British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Jacket Potato!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/jacket-potato-800088/)

Hebe Jun 14th 2013 9:20 am

Jacket Potato!!

Couldn't resist. I know I should have but it was DELICIOUS. Jacket potato (oven baked) baked beans and grated cheddar with a dash of Worcester sauce, salt and pepper. First potato I have eaten for soooooo long. However stomach now bloated with an audible sound emitting from my sphincter with a slight aroma follow through. Glad I am home alone!!

irishbloo Jun 14th 2013 9:28 am

Re: Jacket Potato!!

Originally Posted by Hebe (Post 10756345)
Couldn't resist. I know I should have but it was DELICIOUS. Jacket potato (oven baked) baked beans and grated cheddar with a dash of Worcester sauce, salt and pepper. First potato I have eaten for soooooo long. However stomach now bloated with an audible sound emitting from my sphincter with a slight aroma follow through. Glad I am home alone!!

My oh does one with mixed bean pulses and spinach.Always goes down well.:thumbsup:

Snap Shot Jun 14th 2013 9:39 am

I had that. Yum. Brown sauce on baked beans on a jacket potato - delicious.

I also made my own baked potato filling from left over roast lamb, natural yoghurt, mint and chopped cucumber. Delicious.

I purchased a few potatoes for baking especially.

carolinephillips Jun 14th 2013 11:56 am

I love baked potatoes, especially with cheese and coleslaw and a green salad on the side. But they have to be oven cooked, not microwaved, so that they get that lovely caramelised exterior.

itigo Jun 14th 2013 11:04 pm

Mmmm jacket potato with cheese and mayo or chilli con carne and cheese, or beans, or anything really! I am a potato junkie.....I would need a 12 step programme to help if I had to stop....

Saw a nice recipe for twice baked last night....where you scoop out the soft potato, mix it with loads of things like cheese sour cream chopped bacon and chives then bake again......

When I was about 8 til about 18 I hated them and would get violent if anyone made me eat the skin. Not sure why looking back.......

irishbloo Jun 14th 2013 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by itigo (Post 10757591)
Mmmm jacket potato with cheese and mayo or chilli con carne and cheese, or beans, or anything really! I am a potato junkie.....I would need a 12 step programme to help if I had to stop....

Saw a nice recipe for twice baked last night....where you scoop out the soft potato, mix it with loads of things like cheese sour cream chopped bacon and chives then bake again......

When I was about 8 til about 18 I hated them and would get violent if anyone made me eat the skin. Not sure why looking back.......

Come dine with me.??

monkeyalan Jun 14th 2013 11:54 pm

Saw a nice recipe for twice baked last night....where you scoop out the soft potato, mix it with loads of things ......

That's how I do 'em. :D

Also to get an extra crispy skin rub them in salt and olive oil before baking.

itigo Jun 15th 2013 12:41 am

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 10757625)
Come dine with me.??

Rumbled! My excuse is not being able to do much due to being on crutches....
;-)

Dreamy Jun 15th 2013 5:38 am

We have a version of that quite often (whenever I do a 'buffet' meal) - they're really scrummy.

NigelWaring Jun 15th 2013 7:20 am

I loved baked potatoes. A few years ago I was an I.T. contractor and on the way to a job I saw, in the distance, a huge sign that said "Hot Potato". It was difficult trying to do my job whilst thinking about a baked potato for lunch and wondering how many fillings they had available. Eventually it was lunchtime and I raced down to where I could see that sign, turned out to be a women's fashion store.