British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   It's Official - Girlie Mid Life Crisis Is Here! Yippee! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/its-official-girlie-mid-life-crisis-here-yippee-346649/)

wholeworldwindow Jan 7th 2006 4:21 am

It's Official - Girlie Mid Life Crisis Is Here! Yippee!

Been feeling all sorts of unusual things recently and did a bit of research - every single web site I read rang true - almost exactly symptom by symptom! It's official - text-book Mid Life Crisis! :scared: Yippeee! Nice to spring on my family less than a year in a new country! I always thought the term was just a way of saying "gettin old and not dealing with it - ho ho ha ha!' Pretty shocked to find out it is a genuine condition, hormone imbalance that could take up to 7 years to sort out...and although generally starts in 40's - can start as young as 35 (which I am)! Really interesting to read up about it. Don't feel quite as much as a lost freak now I have a definitition.
How odd! Wonder what will happen next!
I guess most people on here would not admit to having it - but if any other women got it shortly after moving here, I'd love to hear about it...here or in a PM. Don't really have any mates here and would love to find out I'm not the only one with it! (Interesting to hear from Men too) :D

Linda Lushardi Jan 7th 2006 4:45 am

Re: It's Official - Girlie Mid Life Crisis Is Here! Yippee!

You mean you've only just found out? I've been using it as an excuse to be a pain in the arse for years!! :D

Luke I Amyofath Jan 7th 2006 5:29 am

I had mine @ the age of 20 because I didnt think Id live past 40 :D

Linda Lushardi Jan 7th 2006 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I had mine @ the age of 20 because I didnt think Id live past 40 :D

So whats your excuse nowadays then? :D ;)

Luke I Amyofath Jan 7th 2006 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
So whats your excuse nowadays then? :D ;)

Its no longer a crisis, just an acceptance :p

moneypenny20 Jan 7th 2006 6:33 am

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Been feeling all sorts of unusual things recently and did a bit of research - every single web site I read rang true - almost exactly symptom by symptom! It's official - text-book Mid Life Crisis! :scared: Yippeee! Nice to spring on my family less than a year in a new country! I always thought the term was just a way of saying "gettin old and not dealing with it - ho ho ha ha!' Pretty shocked to find out it is a genuine condition, hormone imbalance that could take up to 7 years to sort out...and although generally starts in 40's - can start as young as 35 (which I am)! Really interesting to read up about it. Don't feel quite as much as a lost freak now I have a definitition.
I guess most people on here would not admit to having it - but if any other women got it shortly after moving here, I'd love to hear about it...here or in a PM. Don't really have any mates here and would love to find out I'm not the only one with it! (Interesting to hear from Men too) :D

Apart from anything else, it makes for a great excuse when you are winding Les up ;) Can't say I have felt it but assume that deciding to change our lives and move to the other side of the world could be a joint mid life crisis ;)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 7th 2006 6:54 am

Don't you women turn into raving nymphomaniacs about this time then? :D

wholeworldwindow Jan 7th 2006 7:00 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Don't you women turn into raving nymphomaniacs about this time then? :D

My hubby is praying so..........and that is usually so yes...(but usually not with your husband! :scared: )

wholeworldwindow Jan 7th 2006 7:01 am

My hubby is praying so..........and that is usually so yes...(but usually not with your husband! :scared: )

That was a joke by the way...no need for you ladies to lock up your husbands..............lol

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 7th 2006 7:03 am

That was a joke by the way...no need for you ladies to lock up your husbands..............lol

Nicely added at the end there ;)
So, have you started to experience 'those' symptoms yet? ;)

Yip, I'm practising for perviest poster 2006!! :D

wholeworldwindow Jan 7th 2006 7:06 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Nicely added at the end there ;)
So, have you started to experience 'those' symptoms yet? ;)

Yip, I'm practising for perviest poster 2006!! :D

NO COMMENT! (unless of course your real name is Colin Farrell...then we can talk shop!) lol :eek:

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 7th 2006 7:09 am

NO COMMENT! (unless of course your real name is Colin Farrell...then we can talk shop!) lol :eek:

ColinFarrellTheCampfireSlayer....that's me!
Someone call?
;)

rossifumi Jan 7th 2006 7:50 am

What the bloke that hassles a 70 year old woman for sex? :confused:

wholeworldwindow Jan 7th 2006 7:57 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
What the bloke that hassles a 70 year old woman for sex? :confused:

He's obviously looking for worldy experience in all realms?!?! I wouldn't knock it.....that would indicate I might get the chance one day too! lol

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Jan 7th 2006 8:00 am

He's obviously looking for worldy experience in all realms?!?! I wouldn't knock it.....that would indicate I might get the chance one day too! lol

LMAO :D