Jade Goody

Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by spartacus
My father had a Ford Angular, if that's any help?
Does it fly?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:02 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
My father had a Ford Angular, if that's any help?
So did mine! Was it that lovely pale blue with a cream roof? Ours was.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
So did mine! Was it that lovely pale blue with a cream roof? Ours was.
No, a rather sporty red.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spilko
If I had a few weeks to live I'm sure I wouldn't feel anything about what strangers were thinking.. And I'm sure she doesn't now, she has enough to cope with.

And lets face it she has never really cared what people thought, apart from when she was considered a racist and her career was threatened.
That makes it OK to say something that is so insensitive......ignorance is bliss
jacqui
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:05 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spilko
Read carefully. Where did I say she deserves anything. Don't put your own spin on other peoples words.
I didn't say that either. I was asking a question.

Whether or not I know the person I still feel very sad when I find out anyone has cancer.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I have dipped in and out of this thread along the way and am interested how it appears that when somebody becomes terminally ill it's a crime to say that you either didn't like them or that you don't have sympathy.

Yes, of course I feel sorry for anyone who has terminal cancer. Its an evil thing made even worse by her leaving behind a young family. There, that is how I feel about somebody having cancer.

However, I really don't like Jade Goody. Any tv show featuring her contributes to "dumbing down" and, imo, gives kids the wrong idea i.e. if you are talentless and a bit thick all you have to do is flash your tits on a tv reality show and you have hit the jackpot.

Now, you put the two factors together, Jade Goody having cancer, it almost seems as though its dreadful to say that you really don't like her. I don't like her, I don't like her values or what she stands for. I am really sorry that she has cancer though.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:46 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Love her hate her Jade Goody certainly stirs a response in most people. I can see alot of contradictions in these posts. I hated the times article. I feel its too articulate and analytical to mean anything about Jade. Shes a 27 year old girl, probly one who should have recieved counselling a hell of a long time ago. Aside from her predicament being tragic, aside from her being pimped by the media (and yes she is also to blame in that sense) why has society had to come to such a state that people need to put themselves through this pantomine?

I actually admire Jady Goody in alot of ways, i loath her in others, shes far more astute than people give her credit for, but thats because she has had to be. Call her a chav, a racist, because yes...we are all so ******* perfect arent we!! Shes lived in a media circus , its her choice to die in a media circus. In that, shes establishing some financial security for her children. Does that make her a bad mother, a martyr, a pyria? No...it probly makes her the biggest campaign for cervical cancer britain has ever seen.

You know what really gets my goat ? Young girls who can open their legs have sex, even give birth and then say "im too scared to have a smear" well Jades your answer so i hope it brings them a reality check. I only hope she ends her days painlessly as possible, no-one deserves to die so young!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

You know what really gets my goat ? Young girls who can open their legs have sex, even give birth and then say "im too scared to have a smear" well Jades your answer so i hope it brings them a reality check. I only hope she ends her days painlessly as possible, no-one deserves to die so young!
I don't know if you've ever had one, but having a smear is nothing like having sex!

And as Ive said previously not all cervical cancer is detectable with a smear! There are a lot of disturbing judgements in this statement....Unbelievable in 2009!

However, I really don't like Jade Goody
You've met her then?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:17 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
I don't know if you've ever had one, but having a smear is nothing like having sex!

And as Ive said previously not all cervical cancer is detectable with a smear! There are a lot of disturbing judgements in this statement....Unbelievable in 2009!

You've met her then?
Disturbing judgments - such as? Thick, chav, racist perhaps. These are merely opinions borne from the persona and the media coverage we see.

I think the Clare was implying that a lot of young girls are quite happy to flash their fanny to any bloke that passes but find the thought of a medical professional horrifying.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

I think the Clare was implying that a lot of young girls are quite happy to flash their fanny to any bloke that passes but find the thought of a medical professional horrifying.
Yes and I find that sort of attitude to young women offensive, if a bloke said it he'd be called a sexist pig....

Last edited by pompeyblonde; Feb 23rd 2009 at 10:24 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:26 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

You've met her then?
yes ive had several smears and my point was most people are put off by the embarrassment factor, yes its uncomfortable yes its embarrassing . My statement isnt disturbing its truthful.

Quote ...

Cervical cancer is caused by infection with certain types of a common virus, called human papillomavirus, or HPV. While other factors such as the oral contraceptive pill, smoking, a woman's immune system and the presence of other infections also seem to play a part, a woman has to have been infected with certain 'high-risk' HPV types before cervical cancer can develop. High risk types 16 & 18 are responsible for ~70% of all cervical cancers.

Abnormal cervical cells are also caused by HPV infection, and these may be detected when a woman has a routine Pap test
, HPV is passed on through sex. My point is if you can have sex why cant you have a smear?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:28 pm
looking for my marbles

Yes and I find that sort of attitude to young women offensive, if a bloke said it he'd be called a sexist pig....
your implying i called all young women slappers? where did i say this ok my wording was maybe a touch insensitive , i apologise if i offended you but thats not actually what i said so i suggest you re-read!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, but I guess the statement below could be seen that way!

You know what really gets my goat ? Young girls who can open their legs have sex, even give birth and then say "im too scared to have a smear" well Jades your answer so i hope it brings them a reality check.
Anyway, screening on the whole is great but its not a cure all and studies suggest that it greatly raises anxiety in people, but still get it done, just get advice on treatment. My mum had a mastectomy following a mammogram, no lump nothing and so she needed no further treatment... much better than going through the whole chemo thing
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:56 pm
looking for my marbles

No, but I guess the statement below could be seen that way!

Anyway, screening on the whole is great but its not a cure all and studies suggest that it greatly raises anxiety in people, but still get it done, just get advice on treatment. My mum had a mastectomy following a mammogram, no lump nothing and so she needed no further treatment... much better than going through the whole chemo thing
well i open my legs when i have sex? dont most women ?

If we didnt have screening Cervical cancer rates would be drastically higher. Several of my friends have had abnormal cells, a few had cone biopsies. I had altered cells for a few years and was screened yearly. My friends partner has cervical cancer. Ive nursed patients with end stage CV cancer. Id prefer anxiety than to die young!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
well i open my legs when i have sex? dont most women ?
Wouldn't be very enjoyable if we didn't It wasn't sexist or offensive. It was a sensible comment with regard to the problem. Many women and not just young girls will happily enjoy sex, but when it comes to lying on a doctors couch and 'opening wide' they become horrified and embarrassed. It's fact, pure and simple. No one enjoys the experience let's face it but most of us realise it's necessary. However there is still a large number who are scared of either the procedure or what the examination may discover. Some people would prefer to bury their heads in the sand.

If Jade has made just one woman re-evaluate her feeling of embarrassment and go to have a smear done then she has done damn good work imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.