Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

It's Friday the 13th!

It's Friday the 13th!

Old Oct 13th 2006, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future
Default Re: It's Friday the 13th!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If you don't have sheep nearby, you should be ok
But I do!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
It certainly is.

I was never superstitious until today.
I was in my local park at lunchtime, sitting on one of those park tables underneath a tree. It was quite windy, heard some creaking up in the tree, thought nothing of it, just thought it was the wind, then heard this loud crack, looked up and saw this huge limb come hurtling towards me. Missed me by 6 inches.
Sounds lucky to me
Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
But I do!
Stay inside, doors and windows shut and don't give into temptation
Old Oct 13th 2006, 4:19 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
It certainly is.

I was never superstitious until today.
I was in my local park at lunchtime, sitting on one of those park tables underneath a tree. It was quite windy, heard some creaking up in the tree, thought nothing of it, just thought it was the wind, then heard this loud crack, looked up and saw this huge limb come hurtling towards me. Missed me by 6 inches.
Surely its a lucky day for you then??
Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Shite...id forgotten all about the date till i just scrolled through the threads... :scared:
Old Oct 14th 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Koala Konnection
I've never known what that means? :scared:

Right Girlie's I have just been sent this information....on why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky! so i thought i would share this with you all.

It is all down to the fact that our male ancestors were sexist chauvinists! (surprise surprise!) I think you might like this one Sam!!!!!!!!

13 is a female number as there are 13 months in the Lunar year, which is the female element!

Friday comes from the name Freya, which is the name of a Nordic Goddess, the equivalent to Venus or Aphrodite. The combination of a female day and number was too much for these pathetic men, so they decided to link it to witchcraft and wrong doing, hence the fact Friday 13th is considered unlucky! In actual fact, it is just the most female day possible!

Just thought Id share that with you all!

Happy Friday the 13th ladies x xxxx
Old Oct 14th 2006, 1:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: It's Friday the 13th!

Apparently this was the first incidence since a year in the 1500's when not only was it Friday 13th but the digits add up to 13

ie. 1+3+1+0+2+0+0+6 = 13 :scared:

Buzzy
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Stay inside, doors and windows shut and don't give into temptation
But the weird thing is, they're probably plastic...

I was in Malta once when I saw some garden geese. Anyway, they were for sale in an exclusive department store and they were plastic, with lights in them, so they could be lit at night

The life-size sheep are for sale at a non-exclusive shop, not too far away. I think I need to investigate.

Paul.

PS When the wife saw them she thought they were great! But then that's because we used to have sheep at the end of our garden and the lambs were... springy.