Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

It's cold outside - and e're in the month of May

Wikiposts

It's cold outside - and e're in the month of May

Old May 17th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's cold outside - and e're in the month of May

Its always sunny in my world
Old May 17th 2010, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
After an unseasonably chilly start to May it finally warmed up today. Sunny here in Dorset
Indeed. Lovely and warm in Surrey yesterday. 24 degrees by Friday.
Old May 17th 2010, 7:16 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Indeed. Lovely and warm in Surrey yesterday. 24 degrees by Friday.
I might actually get into t-shirts and sandals! Haven't taken my boots off yet
Old May 17th 2010, 7:20 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Add 10 degrees for this part of OZ : (Brissie)
For the CBD maybe, start from there and take a drive for an hour out my way and you'll soon be getting that fire going in the evening.

Had ice on the windscreen last week ... now, where is that scotch?
Old May 17th 2010, 7:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by DeadVim
For the CBD maybe, start from there and take a drive for an hour out my way and you'll soon be getting that fire going in the evening.

Had ice on the windscreen last week ... now, where is that scotch?
You must be West of the CBD then

Old May 17th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

billabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billabongbunyip
and I am eyeing off the thermal long Johns for tomorrow.
I didn’t use the long Johns this morning – but only because I have put on so much weight over Christmas that I can no longer fit into them.

But I did succumb to a thermal vest.

I was wrapped up like the Michelin man this morning, I wobbled in layers rather than walked........and still shivered on the train platform.

I have been feeling chilled for about two weeks now. But every morning I am still seeing a number of (mainly young) Aussies at the train station at 7.00am still wearing short skirts with bare legs, t-shirts, shorts and thongs.

Oh well, at least I have a good excuse for consuming lots of warming drinks like mulled red wine and port. That is the plus side to cold weather.
Old May 17th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

billabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to allbillabongbunyip is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billabongbunyip
still wearing short skirts with bare legs, t-shirts, shorts and thongs.
Thongs of course being flip flops - not underwear!

Old May 17th 2010, 9:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You must be West of the CBD then
Saaaaaarf West ... milder tonight though, it's quite comfy ... still having that scotch though ...
Old May 17th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

woke up to 15 deg here on the gold coast, and a high today of 24..
sun shining though..
Old May 21st 2010, 6:57 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

What a lovely sunny day in the west of Scotland, just chilling in the garden with a glass of wine or two.
Old May 21st 2010, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Warmest weekend of the year in the UK this weekend. 24 - 28 degrees apparently.