Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've just heard from the employment agency...

I've just heard from the employment agency...

Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've just heard from the employment agency...

He said the manager in the shop was very impressed with me and my knowledge of plumbing, but I was up against someone who although they had no knowledge of plumbing what so ever had plenty of retail experience.

Yet the job advertised for someone with exposure to the plumbing trade to be trained up to sell plumbing goods, so I met the criteria and the other guy didn't yet he got the job

I don't understand how he even got the interview, oh well
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:08 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

Originally Posted by fraser
He said the manager in the shop was very impressed with me and my knowledge of plumbing, but I was up against someone who although they had no knowledge of plumbing what so ever had plenty of retail experience.

Yet the job advertised for someone with exposure to the plumbing trade to be trained up to sell plumbing goods, so I met the criteria and the other guy didn't yet he got the job

You'll get there, Fraser. It will happen for you.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:12 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George

You'll get there, Fraser. It will happen for you.
I've applied for so many jobs and this was the only one where I matched all their requirements, and they gave it to someone who only matched one the customer relations bit.

My CV will be getting some creative enhancement from now on.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:16 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

that sucks

sorry to hear that mate
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear about that, doesn't seem fair or logical.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fraser,

It's been ages! Sorry to her about the job. That sucks. I'll be joining you in unemployed land - this is the last week of my current contract (a job where I've actually had to do work - hence so little BE time!)

Anyway Good luck with the hunt. Give it some time and something fantastic is sure to come along!

Chin up!

Jem
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hi Fraser,

It's been ages! Sorry to her about the job. That sucks. I'll be joining you in unemployed land - this is the last week of my current contract (a job where I've actually had to do work - hence so little BE time!)

Anyway Good luck with the hunt. Give it some time and something fantastic is sure to come along!

Chin up!

Jem
Hello Jem, lovely to hear from you twice

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jem, lovely to hear from you twice

Thanks

See what happens when you don't get enough practice at this posting business
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:07 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Absolutely nothing to do with them giving it to the Australian applicant would you say? Uh oh, think this may ruffle a few feathers.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fraser,

thats crap news mate, they weren't worthy of you, I say.

Keep going, you'll get there.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:15 am

Rich sits here with Arkon on one shoulder and Lacey on the other.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Absolutely nothing to do with them giving it to the Australian applicant would you say? Uh oh, think this may ruffle a few feathers.
Hard for it not to enter my mind mate as the agency guy did the first interview and was impressed by me, the second interview was with the shop manager and didn't really cover any of my experience, I just spent an hour in the shop with him why he showed me how the computer worked and where everything was, and how all their procedures worked, what was the point?

He also asked me if I smoke as they all smoke in there, maybe he didn't want a non-smoker.

Last edited by fraser; Jul 11th 2006 at 2:20 am.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:25 am

Hard for it not to enter my mind mate as the agency guy did the first interview and was impressed by me, the second interview was with the shop manager and didn't really cover any of my experience, I just spent an hour in the shop with him why he showed me how the computer worked and where everything was, and how all their procedures worked, what was the point?

He also asked me if I smoke as they all smoke in there, maybe he didn't want a non-smoker.
I liken it to going through the visa process again....only worse!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, usual crap, why do they have to make such simple jobs sound like brain surgery , I mean how difficult is it to sell a flamin U bend or waste fitting.

Cant you get on with a plumber, get the aussie experience, licence and then earn some decent money (if preprared to go out contracting and associated hassles/expenses) ? Good luck anyway.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:46 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry to hear that Fraser. Don't let the buggers get you down....Onwards and upwards and creativity is the game!

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.