Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've just found a small child

I've just found a small child

Old May 16th 2007, 11:16 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've just found a small child

honestly I have!

Was just on the phone to Dale and saw this little boy, ooh I'd say he was about 2 and a halfish toddling down the road with his water pistol. I'm thinking his mom must be about somewhere........

Then he wonders into the grove without looking, I start to panic as we are on a service road that is alongside a dual carriageway very busy main road..then he wonders past my house still no parent in sight.

I got my boots on and pegged it out the house in a panic, caught up with him down the road, got a filthy look from some people driving past in a car as they clearly thought he was mine!

I got him to take me back to mummy, which was completely the opposite direction to where he'd been heading! He just walked back in through the open front door

I had to shout them to tell them I'd found him down the road
Old May 16th 2007, 11:18 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've just found a small child

Originally Posted by Clippies
honestly I have!

Was just on the phone to Dale and saw this little boy, ooh I'd say he was about 2 and a halfish toddling down the road with his water pistol. I'm thinking his mom must be about somewhere........

Then he wonders into the grove without looking, I start to panic as we are on a service road that is alongside a dual carriageway very busy main road..then he wonders past my house still no parent in sight.

I got my boots on and pegged it out the house in a panic, caught up with him down the road, got a filthy look from some people driving past in a car as they clearly thought he was mine!

I got him to take me back to mummy, which was completely the opposite direction to where he'd been heading! He just walked back in through the open front door

OMG Kath - considering the recent events in Portugal that is just awful. Did they even know he had gone missing?

Thank god you found him and not someone who would have harmed him.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Some folk shouldn't be allowed to have dogs let alone kids.

Well done you for taking him home.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:21 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
OMG Kath - considering the recent events in Portugal that is just awful. Did they even know he had gone missing?

Thank god you found him and not someone who would have harmed him.
It would appear not

Yes thank god I found him, never moved so fast in my life once I clocked he was off on a wonder alone.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Yup I know exactly what you mean Tracey, I really do.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:26 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a family in our cul-de-sac that allows their 3 year old out to play on his own. O.k, it appears safe, no fast cars etc, but what would happen if he wandered off alone? Or, God forbid, crossed the main Joondalup drive?

Why oh why are some parents so irresponsible? Our kids are the most precious things in the world to us and like most people, we do everything we can to keep them safe.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:29 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a family in our cul-de-sac that allows their 3 year old out to play on his own. O.k, it appears safe, no fast cars etc, but what would happen if he wandered off alone? Or, God forbid, crossed the main Joondalup drive?

Why oh why are some parents so irresponsible? Our kids are the most precious things in the world to us and like most people, we do everything we can to keep them safe.
Tell someone! Sounds like they need help!
Old May 16th 2007, 11:30 am

Happens all the time around here, we live in a grove and it's an uphill one so the kids all come to ride their bikes, scooters etc down it. Terrifies me as they go straight into the road at the bottom Also whizzing past the drives on their way down and you can't see them when you reverse down your drive. Some of these kids are only just walking - it is so worrying. I can't watch, it makes me feel sick, some of them are still out at 10 o'clock in the summer and they're so very young

My boy is 5 and ther is NO WAY I would let him play out there. Not in a million years.
Old May 16th 2007, 11:39 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with you, but then they would probably treat a dog better!
Old May 16th 2007, 11:41 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar thing happen...... 6 am on a Saturday in Autumn... looking out my toddler sons window whilst changing his nappy and i see a tiny little mite no more than 2 wandering down the road .. in the middle of the road.. with a little t-shirt on no pants or nappy!! Legged it out there bare foot with son under my arm and as he didnt speak much had to wander up and down the road trying to find his home. Finally found an open door at the end of the road and had to shout several times to get any response. Finally got another lad completely naked , no more than 3 to come to the door and asked for mummy or daddy?? "Theyre in bed" was the reply. So finally get mum to come to the door in a dressing gown, explained what had happened ....... had she started telling the 3 year old off !!!! Well ...me being me i blatently told her she was the parent . Obviously there was no thanks or anything ???!! :curse: People like that dont deserve kids!!
M J
Old May 16th 2007, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by M J
I had a similar thing happen...... 6 am on a Saturday in Autumn... looking out my toddler sons window whilst changing his nappy and i see a tiny little mite no more than 2 wandering down the road .. in the middle of the road.. with a little t-shirt on no pants or nappy!! Legged it out there bare foot with son under my arm and as he didnt speak much had to wander up and down the road trying to find his home. Finally found an open door at the end of the road and had to shout several times to get any response. Finally got another lad completely naked , no more than 3 to come to the door and asked for mummy or daddy?? "Theyre in bed" was the reply. So finally get mum to come to the door in a dressing gown, explained what had happened ....... had she started telling the 3 year old off !!!! Well ...me being me i blatently told her she was the parent . Obviously there was no thanks or anything ???!! :curse: People like that dont deserve kids!!
M J
Jesus, that's just shocking

Poor kids
Old May 16th 2007, 11:57 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Clippies
honestly I have!

OMG, i really cant understand why some people are so flippant in the care of their children.
a few months back i was in debenhams with my sister, my 3yr old and 6yr old, i lterally took my eyes of my children for seconds ( thats all it takes) and when i looked at my children again 3 yr wasnt there anyway the next 10 minutes were the worst of my entire life. i ran around debenhams shouting his name, debenhams were brill though within minutes they had sercurity posted on doors, checking cctv and so many staff helping in the search. y i then saw the soles of his feet poking out from a clothes rail metres from where i saw him last. he was playing a hiding game!!!! i was crying and shaking, all sorts of things go through your mind. so this is why it makes me so mad that some parents just couldnt give a damn
Old May 16th 2007, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

If i could Karma you i would .
s
Old May 16th 2007, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere
OMG, i really cant understand why some people are so flippant in the care of their children.
a few months back i was in debenhams with my sister, my 3yr old and 6yr old, i lterally took my eyes of my children for seconds ( thats all it takes) and when i looked at my children again 3 yr wasnt there anyway the next 10 minutes were the worst of my entire life. i ran around debenhams shouting his name, debenhams were brill though within minutes they had sercurity posted on doors, checking cctv and so many staff helping in the search. y i then saw the soles of his feet poking out from a clothes rail metres from where i saw him last. he was playing a hiding game!!!! i was crying and shaking, all sorts of things go through your mind. so this is why it makes me so mad that some parents just couldnt give a damn
Ooh yes I've had the disappearing into a rack of clothes panic too! Just thinking about it makes me start having palpitations!
Old May 16th 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

i had the same thing once saw a little girl about 2 and a half) wandering down the side of a road in our estate, i watched her for a little bit to see if parents were about no sign so i went and spoke to her asked her where she lived asked her her name but no joy so took her around some neighbours to see if they recognised her no one knew ended up calling the police in all i think she was with me for about an hour by the time police had arrived. they took her around another part of the estate over the road, their was a group of children outside a house which was brothers and sisters parents inside oblivious she had gone missing got no thanks and just said her siblings should have been watching her.

makes me so angry:curse:

but it happens everywhere only the other day at the park a little boy came out of the park gates crying eyes out asking for mummy i watched again to see if any mums were looking but no i ended up again going over to him pointing to the mums to see if he recognised her i ended up taking him around all the mums sitting on the grass to see if he belonged to them eventually found them with their backs to the park nattering away.

on both occasions it would have been very easy to take the children away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.