Jade Goody

Old Feb 26th 2009, 6:18 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Just saw this article on the BBC website, interesting on the subject of screening and the possible downside, thought people might like to read...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7910011.stm
this relates to breast cancer screeening and therefore has no relevance to cervical cancer. No screening process is infalible, without it though more people would die
Old Feb 26th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JenJen
I feel really sorry for anyone who cannot feel any sympathy in they're hearts for someone in this situation.
Naturally everyone has an opinion and naturally you're not going to agree with the way everyone does things or lives they're life but it's your own life and those that are close to you that truly matters to you and yours.
Why feel sorry for them? That's a strange thing to say. They are probably saving all their emotions for those close to them (as you say in the last paragraph it's those people that matter) instead of someone who they have never met.

If everyone concentrated on doing right by their own nearest and dearest, instead of chasing every detail of ""Celebrities" I'm sure the UK would be a better and happier place.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spilko
Why feel sorry for them? That's a strange thing to say. They are probably saving all their emotions for those close to them (as you say in the last paragraph it's those people that matter) instead of someone who they have never met.

If everyone concentrated on doing right by their own nearest and dearest, instead of chasing every detail of ""Celebrities" I'm sure the UK would be a better and happier place.
I think what you've said is an odd thing to say and tbh I think it's all getting a bit too personal but lets not argue over it.
To be honest my point was if ppl want to start a thread in support of anyone celebrity or not if you don't agree with it fine have your opinion but you don't have to post it when it'll obviously cause controversy.
The original poster felt strongly about it to post as did several othes who felt the same, i'm sure there are causes an thing they don't agree with.
Perhaps the UK/ World would be a better place if sometimes we looked at things an moved on without commenting.
If ppl spent less time surfing the internet they'd prob do better by they're nearest an dearest, I think its about having a healthy balance of family focus an other interests whatever they may be.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by dickchap
I quite liked Jade Goody. She had a crap childhood and a TV programme turned her life around. OK she is famous for nothing in particular but she lives for her kids everything she does and every penny she earns is for her kids. Her kids have a fantastic mother and unfortunately their mother is going to be taken away from them. It's heartbreaking.

My mum died 2 years ago to cervical cancer. She felt ill, started being sick, went to the doctors, they told her it was a bug. When it didn't pass they gave her some tablets to try and ease the sickness. They didn't work. They ran some tests, came back clear. She got worse. Went to hospital, they sent her home after putting her on drip for 24 hours. Went back to hospital still being sick and in pain. Cut a long story short it was found she had cervical cancer and needed a full hysterectomy. She went down to theater the next day. They opened her up and just closed her up again. The cancer was everywhere. She passed away 24hours later.

From what I understand, Jade had been complaining of symptons for 3 years. The hospital didn't pick it up. And for 3 years it went undetected!

Please, please, please everyone keep their appointments for smear tests etc. You know your own body. If you don't feel right, get it checked out.

Stay healthy.
I quite agree all of you ladies out there MUST go for regular screening I too had CC in 2005 it was detected on a routine smear, I am lucky that it was early stages and after a radical hysterectomy I am 100% recovered with ongoing 12 monthly checks.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:43 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

IS'nt there now a compulsary cervical cancer vacination for all schoolgirls in OZ, will they do the same in the UK.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JenJen
To be honest my point was if ppl want to start a thread in support of anyone celebrity or not if you don't agree with it fine have your opinion but you don't have to post it when it'll obviously cause controversy.
The original poster felt strongly about it to post as did several othes who felt the same, i'm sure there are causes an thing they don't agree with.
Debates on this site would be very dull if only one side of any debate was posted. Opinions are there to given, people can choose to ignore them or not.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
IS'nt there now a compulsary cervical cancer vacination for all schoolgirls in OZ, will they do the same in the UK.
It's not compulsory but recommended and the opportunity is there to take up the offer. Judging by the number of girls who had the vaccination at our High School I would imagine it's a very high take up. No idea about the UK though.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
I thought they had started it in the UK
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

How's Jade doing? Any one heard?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:00 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

She went into St Clare's hospice yesterday for the weekend as she had areally bad night on Thursday. But the reports out yesterday said they had change her pain medications and she had a much better night on Friday. She is hoping to get herself and her boys christened next Saturday so fingers crossed she will be well enough to do this.

Kerry.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
How's Jade doing? Any one heard?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-a-month.html

Whatever you read, it doesn't look good
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Taffaroo will become famous soon enoughTaffaroo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Except for 'brown love' though......

No need to be racist mate!!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffaroo
No need to be racist mate!!!
Your mind clearly doesn't sink as low as the rest of us. I think he was referring to people taking it up the arse!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by northernbird
Your mind clearly doesn't sink as low as the rest of us. I think he was referring to people taking it up the arse!
Tell it how it is C, why don't you
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Tell it how it is C, why don't you
Sorry mate but we are all adults here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.