Jade Goody

Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jade Goody

seems to be the common link between the vast majority of us on here.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Safin
seems to be the common link between the vast majority of us on here.
Agreed. It must be extremly hard for her knowing she will not see her children grow up.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:29 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Agreed. It must be extremly hard for her knowing she will not see her children grow up.
I know, i feel sorry for her as she didn't have much in her life, went on BB (i hate that bloody programme btw) then worked her ass off to acquire her wealth and apart from a few hiccups, turned out to be quite a nice lassie after all.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:32 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
When I spoke to my doctors about having a smear, they said I had to see the doctor for a full examination. In London our nurse did it and you never saw the doctor, I dont know why my doctor wants to see me.

Also, in WA you have a mammogram over the age of 40 years old - even with no history of BC, Im having mine done free in 2 weeeks. IN the UK, they said I had to wait till I was 50.

Is it due to funding that they wont do it in the UK before 50, is it because it is bad for you? I wonder why they do it over 40 in WA (with no history of BC)

Anyway, Ill see the GP for my smear and full examination, Ive just never heard of seeing a doctor before.
I have a check every year because there is a history, mammogram every 2nd year. If you ask for one you will get it!

Carol
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

blueeyes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Yes the risk is higher the more partners you have, but it worries me that the general assumption is that if you have CC you must have slept around with multiple partners. It only takes one man, one time to pass on the virus. The same way it can take one time to get pregnant
Exactly... I have to agree this topic is beginning to get extremely personal about a girl who is dying.

Don't get me wrong, Jade is definately not my favourite person in the world but the very sad truth is she is a young girl who's made mistakes (must be grand to be you perfect people out there who never make any!) and her kids will be robbed of a mother at a tragically young age.

She has CC. She's got this terrible disease and is going to die soon. She is one of the many young girls out there suffering.
What does it matter how she got it??
Would the furore on here be the same if the disase were different - HIV for example - would she still be a slapper then?? Its amazing how ignorance changes over the years isnt it??
Or what would the responses be if she were pregnant instead? People around her would be celebrating instead - but the sad truth is just like Sue says - it takes 1 mistake for this to happen - just like it does to get pregnant.

The screening asks for women to have smears when they become sexually active - not - dependant on how many partners you have.

That means girls that it can happen to nearly anyone of us!

Oh, and my great Aunt who was a virgin when she met my Great Uncle died (childless) at the grand old age of 66 of cervical cancer, having only ever having sex with one man her whole life

I repeat - anyone of us - those who want to judge.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:41 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blueeyes1
Exactly... I have to agree this topic is beginning to get extremely personal about a girl who is dying.

Don't get me wrong, Jade is definately not my favourite person in the world but the very sad truth is she is a young girl who's made mistakes (must be grand to be you perfect people out there who never make any!) and her kids will be robbed of a mother at a tragically young age.

She has CC. She's got this terrible disease and is going to die soon. She is one of the many young girls out there suffering.
Would the furore on here be the same if the disase were different - HIV for example - would she still be a slapper then?? Its amazing how ignorance changes over the years isnt it??
Or what would the responses be if she were pregnant instead? People around her would be celebrating instead - but the sad truth is just like Sue says - it takes 1 mistake for this to happen - just like it does to get pregnant.

The screening asks for women to have smears when they become sexually active - not - dependant on how many partners you have.

Oh, and my great Aunt who was a virgin when she met my Great Uncle died (childless) at the grand old age of 66 of cervical cancer, having only ever having sex with one man her whole life

huh where does it actually say anyone called her a slapper? it always amazes me that people read posts it goes off topic for a while and then they jump on posting about something that was never posted, suggest you read again!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:43 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
I am not posting this with my administrators hat on, but rather as a fellow female who has a vested interest in the topic of CC. I am rather disturbed by the direction of this thread. Are some assuming that you have to have slept around to get CC? If so that is a misleading train of thought imho, and one of the reasons why the topic of CC is not as widely discussed, as say, Breast Cancer etc.

Sue
erm no!! it only takes one sexual encounter. Think the thread got derailed for a while suggest you reread. My point is if women can happily have sex and give birth why cant they accept responisbility for their health and have smears? This was then taken that i had called all women slappers when in fact i did not ....jeeze!!!

after that someone suggested the link between multiple partners and CVC. Actually this is pretty true for most things but as someone pointed out you could get the virus from your first partner. So while your more at risk the more partners you have its not exclusive to this senario.

Last edited by ozzieclare2b; Feb 24th 2009 at 7:48 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
.......... Think the thread got derailed for a while ........
That's why I was trying to clarify. As you noted the thread did go off track for a bit and got very confusing, so I was a little worried that some would assume the wrong thing.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

erm no!! it only takes one sexual encounter. Think the thread got derailed for a while suggest you reread. My point is if women can happily have sex and give birth why cant they accept responisbility for their health and have smears?

