work so I see a good range.

Did she really do a blow job on tv? I missed that one
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:43 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

And don't get me wrong, either. I have every sympathy for anyone dealing with cancer. But I'm not going to get hysterical about it.

I am just intrigued that someone who appeared in a crap voyeuristic TV show for a bunch of peeping Toms (or Tomasinas) can become more famous than, say, George Orwell. This is nothing to do with Jade Goody, and good luck to her. It's you lot that fascinate me.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:53 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Did she really do a blow job on tv? I missed that one
Sorry, I thought that was the point wasn't it. If not that then what exactly is she so famous for ? Does she play football, is she married to a footballer, was she once a weather girl, been in a film with her norks out, been in a pop band ? That's about it these days isn't it, so if she's not one of these then I don't get why she's in the papers.

Originally Posted by Burbage
And don't get me wrong, either. I have every sympathy for anyone dealing with cancer. But I'm not going to get hysterical about it.
This is my point. As I mentioned in another thread, while Jade was on the front page just for walking out of a hospital the greatest breakthrough in cancer research for a hundred years by French and English scientists was reported in a few lines towards the back of the paper.

Society has it's basis for celebrity arse backwards. Perhaps if we valued intelligence more than breast size our nation would be in a better state.

Last edited by bigAPE; Mar 16th 2009 at 9:56 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

is she so famous for ? Does she play football, is she married to a footballer, was she once a weather girl, been in a film with her norks out, been in a pop band ? That's about it these days isn't it, so if she's not one of these then I don't get why she's in the papers.

and all of these get publicity and so does Jade....your point is?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in the UK for the last 9 days and haven't heard or seen anything about JG...apart from what I've read on the internet.

The reason she's getting more publicity than say George Orwell is because it is now 2009...the age of cyber publicity.

IMO she seems to have raised the awareness of cervical cancer and that can only be a good thing. Jade is only a few years younger than my father when he died of cancer...anyone who can raise money or awareness of this terrible disease gets my vote of approval.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've been in the UK for the last 9 days and haven't heard or seen anything about JG...apart from what I've read on the internet.

The reason she's getting more publicity than say George Orwell is because it is now 2009...the age of cyber publicity.

IMO she seems to have raised the awareness of cervical cancer and that can only be a good thing. Jade is only a few years younger than my father when he died of cancer...anyone who can raise money or awareness of this terrible disease gets my vote of approval.
And my vote the more awareness the better
Old Mar 17th 2009, 3:37 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE

I don't personally feel that this is showing respect for her. Will there be a cameraman to photograph her dying breath, will it be televised?
rumours have it :-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...televised.html

Quote :- "She has also chosen celebrity undertakers F. A. Albin & Sons from ITV1 documentary Don't Drop The Coffin"
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:47 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the abusive karma, Icarus. Nice touch.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Oooh. Outing! . . . . I like it!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:54 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
If every atom in the universe were a pixel that could be turned either on or off to collectively form an image, it would still not be enough pixels to form enough rolleyes to express what utter and complete morons some of you guys are . You have been had by the Max Clifford effect .

Cancer is the killer , focus on that & not some racist chav & maybe ... just maybe it can be beaten .

oh yeah ... have a great day
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Icarus
If every atom in the universe were a pixel that could be turned either on or off to collectively form an image, it would still not be enough pixels to form enough rolleyes to express what utter and complete morons some of you guys are . You have been had by the Max Clifford effect .

Cancer is the killer , focus on that & not some racist chav & maybe ... just maybe it can be beaten .

Do you have to be sooo nasty,there really is no need.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I agree to some extent but the woman is still a young mother who is leaving behind her sons. She maybe a chav racist and Max Clifford is well, Max Clifford but we can still have a little empathy for her situation.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Can you not even grasp the concept of any sort advertising of the benefits of screening can potentially be life saving? The 'Jade effect' could potentially save someones life, it could even be someone who is close to you.
I don't necessarily like all of the hype but I am intelligent enough to understand that it can highlight the message to some people.
You really are bitter, my advise to you is to try and get over it
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest it has made me go for a check up!

So at least her illness has given me the push I needed to stop work for 5 mins and get checked out.

I hope this does the same for other people.

lace x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:35 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree to some extent but the woman is still a young mother who is leaving behind her sons. She maybe a chav racist and Max Clifford is well, Max Clifford but we can still have a little empathy for her situation.
Me too - i don't have any problem with Max Clifford either and i don't know why other people do - any celeb that takes him on board are fully aware of who he is, what he does and what he gains from it!

My heart goes out to Jade's mum and especially her two boys

I don't like Jade, but from what i seen, she was a loving, doting mother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.