Jade Goody

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
So you think that it is good that she is going to die then? Because of some of the things that she has said and done in the past that means that she deserves cancer does it?
Read carefully. Where did I say she deserves anything. Don't put your own spin on other peoples words.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:33 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spilko
Read carefully. Where did I say she deserves anything. Don't put your own spin on other peoples words.
You implied it.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Ironically, it would be someone with an attitude such as yours that would receive naff all sympathy from me in circumstances such as these.
Oh I'm gutted. Don't worry, I wouldn't be asking for any

Ps there is nothing ironic about your statement.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
You implied it.
No I didn't. I said I was finding it hard to have any sympathy. Totally different. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone; I've seen close up what it does.

You chose to read into it what you did.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wonder how you would feel if you were given a few weeks to live and someone like yourself, was so hung up on your past behaviour, that they 'despised' you.

She has never hurt anyone, just tried to carve a better way of life for herself and Im sure if you were offered millions to do similar you wouldnt pass that offer up.

And Jade is still alive by the way.
If I had a few weeks to live I'm sure I wouldn't feel anything about what strangers were thinking.. And I'm sure she doesn't now, she has enough to cope with.

And lets face it she has never really cared what people thought, apart from when she was considered a racist and her career was threatened.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:51 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If I had a few weeks to live I'm sure I wouldn't feel anything about what strangers were thinking.. And I'm sure she doesn't now, she has enough to cope with.

And lets face it she has never really cared what people thought, apart from when she was considered a racist and her career was threatened.
But why cant people move on from that ridiculous Shilpa incident? People have said far worse on TV, far far worse.

Why cant people get over what she said all those years ago and see the situation for the here and now, a young woman dying of cancer, who has managed to raise awareness on the disease, thus increase the amount of women going for smears.

Forgetting her past, just having some empathy for a young woman given weeks to live, leaving her beloved boys.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:03 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

a couple of very interesting articles from timesonline.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5683393.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5768771.ece
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
But why cant people move on from that ridiculous Shilpa incident? People have said far worse on TV, far far worse.

Why cant people get over what she said all those years ago and see the situation for the here and now, a young woman dying of cancer, who has managed to raise awareness on the disease, thus increase the amount of women going for smears.

Forgetting her past, just having some empathy for a young woman given weeks to live, leaving her beloved boys.
Because the only reason we are on here talking about it is because of her celebrity seeking, Big Brother and Celebrity BB.

It defines her.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

And TV and the media have never exploited her?

Because some people are more comfortable being judgemental, it means they don't have to face their fears and vulnerabilities... they can just think "I don't care about her anyway" and not think about it beyond that......

Excellent articles Vanessa heres a quote Iparticularly like;

I think sticking by her is important, too. She’s right about wanting to accumulate money: what else is she supposed to do and in what other way? It’s not just that you don’t call a dying person names, but also that she is society’s creature as much, if not more, than she is her own. The idea that she is so stupid that we should protect her from herself is kind and compassionate and humane – it’s just a shame that nobody had it seven years ago.

It’s too late now. We’re stuck with her and she is stuck with us, careering wildly down the hill waiting for the crash.

Last edited by pompeyblonde; Feb 19th 2009 at 11:11 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vanessa
very true

Lindsay x
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
And TV and the media have never exploited her?
I'm not convinced the media has exploited her. I don't think she's a green as she's cabbage looking and I think she's the one doing the exploiting. She's made a great deal of money out of the media and good luck to her. Those boys will need every penny and I hope she's had the best advice for protecting that money for the boys. We all make money the best way we can to provide for our kids. She's worked out her way and it's been profitable for her and thank god she has, how many 27 year olds can leave their kids the amount she's able to. Got to be the only good thing in the whole sad story.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde

Because some people are more comfortable being judgemental, it means they don't have to face their fears and vulnerabilities... they can just think "I don't care about her anyway" and not think about it beyond that......
How you infer that first statement from the posts on here is beyond me. Someone not feeling sorry for Jade Goody in no way means they have fears and vulnerabilities Any more than anyone else does). Thats just nonsense.

Your 2nd statement is more like it. Exactly what I feel.

Last edited by spilko; Feb 20th 2009 at 6:07 am.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm not convinced the media has exploited her. I don't think she's a green as she's cabbage looking and I think she's the one doing the exploiting.
She has Max Clifford as an agent. That tells you all you need to know.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:29 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

She has Max Clifford as an agent. That tells you all you need to know.
Those exact words went through my head when I read the post, and I'd actually just been discussing the issue on IM with my mate (yes, sad I know but HE brought it up!).

Max Clifford is a sleazeball. I read his autobiography and still think he's a sleazeball, even though he mentioned his charity work in almost every paragraph (or so it seemed).

He is however a very clever sleazeball and, whilst I'm sure he's made a ton of money from Jade, he's made even more FOR her. She didn't have a great start in life - apart from very clever casting by BB - and we all love to laugh at her stupidity (East Angular) so she capitalised on that. She makes us feel superior.

There's a market for it. We want to read/watch and talk about it. She makes money from it. Who's being exploited, and who's stupid?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Those exact words went through my head when I read the post, and I'd actually just been discussing the issue on IM with my mate (yes, sad I know but HE brought it up!).

Max Clifford is a sleazeball. I read his autobiography and still think he's a sleazeball, even though he mentioned his charity work in almost every paragraph (or so it seemed).

He is however a very clever sleazeball and, whilst I'm sure he's made a ton of money from Jade, he's made even more FOR her. She didn't have a great start in life - apart from very clever casting by BB - and we all love to laugh at her stupidity (East Angular) so she capitalised on that. She makes us feel superior.

There's a market for it. We want to read/watch and talk about it. She makes money from it. Who's being exploited, and who's stupid?
My father had a Ford Angular, if that's any help?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.