Jade Goody

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by milly123
My understanding of a smear test, its a necessary by all who have been involved in sexual relations, As there are many very very highly qualified nurses on this web site i am sure most will agree.
With reference to jade goody , like or dislike she is a young mother who is going to die, That brings home how bad life can be to anyone.

Slapper , I am totaly old fashioned, Drop them to many times, with no relationships to show for it, Sleep with someones partner,

And I Dont Live In A Glass House, Mine Is full Brick.
Yay, back on topic.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Would you judge a fat person if you (maybe you are) slim? Surely they should just stop eating so much and taking some exercise, lazy fat b*****ds - is that ok to judge?
What do you mean by judge? Is it having a negative opinion? Should we all think good thoughts?

Do you seriously believe that the majority of thin people don't think that about fat people? Or that the majority of smart neat people don't think that sort of thing about very messy, scruffy people for example?

Humans are a herding species. They will always stick to what is familiar and similar to themselves.

Just because we have views/judgements/opinions doesn't make us bad and you can't take those away from people, especially if those views/judements etc remain in their head or are expressed as part of a discussion like this.

Live and let live is about actions not thoughts
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Yes but they are YOUR standards, not others, so why should you feel the need to judge others because their 'standards' are not the same as yours? What about just accepting that people are different. Would you judge a fat person if you (maybe you are) slim? Surely they should just stop eating so much and taking some exercise, lazy fat b*****ds - is that ok to judge?
There is a difference between judging someone and not agreeing with a particular behaviour. I grew up believing that promiscuity was frowned upon. If someone wants to sleep around, it is indeed their right as an individual to do that. It is my right as an individual to have an opposing view. For the record most fat people just have to eat less and take more exercise and indeed are lazy fat bastards!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:24 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
There is a difference between judging someone and not agreeing with a particular behaviour. I grew up believing that promiscuity was frowned upon. If someone wants to sleep around, it is indeed their right as an individual to do that. It is my right as an individual to have an opposing view. For the record most fat people just have to eat less and take more exercise and indeed are lazy fat bastards!
I think w had the same mother. Iwas brought up catholic and was told id burn in hell.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:49 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
excuse me NB! i resemble that remark!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
I think w had the same mother. Iwas brought up catholic and was told id burn in hell.
I will get a fire extinguisher,
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:19 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by milly123
I will get a fire extinguisher,
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:02 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

What does it matter ey? The poor lassie is gonnae die young and leave her two wee boys without their mother - it's such a bloody shame.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I am not posting this with my administrators hat on, but rather as a fellow female who has a vested interest in the topic of CC. I am rather disturbed by the direction of this thread. Are some assuming that you have to have slept around to get CC? If so that is a misleading train of thought imho, and one of the reasons why the topic of CC is not as widely discussed, as say, Breast Cancer etc.

Sue
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:59 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

From what i can remember when reading about it a few years back, you are at an increased risk of developing cc the more partners you have - although i never worked out what the difference was - 20 different lovers or sex 20 times with your old man
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:04 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
From what i can remember when reading about it a few years back, you are at an increased risk of developing cc the more partners you have - although i never worked out what the difference was - 20 different lovers or sex 20 times with your old man
Yes the risk is higher the more partners you have, but it worries me that the general assumption is that if you have CC you must have slept around with multiple partners. It only takes one man, one time to pass on the virus. The same way it can take one time to get pregnant
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

If you have had sex (even once) then you are at risk. Obviously, the more partners you have the higher the chance you will be exposed to the virus that can cause CC.

The debate was if you were sexually active then it is advisable to have pap smears done but some of those who fall into this category (possibly or possible not known as slappers) decline to do so.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Safin
If you have had sex (even once) then you are at risk. Obviously, the more partners you have the higher the chance you will be exposed to the virus that can cause CC.

The debate was if you were sexually active then it is advisable to have pap smears done but some of those who fall into this category (possibly or possible not known as slappers) decline to do so.
I still can't get over that - 'pap smear' lol when i first visited the docs here, they asked me the last time i had a pap smear - well i nearly fell off the chair in hysterics - in Scotland some blokes use paps as slang for boobs!!! i just thought it was so funny but the female doc didn't seem very amused so i ended up having one of those 'oh god i feel crazy now' moments
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I am not posting this with my administrators hat on, but rather as a fellow female who has a vested interest in the topic of CC. I am rather disturbed by the direction of this thread. Are some assuming that you have to have slept around to get CC? If so that is a misleading train of thought imho, and one of the reasons why the topic of CC is not as widely discussed, as say, Breast Cancer etc.

Sue
I'm also rather disturbed by some of the comments.
I'm currently visiting my niece, who is a fairly immature (in the puberty way of speaking) 13 year old, and who has been seeing images of Jade on the TV, and listening to school gossip. She asked if Jade had "that kind of cancer and everyone hated her because she was nasty on Big Brother and had lots of boyfriends". I explained that she has cancer and she is dying, and while I don't agree with things like having her weddings photos everywhere, its very sad, and it may make people more aware of why she is dying.
She has no idea really about what cervical cancer is, she wouldn't understand if I tried to tell her what that kind of cancer is, as she isn't that developed physically or emotionally, and I can now see that there's a fair chance she will always associate it with the image of girls who sleep around and have a bad name, which is just so so wrong. Breast cancer means something to her as she now has her first girlie bra, but beyond that is a mystery at present.

And on a purely "me" level I watched Jade on BB, I had no time for her then as I disliked her views and her personality, but when I heard her story my heart went out to her as a woman and as part of a family. It could happen to any one of us women, regardless of our lifestyle and background.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:17 pm

I have to agree with you - i am not a Jade fan either, but my heart also goes out to her and those poor boys of hers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.