Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've Just Watched Jade's Wedding....

I've Just Watched Jade's Wedding....

Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:55 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: I've Just Watched Jade's Wedding....

Originally Posted by MarkMC
My Dad has just recorded it for me and is posting it out tomorrow. My Mum sent the OK magazines out of her wedding and she did look very beautiful.

Kerry.

Whenever I have had programmes recorded onto dvd and posted to me from the UK they have never arrived. It's so frustrating. Have you had programmes posted to you before?

I've been following Jades progress for many months on the internet. I'm gutted that I am not able to watch the Living programmes that are being shown in the UK. I know that I could probably download the programmes from UKNova but my monthly allowance doesn't really give me enough to do this.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:12 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Ok I know I am gonna cop flak for this but at some stage you have to be able to tell the cameras to go away.

I think every time we show something like this we seem to purvey a message to young people that you don't exist unless you have a camera on you.
My Mum told me a week before she died that 'having cancer was the loneliest disease ever' and that surrounding herself with people could almost make herself feel 'normal' and not give her chance to dwell.

She didnt like being alone, she needed to know we were all round her - she would have had half the estate round if she could have done.

Perhaps Jade feels like this, not just wanting to make money for the boys, but they do say she has bonded with the camera crew in particular the producer in the years that they have known each other when they started filming for her TV show.

Cancer is a lonely disease and I guess if it makes her feel better by doing this then who are we to argue.

I wish they would find a cure for this disease, its so not fair.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:08 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought OK magazine which is covering the wedding and i have sobbed.
I just know i could not watch the wedding it would be too much
The Sun newspaper said her husband was called to her bedside yesterday as she took a turn for the worst - he is tagged so I presume he went after the curfew.
Bless her and all those around her.
J x
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I bought OK magazine which is covering the wedding and i have sobbed.
I just know i could not watch the wedding it would be too much
The Sun newspaper said her husband was called to her bedside yesterday as she took a turn for the worst - he is tagged so I presume he went after the curfew.
Bless her and all those around her.
J x
According to the press, he is allowed to break curfew in cases of emergency, and with Jade becoming aggitated and deteriorating, it was deemed an emergency and he was allowed to visit. Max Clifford said on Saturday that Jade is on the edge
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched the programme for 2 hours with tears streaming, recorded it and watched it again with my OH, more tears (looked like nothing on earth the next day at work...huge puffy eyes !) Watched parts of it again tonight with my MIL who only has terrestrial tv and filled up AGAIN.
Whatever anyone's view are, you have to admire her courage. She is very level headed considering the life she led as a child and she loves her children so much, that's evident. Very sad.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:22 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Ok I know I am gonna cop flak for this but at some stage you have to be able to tell the cameras to go away.

I think every time we show something like this we seem to purvey a message to young people that you don't exist unless you have a camera on you.
agree guess its her last attempt to make some money?

has she died yet? my OH said she had
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:57 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
agree guess its her last attempt to make some money?

has she died yet? my OH said she had
Not that I've read. She apparently deteriorated yesterday but no news since.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
According to the press, he is allowed to break curfew in cases of emergency, and with Jade becoming aggitated and deteriorating, it was deemed an emergency and he was allowed to visit. Max Clifford said on Saturday that Jade is on the edge
It must have been horrible for Jade to wake and him not be there.It must also have been hard on the nurses.I am glad they have changed Jake's curfew for Jade's sake.Sue.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I do feel sorry for her and her family and Jayne you could have sent me the magazine lol.

I do think however, that they show the same compassion for people in the same situation who are not in the spot light in regards to OH's coming out of prison to be with their sick rellies.

I hope she goes soon so all her pain can go, no one deserves that sort of pain

Lace
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
I do feel sorry for her and her family and Jayne you could have sent me the magazine lol.

I do think however, that they show the same compassion for people in the same situation who are not in the spot light in regards to OH's coming out of prison to be with their sick rellies.

I hope she goes soon so all her pain can go, no one deserves that sort of pain

Lace
I don't think the Home Secretary's decision is a one off. Depending on circumstances and what the prisoner is in for, it's often done. Jade's man is out and tagged and is just being given extensions on curfew when the need arises. As soon as she dies and his other court case comes up, he'll be back to being a normal prisoner (if he gets locked up of course). It's not like he's had his tag removed or been released early.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it isn't a one off. I have never encountered this before so...

I do have great sadness for her and the fact that she has had to make money this way but also admiration too.

cancer is a horrible disease.

What has happened to Jade has highlighted some things in my life and made me have a check up. It's a good thing.

lace x
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:11 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

Sitting with someone you love who is in the final stages of life is so heartbreaking. Sitting and waiting for the last breath is unbearable. Jade has the people she loves around her. Although she is heavily sedated their presence will be felt by her. I think she is right not to want her boys to be present at the end. It's hard enough for a grown ups to deal with. She is a fighter and I'm sure every minute she is fighting to stay with her boys. Althoug her time is near I hope for her sake and her family the end is peaceful. My thoughts are with her and her lovely boys.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dickchap
Sitting with someone you love who is in the final stages of life is so heartbreaking. Sitting and waiting for the last breath is unbearable. Jade has the people she loves around her. Although she is heavily sedated their presence will be felt by her. I think she is right not to want her boys to be present at the end. It's hard enough for a grown ups to deal with. She is a fighter and I'm sure every minute she is fighting to stay with her boys. Althoug her time is near I hope for her sake and her family the end is peaceful. My thoughts are with her and her lovely boys.
Life is so unfair isnt it! Everytime I think about it I well up. I think being a mother brings it so much closer to home. She has shown tremendous strength and courage and how she has got through to this stage amazes me. I cannot believe the hatred that some people have shown towards her but hey I guess that is life.

It has spurred me on to get a check up and also do the race for life and womens walk events to raise money for Cancer Research. God bless Jade and her family.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:04 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
I cannot believe the hatred that some people have shown towards her but hey I guess that is life.
I dont hate her but I certainly was not impressed by her during her time in the spotlight.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh flip. I was really enjoying this thread and thinking what a breath of fresh air it was to have a bit of compassionate 'conversation' going on without any negativity. Hopefully we'll be left alone. As I've said before, I wouldn't want to be stuck on a desert island with her but I've come to admire her attitude, tenancity and sheer strength for her kids, which, God forbid, I hope I never have to find but I would like to think I could also. I think the comment that she is finding comfort by being surrounded by others is probably right and it may be her way of dealing with the horrendous situation, if so, why not? I just hope they'll back off finally when she indicates it's time. I personally think it's appaling that OK have released a 'tribute' to her whilst she's still alive - God how insensitive; I read that rellies aren't too happy with it at all.
I just wish her a peaceful end, poor woman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.