Here Here, As i have already said, there are lots of very highly fully qualified nurses on this site with over many yrs of experiance, Who are aware that pap testing saves life.

And that is the point Jade Goody is trying to make,With her bit of fame, its real it can happen to anyone, And i do belive many young girls will look at her photo's and news articles, and now go get a smear test done, something that was maybe not on there list of things to do before.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yes and I find that sort of attitude to young women offensive, if a bloke said it he'd be called a sexist pig....
I think you might be taking it the wrong way. To add balance I know that a lot of young lads are happy to whip it out at the drop of a hat, but I bet they would be embarrased about being examined for testicular cancer.

I do think that there is a bit of a gap in the education of young women and men when it comes to personal health. I bet they know more about aids and stds than they do about cancers. Sadly, what information they receives sometimes depends on which disease is flavour of the month and deserving of government funding.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blueeyes1

This thread isn't about an anonymous person getting cancer. As it specifically mentions Jade Goody its reasonable to assume that people will post their opinions of Jade Goody. BE is a place for opinions and lets face it, this girl has put some very embarrassing stuff out about herself into the public domain. As I have said in my previous post, she really gets on my nerves and her fame is a sad reflection on how the media is going these days blah blah blah. AND I am very sad that she has cancer.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

erm no!! it only takes one sexual encounter. Think the thread got derailed for a while suggest you reread. My point is if women can happily have sex and give birth why cant they accept responisbility for their health and have smears? This was then taken that i had called all women slappers when in fact i did not ....jeeze!!!

after that someone suggested the link between multiple partners and CVC. Actually this is pretty true for most things but as someone pointed out you could get the virus from your first partner. So while your more at risk the more partners you have its not exclusive to this senario.
I happily have sex and have given birth yet I'm not eligible for a smear test as I'm too young. In the UK you have to be 25. So in some cases it not women not taking responsibilty, it's just not something that is made available to women of my age, which is 22 btw.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I am not posting this with my administrators hat on, but rather as a fellow female who has a vested interest in the topic of CC. I am rather disturbed by the direction of this thread. Are some assuming that you have to have slept around to get CC? If so that is a misleading train of thought imho, and one of the reasons why the topic of CC is not as widely discussed, as say, Breast Cancer etc.

Sue
Not at all, I can understand how you might have thought that. Someone commented on how young girls didn't mind spreading their legs for sex but were not quite so happy to spread for a pap spear.

As someone who lost their mother to cancer I have nothing but sympathy for Jade and her family at this horrific time.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

If I'm being brutally honest I wasn't a fan of Jades when she was on Big Brother or during the fame she found straight after.
We have occasionally watched the programs of parts of her life over the last few years when little else has been on the tv but was never really a fan.

It's funny cause my hubby actually bought me BIg Brother 3 on dvd as I laughed my arse off through most of it, and Big Brother hasn't really had that interest (from me anyway) since then, we watched it at the weekend and while I can remember now why Jade grated on me then I watched it and felt a bit sad, things could have been so very different for her now in many ways.

Unless you're a completely heartless human being anyone (with the exception of nasty criminals - of which i'm afraid I have no sympathy) suffering with any sort of disease or illness which severly affects they're life or is terminal pulls at the heart strings of most people.
If you don't want to know about it or don't agree with what she's doing don't watch it, don't read it and don't listen to it or DO and then just let it go over your head, change the channel when she comes on, don't read the articles etc etc, you have that choice.

Living tv are showing a few of her most recent documentaries and they were really heart wrenching and I watch them now with a different view - there she is hugging her kids and playing with her kids and trying to keep the kids disciplined and grounded and you see how much those boys adore her and they're faces light up when they are with her it really does leave a lump in your throat that soon those boys won't have that anymore - before I get jumped on here I'm sure they're dad isn't useless but from what I understand he has never been the main carer and spent much less time with them than she has.

I think although accidents and sudden deaths are horrific it must be awful to be given a timer if you will, to know that very soon you won't see, touch, or speak to those that you loved and cared about, for everyone else life will go on but you won't be a part of it, as a parent I think you can relate and think about how distraught you would feel and how fragile life is, what will happen to those we love and care about when we're gone? will they be ok? and while this happens to non celebrities daily, the fact that Jade is a celebrity and we see whats happening to her and those around her makes us feel it could so easily be one of us?

I feel really sorry for anyone who cannot feel any sympathy in they're hearts for someone in this situation.
Naturally everyone has an opinion and naturally you're not going to agree with the way everyone does things or lives they're life but it's your own life and those that are close to you that truly matters to you and yours.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I happily have sex and have given birth yet I'm not eligible for a smear test as I'm too young. In the UK you have to be 25. So in some cases it not women not taking responsibilty, it's just not something that is made available to women of my age, which is 22 btw.

This is beacuse it is extremely rare in under 25 year olds, but you can ask for one if you are particularly concerned.

http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/ce....html#eligible

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.